The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5629 · 287565

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After about 10 minutes, both Oliver and Ollie's cars were bumped into the corner, and the girls had them surrounded. "All right, you win, Mona and Flash," Oliver declared, getting out of his bumper car. "I'm a cat of my word, what would you like for a prize?"

Ollie looked at the time. He remembered they'd be meeting the grownups for food later. His stomach rumbled as he envisioned the meal.

The game got closer and closer, but in the end, Kiara lost the volleyball game by only one point. It had been fun, but giving the guys eye candy was the real thrilling part. "How'd you boys enjoy the show?" she called confidently. A bunch of whoops and cat calls were her response.

Kiara smirked. "Normally this is the part where someone tells you "you can look but not touch", but not this time...." she shook her behind seductively. "Feel free to have a grab."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sima felt the ' famns jump on her, hotting and clapping. Now now boys take ot easy, everyone gets a touch, just one, mind you so make it count.
-
 Kiara felt the guys all touch her at once, and the lioness grinned as the guys all took their squeezes in turn, most opted for touching kiaras booty, and i most occasions if any male had tried doing that with kopa around, they would have found themselves dumped into the sea, with missing teeth for their trouble. But now, she was having fun. She and Sima wormed their way out of the pile and began posing  in their outfits for the guys.
-
Vushu had set up a shrine in her hotel room, to formally indict Vitani, Kopa and Li'ella into the faith. all 3 wore the inductee mawashii, while she worker a darker blue "priest" Mawashii. the smell of incense filled the room, and the three inductees held claws. you are joinedti the great mass of the world f mawashii, united in servoce to our god king. in  multiple inductee cereminies the inductees are expected to share some sort of greeting , like a hug or kiss.  its not required, per se but it is tradition. What greeting will you grant each other?' Vuahu said.' A kiss" Vitani said. A kiss Kopa saiid. ' a kiss Li Ella said. Vushu turned to Kopa and vitani ' you first, then on down the line.' kopa took Vitani in his arms and kissed her on the lips. Vitani held the kiss for a good while then broke away. She then turned to Li ella who smiled at her, Vitani leaned in and kissed Li ella on the lips. this kiss lasted as long as the kiss Vitani had shared with Kopa with a subtle difference being Li ella and vitani french kissed, with Li ella rubbing her tongue against Vitani's. Vitani pulled away,  her tongue sliding out of Li ella's mouth, then took a seat. Kopa and Li ella finished by kissing for a full minute, before Li ella broke away. they then sat down and bowed thier heads towards the shrine. Vushu stretched out of her paw over them.  " You have bvnded in unity, and now I inoke the blessing of Great Ozai, to shower favor onn his chosen. grant that these newcomers to knowing you shall enjoy long lifes of prosperity, hapiness and safety, with your protective hand never far from them." in the ozai of ozai, i accept you as members of the tower. you may raise your heads ' Vushu said closing the book.
-
 JIng kIng brought out a transmitter and showed it to Tigeress ' You.. BUGGED his room?'Tigeress gasped " Spying 101" Jing King grinned as Po was heard searching for something calling a "Backscratcher" " where did I put that thing?' Tigeress began to chuckle, as Po scrounged around in his room.
-
Luca paused ' Alright I'll buy 10 packs if you throw in another 10 Deluxe ones. Heres 500 coins luca said to the Card clerk.
-
Just get us some french fries ' Mona said ' Large batches if you can swing them
-
 Arlene came up to Kitty and Tiger who were dresed in 'egyptian; gettup ' Hi arlene ' Kitty said handing her a frond ' HElp me ' Venerate' my phtoah' Kitty grinned'  Alright ' arlene said and begab waving the palm to cool Tiger off
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The shopkeeper’s eyes it up. “SOLD!” He exclaimed. “Your daughter will likely be the first player in history to own one of every card! That unlocks so many possible games, like Go Fish or poker or even 52 pickup! The previous record holder could only play 10-card pickup, so this is a huge accomplishment. You want me to print out a complimentary certificate?”

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sure thing," Oliver nodded to the wolf girls, and immediately took off for the nearest snack stand. When he found one, he took out his money. "4 large fries please," he meowed.

"Sure thing," the stand worker replied, handing them out with ketchup packets to boot. Oliver eagerly returned to his friends with the snacks.

"Think of it like this," Jing mused to Tigress, "This way, I'll always get to hear my beloved Po's lovely voice even when we're not together." As she was saying this, they could hear the sounds of Po chugging down a soda and then letting out a belch. "That's my big guy, Po."

Elsewhere on the planet, Tai Lung was enjoying a vacation with the rest of the Furious Five. He was showing off for Master Tigress in particular, as he always had some feelings for her.

"The sun here is perfect....." Viper grinned, relaxing on a beach chair.

"Too bad the big guy isn't here to block out the sun," Tai Lung chuckled, getting laughs from Monkey and Mantis. They gave the snow leopard hi-5s.

"I command my servants to fan me!" Tiger demanded in a booming voice, having gotten into character, He was wearing a silly headpiece to signify he was the "pharaoh" now, and was sitting back in a beach chair. "And do a good job, or you'll be sentenced to the pyramid!" He pointed to a sand pyramid they had made some moments ago.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sure, print out the certificate ' luca smiled as she handed over the gold. " hope you keep getting businesss.
_
 agumon and gabumon keept buying more ice cream, the vendor was starting to run low on artzberry.  Angel finished her ce cream and began heading out of the vendor carrying a pint of Arztbery to share w both Spyros, who were flying around the island enjoying the view and catching some of the fish for snacks. "i hope the girls will be okay on thier next mission 'Old spyro said as he landed ' i'm not worried, they have dixie tigeress and gabuna with them' Young Spyro smirked ' Plus you have that armor the wizard gave you. ' True, Spyro. Ihavbe every confidence that the girls will look out for each other, they always do.' Old spyro said. Eris and Elida flew on past feeling the breeze through their wings.
_
 a advertise,ent for Vox'a Markazians gone wild appeared on Kovu's tv screen. the cat-like creatures danced and writhed on the screen, as Kovu took a short break from training to take in some eye candy.
-
Then we must fan harder, My worshipmess ' Arlene said in character.
_
 somehow dear JIng, i dont think distance is going to keep po far from your mind ; tigeres chuckled ' not while you have that thing in your posession.' Jing king chuckled,  she refilled drinks for both of them. ' Hence why I put it in place in the first place ' Jing grinned.

_ Flash took her fries as did mona and both began to wolf down - no pun intended- on the salty treat.

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Keep up the fanning, my slaves," Tiger demanded in his character voice. He looked at Arlene in particular. "I am a god amongst felines, after all." He sat back and felt the nice breeze on his fur. He liked this game he and Kitty played.

Oliver and Ollie were allowed to have a few fries from the wolves. "After this is over, can we go where we were told for lunch?" Ollie asked.

"Yeah," Oliver nodded, "I'm hungry too." The orange kitten waited patiently.

Kiara began modelling the Kovu-themed swimwear she and Sima had developed. "Now boys....I know you love me. Your paws proved that point," she grinned, "Now feast your eyes on these." She made a seductive look as she showed off the attire.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the guys swayed as they behekd the beautiful lionesses. ' we should get some of those outfits for the lionesses!' some of them said " so they can look like these girls." your girls can't match up to us though" Sima smirked.
-
 vushu set the book aside and smiled at her news inductees.  "Thank you guys for doing this for me, it increases my stature wirtgthin the tower to bring new followers into the fold. " lets get some food to celebrate shall we?
-
 mona and flash led th boys down the main walkway of the town munching thier fries' Lunch is at the reef inn" flash aid ' Dads meeting us there, and will pay for everything."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The ice cream shopkeeper cried tears of happiness for the first time in years. He smiled as he ran out of Arztberry, and the wrinkles on his face, hardened and set from years of sorrow and depression, were banished forever.

—————————

The trading card salesman went into the back and swiped his sleeping laptop’s touchpad. Opening a word document, he wrote a quick “This certifies that _________ has purchased the entirety of all the cards, in accordance with the undersigned.” “I think that’s what certificates sound like!” He announced to himself, proudly printing it, signing it, and returning to the cash register to pass the new certificate over. “Hope she holds onto that, it’s going to be a collector’s item when this game becomes the next big thing!”

—-———————-

“How do we even get to the Spire from here?” Aimee asked, as they passed the trading card store for the fifth time.

“I don’t know, why don’t you ask our idiot guide who’s supposedly leading us there?” Shakila looked at Eric pointedly.

“We have a guide? Where?” Eric looked around. “Oh, there looks like a charming fellow! I’ll stop and ask for directions.”

He ducked into a small store, currently with no customers. The shopkeeper, a sorrowful looking man, sighed at their presence. “I suppose you’re not here to purchase my service? You must be here for directions or something, like everyone else.”

Eric nodded excitedly. “We’re just trying to reach the Spire of Winter!”

“Of course...” the man sighed. “Leave the main town entrance, and it’s docked in the harbor. I’m honestly not sure how you missed it, you can see it from here.” He pointed at the ship on the horizon, and in doing so revealed an immaculately-crafted artisan glove on his right hand. “If you’re feeling at all confused, or overwhelmed, perhaps I can help. I’ve invented an amazing new wellness treatment procedure that’s been scientifically proven to aid mental health and psychological fitness. It’s revolutionary in its simplicity.”

Aimee sighed. “None of us asked. Shut up.”

“Wait, I wanna know what it is!” Eric interjected.

The salesman brought a mannequin head up from under the counter and slapped it in the face. “It’s called smackupuncture. With a carefully-placed split-second massage on your cranial pressure points, you will feel your stress melt away. It even aids in cold-nose syndrome!”

“Cold-nose Syndrome?” Shakila asked.

“That’s when your nose is cold,” the salesman explained. “The procedure causes blood to flow to your face, increasing overall facial warmth.”

Aimee scoffed. “How is smacking someone in the face supposed to reduce stress?”

“It’s a little-known technique!” The shopkeeper assured. “Passed down my family line for generations.” His eyes started watering. “Please don’t insult my life’s work. I’ve spent years practicing the craft, it’s real science.”

“How much are you charging for this ‘real science’?” Shakila asked.

“I’m so sure my customers will enjoy the procedure, that I only offer the membership program.” The shopkeeper handed her an explanatory pamphlet. “The monthly membership fee is 100 gold coins a month, and this entitles you to one session every month after the first. Membership can be suspended at the end of every calendar year, though there is a 250 gold cancellation fee.”

“What???” Aimee gasped. “What if somebody just wants to buy a single session?”

“I’m so confidant in my product that I know you’ll want to come back after you’ve had one!” The man assured. “Plus, like I mentioned, at the end of every year you can decide if you want to continue paying future membership fees.”

“You’re lying, there’s no way smackupuncture is worth it.” Aimee made to leave. “Let’s go.” Eric followed her lead, and Shakila made sure to flip the guy off as they slammed the door shut behind them.

The man started crying. “Why do they have to be so mean?” he sniffled to himself. “This is my life’s work, the pride of my family name. I spent so much money paying my way though college...I spent so many years building this store with my own two hands...maybe I should just give up...maybe my whole life has been in vain...”

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:02:26 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"All right," Oliver grinned, "I'm hungry, I can go for quite a lot," he smiled.

Ollie patted Oliver's gut. "Good thing you have that belt then," he mewed as a playful joke. But right now, a feast sounded like just what they needed.

"One of you," Tiger commanded, "Massage my foot paws. Your ruler commands it!" The normally goofy feline could play the part surprisingly convincingly. It helped this was something mostly just between him and Kitty.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Diddy cowered before Donkey Kong’s accusations. He hadn’t really stopped to think how much all this breached Donkey Kong’s trust in him. He really seemed to see this as some sort of betrayal. Diddy would have liked to blame his koopa boyfriend’s bad influence for why he had been so unusually careless with Donkey Kong’s trust, but really, was this any different from all the times he had been fooling him with Jerry before? Or the times he flat out lied to Donkey Kong to cover up why he sometimes spent entire nights away from home? Or when he had to explain away the video game noises coming from his bedroom whenever Junior decided to sneak over?
There was a lot of things he had and was still keeping from Donkey Kong.

Then, he had a sudden gut feeling. It was a very strong one. The hell with it, he thought. Why not just tell him? Why not tell him right here, right now all the things he’d sometimes tearfully rehearsed doing in his own head so many nights before?
Donkey Kong… I’m dating Bowser’s son. I’ve been lying to you all this time because I’ve been so terrified you’d never forgive me for doing that. I never wanted to have anything like this happen: please. Please forgive me. Please don’t hate me. Please say you still care about me.

But the moment passed. He kept his mouth shut. A tear fell down his face as he cursed his own bottomless, worthless cowardice. It was easy enough to explain away as him just being upset at getting such a dressing down by Donkey Kong.
In the end, with all the things in his heart he was afraid to share with the kong who was his uncle and his hero and his idol, he simply said: “I’m so sorry…” He wanted to add that it would never happen again. But he couldn’t. In truth, he was going to go right back to lying to him after this. Diddy clapped a hand over his eyes to hide his tears. He couldn’t even bare to look Dix in the eyes right now, he was so ashamed of himself. When asked about all the technical details involving money, he merely nodded to all of it.
-
Junior paced and paced.
“Uh… Mr. Rogan?” he asked, and maybe the fact that he used ‘Mr.’ was giving his desperation away a bit. He wasn’t in the best of mind to think about those kind of things. He was too scared about facing his father. “You, uh… y-you got any of that advice you wanted to tell me? To make me feel better?”
The battle hardened agent in the brown detective coat leaned forward in his chair as if he had been patiently waiting for his moment. He gave a gentle eye over to Wendy to let her know her brother was in safe hands. He opened his mouth.
“Believe in yourself,” he said.

Junior waited. Rogan didn’t elaborate. Junior leaned forward, blinking.
“Uh… is that it?” he asked. “That’s your big motivational speech? That’s what you think is good advice, old man?” he shook his head in disbelief with a jittery laugh. “I could have gotten a better answer out of a fortune cookie! ‘Believe in yourself’, c’mon. Who the hell said me not believing in myself or whatever had anything to do with this?” Given this was Rogan, he expected Rogan to level him a threat to shut his trap at that. In fact, he hoped for it. A nice, brisk threat from a tough male figure like him would surely do him more good than mealy mouthed garbage like ‘Believe in yourself’.”
But Rogan didn’t threaten him. Instead he just smiled, and lit a cigar.”
“Yeah, its thrown around a lot,” he said as he clicked his lighter on. “And I certainly drive my family crazy with that little phrase.” Junior tilted his head a little in confusion.
----------

As fate would have it—or as god would have it, to Joshua—G walked in through the doors of the Spire’s library just in time to see the two disfigured men about to start the book.
“Hey there,” he said simply, walking over and taking a seat near the two without being asked. The cold didn’t seem to bother him in the slightest, nor did Defago’s awful unmasked visage. He simply kept the same impeccably professional, distant expression as always. Distant, but not unfriendly: not unlike the Joshua and Defago themselves.
“Ahh, Curien's diary. It looks like I got here right in time.”
“That you did!” Defago chuckled, his spiky, black, otherworldy antlers swaying a bit as the canuck laugh. “That you did, m’boy! Mr. Joshua here was jus’ about to read from that there diary. I ‘spect you already know everything tha’s in it.”
G gave a polite smile. “Naturally. But it’s been awhile. I wouldn’t mind a refresher, if Joshua wouldn’t mind.”
“Not at all,” Joshua replied, opening the book."I gather that you and Rogan have already done your fair share of work in retrieving this diary in the first place, if the things I've heard about your Curien Mansion case are correct."
“I recommend starting at the middle,” G said before the burned man could start reading. “The things pertaining to the formula start to become important about midway through the diary, as I recall.”
Joshua nodded his bandaged head. The light from the library was mild, even as Defago’s monstrous presence warped the air around them into a more blueish hue. The decorative etchings on the bookshelves were exquisite. A fireplace, guarded behind plexiglass for obvious reasons, provided a small little pocket of warmth among Defago’s cold. It was a splendid little environment to hear a story. Joshua cleared his throat and read the entry he happened to open up on.
-

From the Diary of Dr. Roy Curien
October 6th, 1997

I must have been the last to hear about it—I was busy making arrangements with DBR for new incubators to be delivered to us. Sophia rushed into my office on the top floor of the mansion and bade me to hurry down into the lab below. I knew were conducting our first round of preliminary regeneration experiments, but I had never expected any of them to work, let alone work so very quickly. I raced down to see all my researchers had gathered around the screen.
The video footage from under one of the microscopes was being played back for all of us. I had to see the results with my own eyes to believe it. Some of the staff cheered: maybe I was one of them, I honestly can’t remember, I was so happy! We had done it! We did the impossible: we broke the barrier between life and death. We had resurrected cellular life.
Only two of our strains worked, but this was merely a preliminary run to start with. We hadn’t expected results this profound this quickly from ANY of our formulas. And if Types 27 and 041 could do it, so could the others.

Once some of the excitement died down, questions began to be raised: now that we knew these genes worked as lazerus vectors as recombinants—and worked damn well— what would they do in whole sequences? We will eventually need to find out. Our ultimate goal is the repair of dead tissue in a living human—recombinants have a nasty habit of, well, recombining. A serum meant to heal someone that instead completely altered their DNA would hardly be much of a cure.
Yes, we will need to see what these sequences will ultimately add up to, so we can find out how to prevent it from happening when introduced in human trials. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, however. But this is an extremely good omen. I told everyone I was buying drinks: they’ve earned it for all the hard work that’s lead us this far. I’m so happy I might just have a little myself. I have just gotten off the phone with DBR corporation, and Caleb seemed even more excited than me to hear the news.

I had been so forlorn these past few months. This whole project seemed like little more than a desperate folly. But now? Now I think we might just do it, Daniel. Maybe this isn’t just a bunch of drawn out false hope after all. Maybe fate is finally on our side.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:40:34 AM by LoyfeCycleProtector »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry, Diddy? Sorry is when you accidentally bump someone off a bridge, or burn cookies you are baking. This goes well beyond " sorry. " Donkey Kong said. " this goes to trust, honor, integrity and decency. This hurts, Diddy, it really does. You're old enough now to know better, and I would expect you to know better. You're my nephew, one day, you'll be top gorilla in the village, and the village will rely on you as they do me. But doing stuff like this, will cost you dearly. Words are words, but consequences are consequences, and for you the consequences are that you will not be racing in the Kart league this year, for the first 4 cups.   That will cost you a lot of money. but moreover its the lost of trust. I wont be able to let you go out by yourself for a long while. indeed, if you were not my nephew you'd be in even more trouble, indeed, if you were not my nephew you'd likely be spending a long stretch in kong jail, like Jerry is currently doing. and it goes well beyond me, when this gets out, the village will not trust you as much. opportunities to earn money will go to other kongs, people will narrow their faces in suspicion when they see you. All, because ' Donkey Kong sighed, "You didn't think any of this through. How this would look to me, how much it would hurt me. trust, once lost, Diddy, is very very hard to regain. It will be a long time before I can trust you Diddy, with anything. " he turned to Stripetail and motioned ' you see this wizard Diddy? i do sincerely hope that you have not lied to him as you have to me. Wizards, Diddy, can tell when you lie to them, and they don't like being played for fools. they have long memories, and powerful magic. Wizard if Diddy here lies to you, you have my permission to fire him immediately and send him back home."
-
how exactly would he pay you back without any money? Stripetail said. ' O would counsel restraint, Donkey. family is family, yes they can get on your nerves, irritate you to no end, and drive you up the wall, sometimes literally " Stripetail chuckled. ' Diddy is young, at his age, there is only the moment. one of many reasons why you don't crown teenagers as kings and queens, they just don't think the way adults do. nor do mortals, in general think, like immortals do. they don't think about the consequences there words and actions may have. yes, Diddy is sorry for whats hes done, i have no doubt, but simply saying sorry in not enough. no amount of bananas or coin will repair the breach. only time, and contrition, will do that.  now, O will show you a small taste of my power. move the kart fully into view' Donkey Kong paused and turned to push the kart  fully into view, to call it a ' mess' would be charitable.' You speak wisdom, wizard, of course that's par for the course from your kind, heed him well Diddy ' Donkey Kong said
-
 Stripetail waited for donkey Kong to move aside before gesturing ' Reparus! ' he intoned and the kart began to glow with a bright light, the kart began to rotate, and as it did, mud flew off of it, in all directions. wheels  appeared and latched themselves underneath, the window  repaired itself, the paint filed in, sparkling in Donkey Kongs collars. in a total of under 30 seconds, the kart was fully restored to its previous state, and stood, idling, its engine humming and purring, just waiting to be taken out for a lap. Donkey's mouth fell open and his eyes nearly bulged out of his skull. ' is this what the kart looked like?' Stripetail asked. Donkey Kong could only nod.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:53:54 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Shuttle)

"Sorry, I don't know anyone by that name," Ms. Swimmer said.

Mr. Bigmouth was checking transmissions from the Dreadzone. They were quite weak from where they were but there was a strong signal from a nearby planet. "Looks like we got a hit!"

Thanks to him pirating the decryption signal from "legit" sources he was able to view all Dreadzone competitions. He did ran some calculations on the signal and checked it against the maps. "I've got a signal!" he exclaimed. "Looks like it's coming from Aa'altis IV."

He watched as the transmission showed Drobot chasing after someone...or something. The quad lasers on his wings fired sporadically. Another view showed Rainbow chasing after a mage who had several imps floating alongside her.

--------------------------------

(Aa'altis IV)
Amaria swung her ice rod causing a block of ice to appear above her from thin air. She immediately grappled onto the ice block in midair and pulled herself up, halting her forward immedaitely. The blast of heat from her opponent's lasers scorched her feet. She narrowed her eyes and drew her crystal serpent. She saw the armored dragon wheel around and fire another volley of lasers at her.

She immediately released her hook and fired pink blast of magic from her weapon. She grunted in pain as one of the lasers struck her in the arm. A burst of light signaled that she landed a direct hit on Drobot but the explosive laser blast that sent her spiraling towards the grass below indicated that he wasn't through. She flared her wings and flew onto an artificial cloud island to see if there was anything she could use.
Stacy weaved back and forth between the lines of 20 mm tracer fire that stitched the sky as Rainbow tried to draw a bead on her. She had opted to simply dodge her opponent as the imps and wasps were constantly torn apart by cannon fire. Her wings glowed intensely for a moment and she suddenly shot forward. The sonic boom buffeted Rainbow for a bit, causing her to blink.

Scowling and not one to let her target get away, the living F-22 lit her afterburners and a second sonic boom sounded as she chased after her foe.

(Shuttle)
Mr. Bigmouth blinked. "Did...did that mage just go supersonic and outfly Rainbow?"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:59:11 AM by Serris »

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Diddy was surprised to see the kart restored. ‘Man, it must be nice to have magic,’ he thought to himself. All in all, he was just glad this was behind him. "Thank you, Stripetail," he said graciously.
For now.
After all, the lies wouldn’t stop with this, would they?
-
Outside , Rogan continued.
“I tell my daughter that phrase so much that she wishes I’d shut up about it some days—I know. I’m her father, and I can read her like a book, whether her lips are moving are not. Just like your father can to you. Love does that when you have kids. I swear, sometimes I wish I COULDN’T read Lisa so well as I do. Part of that is that she’s just so damn much like me it almost hurts. I can practically see every mistake and every bad decision going on in her head before she makes it, and I just wish I could make them all go away for her, because they’re the same mistakes I’d make as a young man. But I can’t. As a parent, it’s my job to let my child screw up from time to time, so she can learn from it. Just like I had to learn it.”

Rogan pointed his cigar at Junior. “Yes, you screwed up. And I can’t promise you that your dad won’t get the feeling there’s something more to all this than you and Stripetail are gonna tell him. Again, us dads just have that sense of intuition.
If you’re afraid that you’re dad is gonna see some part of you that you think you’ve kept hidden from him—some part that you think will make him suddenly not love you anymore—that’s YOU being afraid of yourself. Because I guarantee you, whether he suspects anything about you and Diddy or not, your dad has seen exactly who you are as a person this entire time, no matter what you’ve done to try to hide it from him. And he still loves you to death.”

“So yeah. I’m telling you to believe in yourself. Because you’re already all you’ll ever need to be in the eyes of your pop, kid.”
---

From the Diary of Dr. Roy Curien
December 14th, 1997

Today, our computer generated model of a full theoretical revival using the entire sequence of each independent formula strain was completed. Our lead bioinformatics technician gathered us all around to see for ourselves. I caution everyone that the results may not be pretty to look at—these were, after all, only individual pieces of the puzzle of resurrection. It turns out I had severely underestimated how profound these mutations were in full sequences.

I had seen George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead as a child in theaters. That was just before the movie ratings system came into place, and I was far too young to have seen it when I did. The nightmares I had lasted for months. The chill that ran down my spine as I saw Type 27 superimposed on the screen was the same that I had once felt seeing the cinema’s first zombies on screen all those years ago. It was monstrous looking—a misshapen, skinless behemoth of a ghoul with abberant muscle tissue growing out in odd places like snaking tentacles. Bone showed at the joints. The eyes were little more than sunken black holes with glowing red coals in the center. It’s body temperature would theoretically be an obscene 250 degrees centigrade. It was humanoid in shape, but it was no human being. Not even close. The others had similar reactions to mine—they were appalled.

Type-041 was less Romeroesque to look at, but even more misshapen. Bat tissue had been the basis of the formula, and sure enough the thing on the screen looked like a gargoyle: a man-bat hybrid with enormous wings, a beak, and elongated limbs. The fact that the model on screen still had skin seemed to make it more tolerable to the staff—there were no horrified gasps, at least. Only a cold, grim silence. It was not more tolerable to me: I thought it looked no less hideous than Type-27.

Everyone now looked to me to say something to them about these creatures that we were all now tasked with creating over the next few months. I gave my best rousing speech to them that I could manage. I felt like a fraud. I know what we’re doing is unnatural. But if Daniel is to live, this research must continue. So I said what I could to calm everyone down. Type 27 was missing its outer skin—we had always known that was likely to happen, I told them. The formula dealt with inner muscle tissue, not the dermis. While it is likely that this… thing will need to be made at some point to complete our data, it will certainly be housed in something to make it more presentable and stable during our research. And swiftly euthanized once our data has been obtained. It would be no more than a very short lived exercise in practical application, something we were to make once, briefly, to ensure that it would never accidentally be made again in our ultimate quest to save human lives.

Yes. Phrasing it that way seemed to help. After the initial shock wore off, some of them even seemed morbidly excited at the task before us. One of our techs suggested we name these creations, and I thought that was a useful idea. It would help ease some of the apprehension the staff no doubt must have felt about our work after seeing these images. It was easier to accept something if you gave it a pet name, after all. I was hoping for something that might lighten the mood for everyone, so I suggested Batman for Type 041, which got a laugh. But it was Sampson, our mortician, who came up with the winning names.
He’s a strange man. He never goes anywhere without a deck of Tarot cards with him, as if he were a gypsy fortune teller. The strangest thing is how often his little reads end up being right. Obviously it’s not real magic, but it is at least very real intuition of how he reads whatever he draws from that little deck.
Sampson whipped out that tarot set of his and drew two cards. It was two of the trumps: the Chariot, and the Hangedman. I don’t know why, but at that moment, those names seemed so fitting, as if destiny itself had suggested them. Now, it seems they’ve stuck.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:32:30 PM by LoyfeCycleProtector »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So should we head there?' Ember asked " Or do  we go on to dReadzone, and go where they send us?' Utsa paused ' it will depends on how close we are to dreadzine. I would wager they'd send us to cover low rfranking fights to start, aftr we'vbe gotten a few of those in, we can cover other fights."
-
 Magic allows you to go really fast " stitch said as he watched the mage move around in front of  Rainbow. ' Shes got strong magic"
-
 Donkey Kong nodded at Stripetail then turned to Diddy " Do everything the wizard tells you Diddy. I'll be hearing from Dixie in a week For now, keep your nose clean" Donkey Kong hopped in his kart and drove out of view . Stripetail closed the viewing portal and turned to Diddy and Dixie. ' You may go Diddy.  Its Juniors time to face his dads anger. "
_ You got off easy Diddy ' Dixie said as they went out of the room, to find Wendy , Flurrie and junior sitting on chairs ' Stripetail's ready for you Junior. " Dixie said before smiling at Wendy " I'm on Diddy watch duty going forward ' she said with a grin. ' good to see you Dixie ' Wendy smiled.
-

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:56:09 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Junior bit his lip and nodded, taking Rogan’s words to heart as best as he could. When Diddy walked out the door Junior could sense the distress in his boyfriend in wafting, empathetic waves before he even saw his tear reddened eyes. Knowing his father was likely in earshot at this point, he merely hugged Diddy, gave him quick peck on the cheek, and mouthed for Rogan to take care of him as he stepped in to Stripetail’s room. There was a portal in the middle of the room, and beyond it, the koopa king sitting on his throne. He did not look happy.
Putting his worried thoughts about Diddy aside for just a moment, he remembered Rogan’s words. And promptly ignored them.
“Heeeey dad!” Junior chuckled in an unconvincingly display of casualness. “What’s-uh… w-what’s up?”

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"'Whats up?' you go missing for  weeks on end, and your answer is" whats up?!?'" Bowser thundered ' Look, i don't care that you've lied, after all, I trained all of you to loe , con and swindle. its the gutless cowardice, misdirection, and leaving someone else to face the flames, that I don't like, Junior. This " Marcus' or whoever you pawned off on us as your double, looks like a monster from a monster movie with all the bandages hes  wearing. Rest assured I will be pumping him for information, once hes able to speak. although Kamek says that may be a few days due to the severity of the burns.  Wheres Wendy?'"
-
 here dad" Wendy said, as Fllurrie floated by to take a seat ' I managed to find him on a nearby planet. he was treasure hunting.." Wendy said ' did he find anything at least? some loot to bring back to the castle?' Bowser said ' Not yet, although he says he was getting close before I found him ' Wendy said. " hmm you two find this treasure and magically transfer it to the castle hoard once you do. Normally Junior, you'd get a cut, but since the Koopa games were a financial fiasco after your stand-in became a living torch, you forfeit any share, even if you find it first. You wont be in the karts league either for at least 6 races.
-
 If I may interject Bowser " Stripetail said " so you're the wizard my junior here has run into. You have the stink of good all over you, so i know  you, like most goddy-goody sorts, don't put much stock by lying .so, why didn't you send Junior here home once you figured out he wasn't where he was supposed to be?' Bowser demanded. "  The boy wanted adventure, beyond holding kingdoms for ransom, kidnapping princesses, and blotting out the sun ' Stripetail said." so what good would  a pint -sized koopa with a magic paintbrush do for a wizard  of any real standing?' Bowser looked intently at Stripetail  you're Stripetail right? my sources tell me you're not a wizard to cross. ' Your sources are accurate King Bowser. I'm paying Junior to run errands for me, as well as letting him sample some adventure far from home. ' Errand boy , huh? what sort of pay are we talking about?" 100000 a month" Stripetail replied. "Hmm, not bad. thats over 1 million bucks. ' Bowser stroked his chin ' Junior. I'm taking 80% of that off the top, again for you being a feckless coward. That leaves you with something like 20000 a month, or 5000 a week.  Wendy, you will keep an close eye on your brother and report back to me. "
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:00:41 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Junior bunched up his fists, anger budding up as a vein on his head. He was angry because he was ashamed. Around Diddy, he was okay with showing shame. But in front of his father? His father always taught him that shame was weakness-- confidence was power. But he was also angry because he was hurt about being called a coward by his father. He spent his whole life trying to be brave for his father, and he knew that. How angry must he be to be purposefully choosing that word?
Junior simply nodded his head in submissive agreeance to the amount of money he was to give away. Money honestly meant less to him than his father's disapproval.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:45:22 PM by LoyfeCycleProtector »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of course , father' Wendy said ' i'll send you reports as soon as i am able. Oh, ad this here is madame flurrie, my kart partner for this season . " Bowser looked closely a the wind spirit. ' Flurrie? madame flurrie? THE madame Flurrie! Ho Ho! I've got most of her stage plays, including the special edition of a Mid-Winter's Days Nap!. I've had the troops perform it for me, but they just dont have the acting range. Wendy, what did you steal from her to get her to agree to that/ Bowser chortled'

this time, nothing, dad" Wendy said ' she wanted to race and participate to blowing the competition off course, in her case, literally ' Wendy said. " Always nice to meet a fan, your majesty. i remember you from that performance in Rogueport' flurrie said. "excellent!' Bowser beamed. ' you girls are going to rack up a lot of wins this year, and in doing so, will make me a mint as well. " yes, i believe it was 20%' Flurrie said

' fine fine. Any celebrations you girls have planned for your numerous wins?'Bowser grinned. Well, we're still working on some ideas' Wendy said. "we may just settle for blowing kisses to the crowd, or something. " Wendy blushed. ' Or me blowing wendy into the air, to wave at the crowd ' flurrie said ' we're still working in it. " i;m sure you'll come up with something befitting a Koopa. for now I've got to finish scolding Junior."
 I have a means to heal Marcus " stripetail injected  summoning a red bottle out of midair ' that will heal his injuries in about an hours time. dont give him  too much though, or you'll have.. side effects, like him becoming glow in the dark. " stripetail passed the potion to Bowser through the portal. " A glow in the dark koopa, eh/ that might actually be useful. Would make finding my way to the king koopas room at night a lot easier" Bowser said. " Do you have anything else to say in your defense , Junior?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Dreadzone)

Rainbow proved herself to be as fast as the mage and soon caught up to her. Stacy immediately dropped to the ground right below the living F-22. The plane wheeled around and dropped a bomb right where Stacy was located.

----------------

Drobot was engaged in a dogfight with Amaria. The mage had switched to razorblade typhoon instead of the crystal serpent. The dragon dropped low into a stand of trees to try and evade the homing disks of water.

Amaria slowly flew around the trees. She rocketed upwards as several blade gears launched from Drobot flew straight at her. The projectiles scraped her feet but she quickly switched over to the crystal serpent and bombarded the small forest. Explosions of pink magic blossomed forth from the forest as she fired bolt after bolt.

Of course, all the action was caught on camera and transmitted to the Dreadzone's fans.

----------------

(Shuttle)

As the shuttle approached the Dreadzone, Vox himself hailed the shuttle. "Greetings, Dramosians! I, Gleeman Vox humbly welcome you to the Dreadzone, home of Polaris Galaxy's ultimate fights! No rules, no safety, just pure, adrenaline pumping action! I presume you have your press passes ready?"

The pilot sent over the falsified information and the shuttle was escorted to a landing bay that was packed with spacecraft from all across the galaxy. Many of them bore official press or even government markings.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 utsa led the group out of the shuttle, each person transformed to look to like dramosians. nick was unsteady on his feet, not used to being a dragon yet " just be calm er-Marnos, just stick by drigona there' nick said as he folowed drigona out  Tigeress was Tugra, Cynder-W cili cynder-S  Sura, dulcy and samia were Duli and Samoa Jing King was Jully.  an escort guided the group down the ramp, which was ornate and had a view of surrounding planets.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: