The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Theory on Dinah and Dana

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was reading a post that Malte put up and it kind of made me want to talk about these two and my theory on exactly who they are, where they come from and what happened to them.

Now, we only know them from LBT 6: The Secret of Saurus Rock.  After all that, they just seemed to disappear without even a goodbye.  Apparently, they also appeared without a hello.  They just mysteriously entered and exited with this whole thing.

Now, seeing as how they basically look nothing like Cera, I'm going to say that Dinah and Dana are definately someone else's children.  As for whose, I have now come to the theory that it is someone Topsy is actually good friends with.  Such good friends, that he's like family. (That was the result of my older brother and one of his friends.)

However, this gives me a concern about things.  If he is good friends with the parents, why is Topsy seen as a grandpa by Dinah and Dana and not something like an uncle.  In fact, why is Cera seen as an aunt to those two?  Maybe he's good friends with the parent's parents.  Then again, if that were the case, I highly question Topsy's age. :P: (Is he really old enough to be a grandpa?)

I'm just not sure how my theory really works on this one.  Just know that in the end, I think that Topsy is good friends with the parents of Dinah and Dana and offered to look after them for a bit.  I really don't want to go into so many questions right now. :p

What do you guys think? :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I tend to think of the two as adopted. The way to the Great Valley is dangerous and Spike is probably not the only one never to get to know his real parents. Dinah's and Dana's parents may have belonged to a migrating herd with nobody taking care of them after their parents died shortly before reaching the Great Valley and shortly after the twin's hatching. An adoption would explain why Topsy is named a grandpa rather than an uncle. The visible age difference between Cera and the twins also explains why Tops would be a grandpa rather than a daddy. Such a total adoption could "end" only in case the real parents somehow survived after all, and even in this case this wouldn't necessarily lead to the twins' leaving the family.
The sad truth is that the twins didn't fit into the producers' concept anymore when Tria and Tricia came along. So they were just dropped without any explanation whatsoever. I'm afraid an airtight explanation will be just as impossible as in case of the plotholes of LBT 10. Regretably Mr. Grosvenor doesn't care much about continuency :(

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i think cera is called auntie for nothing you know. i mean she is a nice and dinah and dana called that an aunt got it?