The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Howdy

Kit12 · 26 · 2296

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hi. Well you're possibly old Youtube link works since that's how I found this wonderful looking site :) I look forward to posting and getting to know all of you all better.

BTW, about role play stuff, where does one put OC character profiles for approval for the role plays and such? Just curious.

On that note, I was looking at the role plays and, GVG? Did I find you again?! Yeah, it's me FY from the fanfiction forum :D In case my name didn't give me away in a way ;)

Anyway, I think I already said hi to everyone so, Hi again :D

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.

There are several threads, I think, to post oc characters.  I just put mine in the pure lbt one, my other rp characters I make up for the rp, like The Tourist and others.  I find which char goes on which thread very confusing.  & It may be best to pm the gm before playing the character,and the chars are not approved there, I don't think they are.  Some posted chars are never rped.    

What sorts of rp do you prefer?

PURE LBT char thread, for lbt type chars with no powers ect that could fit into the lbt movies or tv series with no adjustment.  Though some may have put in some with powers here.    http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=567.80

THis one seems to be anything goes.  http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=888.20

there was another anything goes char post thread but I can't find it at the moment.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for typing out all that to explain the different types of role plays. Yeah, I was poking my nose around a bit looking at the threads and I think right now I'm interested in the stricts LBT type role plays.

Another quick question that's kind of self explanatory but I'm just double checking. The GM would be whoever originally started the particular thread I'm trying to join? Or do you mean an overall Mod GM for any and all such questions?

I would assume the first, but like I said, just checking.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi Kit and welcome with us :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own  :yes

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hello and welcome to the GOF.  You seem ready to jump in there.  I'm sure you'll have a great time. :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The GM Is usually whoever starts the rp thread.  There is often a discussion thread in the discussion section that has info of the rp or folks can ask questions about the rp without having to do a lot of (OOC: ...) type of stuff.  

You have to be careful, some rp's in the Land Before Time RPG may allow magic or other things, but you can easily ask about that in the discussion thread, or if there is none or you can't find one you can ask the gm by pm.  Hope you have fun rping.  

Do you prefer doing fc's, or your own original characters or a mix of the 2, or depends?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Sableye

• Spike
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community! Have a great time here. :)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Welcome with us :) have a nice time here :wave

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 28 2009 on  07:12 AM
Do you prefer doing fc's, or your own original characters or a mix of the 2, or depends?
By fc do you mean fan character? What I get your asking is do I prefer working with movie characters or just original or a mix of those?

Off that question, I'd say a mix most times. I don't want to cut out the wonderful movie characters or anything :D

Well, you all seem very nice so maybe I should get over a bit of the timidity and get my feet wet already :) Sorry for the over caution, I've made jumping in mistakes on other forums and stuff.

Oh, and thanks for all the warm welcomes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dont worry about that, I was very shy when I first joined up here. Just post on your own speed and try to feel comfortable :)

It's good to be cautious at times.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Also belated Hey there! Welcome around!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello Kit,
A warm welcome to the Gang of Five!  :wave
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five! :wave

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And welcome to the forum!
 I hope you'll have a great stay here, so see you around! :DD .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry for the confusion.  By FC I mean Feature Character, one seen on the movies or tv series.  OC is for Original Character, a fan made one.  

Feel free to look over the rp threads, and the discussion threads and to ask any questions you have in the discussion threads or pm the gm.  If you want ot get your feet wet you can try a slower rp, or one that seems especially interesting and try 1 of your characters.  To see how you'd like rping, then maybe add the other a bit later in the rp when you feel comfortable.  Them maybe try a second rp when you feel comfortable doing so, & so on.