The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Temeraire World Map

Almaron · 11 · 1870

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Anyone here read the Temeraire book series? I do the odd bit of work for the Wiki every now and then, and I recently decided to try and fix up my horrendously inaccurate map of the world as it appears in the series for people who aren't familiar with geographic history.

The series takes place in an Alternate Universe - Napoleonic Wars with sentient dragons acting as an Air Force. I've probably made a few mistakes, but have a look anyway. Several of these will be fixed shortly, as it notes on the page.

Temeraire World Map

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I liked to read I'd read the series but I don't.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^  :bang

I read a bit of the first book in the public library. It was interesting. Thanks for reminding me about it. Now going over to Amazon.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The only book series I read was the Harry Potter that is it.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Almaron,Sep 12 2011 on  01:50 AM
Get thee to a Library!
Immediately!  :lol:
Just kidding  :D
I think the plot of this series is interesting.  Can't wait for my books to get here.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
There's also several short stories; two of them are in anthologies, but one of them's on the official website - it's called Feast Or Famine, and it details Temeraire and Maximus trying to get breakfast one morning.

Shame the Wiki's offline right now; there's plenty that needs to be updated.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 12 2011 on  12:17 AM
If I liked to read I'd read the series but I don't.
Have you even given Temeraire a try? The vibe I'm getting is that you haven't even read one page. Don't knock it until you try it.

As for me, I only have the first book and I haven't read it yet. Not because I don't want to; I'm just been very lazy with reading for quite some time now. There's hardly any alone time for me, and when there is, it's when I'm getting tired.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ He didn't say he didn't like the series. Just that he doesn't like to read. My books should be in tomorrow. 1-5. I realize now there is a 6th book.  :slap

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
On the topic of Temeraire, I also drew this recently; a family tree for several significant characters in the series who will not be named as it's a SPOILER for the second book!

Have a look if you want, but don't read it if you haven't read the first or second books! Family Tree

On another note, the Temeraire Wiki appears to be back online! Hoorah!