The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My dog died...

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
good news guys. Rhyse and Prince (the two last puppies that are sick) have finaly gotten better. Rhyse needs a little more time to recover. she hasn't eaten in so long because of the Parvo causes a dog to loose its appitite. all she had lately is water. shes eating solid food now though. been getting better sence last night. shes eaten alot. as well as sleeping alot. Prince is about I would say much better then his sister at the moment. but both appear to be out of the woods so to speak. We're giving Rhyse some vitemins to help her get stronger. also to help her eat more.

they realy need to figure out how to make a cure for that Parvovirus.

just to be helpful, incase any of you guys have a dog. heres some infomation I know about the virus...

BEWARE! Parvovirus can infect cats as well. its a diffrent version of Parvo it is as equily deadly to kittens.

if your worried your pet has Parvo heres what you should keep an eye out for... vomiting, loss of appitite, diarea, and inactivity.

the most likely to be infected is Puppies and/or Kittens. sence their emmune system aren't fully develouped. it can and will infect adult dogs. but its less likely to get them. if your dog or cat is pregnant go have her vaccinated so the babies don't get transmitted with it.

Parvo doesn't effect humans. so you don't have to worry about yourself getting it from your dog or cat.

there is NO cure for it as of yet. it can only be treated until it is either fought off or.... well. it kills your pet to be blunt. this virus was discovered in 1978. its pretty hard to kill. and is best that your pet is taken to the vet as soon as the signs are noticed.

finaly, its best to have your puppie or kitten vaccenated every so often. ask your vet for the infomation you need on the virus.