The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I'm not that thrilled about NBC and ABC TV Stations.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, for some time, I was watching a few shows on networks ABC and NBC.  However, they recently changed their station in my home town, so I had to re-scan my TV antenna.  I have now lost BOTH of those stations. (Along with many others I really didn't care about.) This forced me to download their Online Versions.

I'd say the biggest sacrifice I've had to make now is waiting until the next day to watch the shows rather than watching them Live.  Of course there's Ads.  I can tolerate Ads to a degree, but it seems even my AdBlocker doesn't always work for these two.  It doesn't skip every ad when it's on.  I even made sure it was fully updated. (Heck, they might even block you from viewing all together if they detect it.)

Now, for the most part they work very well on my Laptop.  My XBox One only got NBC.  PS4 had nothing. (Add yet another reason to my "Reasons I'm selling my PS4 soon" list.) My Smart TV requires me to have certain cable/satellite TV Subscriptions to work.

So that's my situation now.  If FOX follows up soon, my antenna will be useless.  We'll see what happens.

With the way things are now, this will force some plans I had to actually happen now.  A new custom-made 4K computer might be in my future soon.  I'll discuss my plans in another topic.

For now, that's the way things are.  I'll need to adjust and see what happens.

See ya later! :wave
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:15:24 AM by pokeplayer984 »