The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

To Tread Upon Fields Afar (Updated)

Fyn16 · 82 · 9376

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
So, a little update here.

As most of you know, I've been writing quite a bit of "irl" fiction, or fiction that I can use to further my writing career outside of the fandom. As a result, this story has fallen to the wayside. I haven't lost interest, but it's clear that I have to shift my attention away for a while. As a result, I think I'll have to announce that I'm once more going on hiatus. I intend to make the most of this hiatus, however, by taking a different approach to this story until book IV.

There are two very distinct storylines right now, this much is clear, and I don't feel right jumping between the storylines at will. I'm currently toying with the idea of dividing the latter half of Book III into two distinct books, each one focusing on either Zaura's or Fyn's storylines. If I do this, there's a good chance I may write through the entirety of each book before posting it in individual chapters. I haven't decided if I will fully embrace this approach or not, but in either case, it will mean that I will be going off the grid for a while.

Thanks to all of you for your patience and loyal readership. I'll see you around, and I'll be sure to keep you posted as I move forward!

-Miles

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you for the update and I certainly understand about your real-life obligations coming first as a priority.  :yes The issue of how to deal with multiple storylines occurring simultaneously is indeed a tricky problem, and I have encountered similar issues in "Mender's Tale".  Historian1912 and I have finally settled on an approach which focuses on one aspect (the present story) and incorporates the past scenes in set chunks, but it is still not a perfect solution.  Regardless of what you settle on for dealing with the multiple plotlines, I certainly look forward to the continuation of the story. :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.