The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Different titles and covers of LBT 10

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
Did you realize there are two different titles for the land before time 10? It was first released as "The Great Longneck Migration". Meanwhile however it is often called just "The Great Migration" (dropping the longneck). I recall that the first source about LBT 10 we ever had also named it simply "The Great Migration". There are also two slightly different cover versions. The differences are not so distinct as in case of LBT 3 and other LBT movies with different covers. The motives are the same, but the cover with the long title "The Great Longneck Migration" (it can be looked at at http://www.landbeforetime.com/dino_movies.html has a purple sky in the background, a thin river with a waterfall on the right.
The cover with the shortened title "The Great Migration" (to be found for example at http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdGrpDept.as...-all/did-7936/) has a blue sky in the background, a broader river, no waterfall and a different arrangement of longnecks in the background. I wonder if the cover versions depend on the country. The first cover version (which I consider the better of the two) was for example on the US version of the DvD while the Australian and German DvDs feature the second version.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Funnily enough, I actually realised that but it sorta comes second nature for me to have different regional releases with different covers and even possible adapted title names. It's probably a little less likely for movies than for say video games. E.g. the game Resident Evil is the European name but in Japan (where it is initially released) it's called Biohazard. It's exactly the same but just a different title. Sometimes, between continental companies under the same name, one place can actually copyright and register the name and that forces other places outside that continent, still under the same company name, to adapt their product's title.

Also, with the slight differences, it's a marketing scheme that gives a release location (be it Europe, US, Asia etc.) a sense of receiving a specially adapted version of the same thing. If you match up the LBT covers from the States to some of the European covers, you'll find they are different. It also gives a sense of differeniation (if that's spelt right :unsure: ) between release regions. I prefer it this way really :) Makes you feel speical LOL :lol  ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Jason's nailed it....different regions will get different designs.  Many of Disney's releases have the same story....US and Europe covers will be different most of the time.