The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species 2.0?

rhombus · 261 · 39767

Poll

Which of these options do you favor?

Everyone coincidentally—probably because of the multiple screams—conjugate together at Chomper's sleeping spot (where Ruby has just noticed Chomper) and meet each other for the first time there. This is similar to the Seven Hunters meetup.
1 (16.7%)
A bunch of small initial meetups first (eg. Ducky with Petrie, etc) that will eventually result in every separate group of the gang coming together after the pairs/threes understand their scenario.
1 (16.7%)
Mother flyer is convinced of Petrie's transformation and this eventually leads her to helping to find the groups of changed children.
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 20, 2019, 01:55:47 PM

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, I would be willing to take over Littlefoot for now at least. If the situation changes then I will of course step down if need be. For the OCs, I have begun to think them a little bit today. I don't know what plans StardustSoldier has, but we could maybe perhaps even work something out together? Just a suggestion, of course, if he is interested. Btw, I haven't looked through this entire roleplay yet, but do you have a clear plan about how the RP is going to play out?

We plan on playing out the roleplay and letting it (and the characters) develop as there may, but adhering to this basic format in the plot and theme:

Due to the coming of the Time of Great Growing (the gangs are now the equivalent of preteens) the gang begins to grow apart.  Cera begins to once more take on the antics of an arrogant threehorn as she struggles to maintain status in a herd based upon dominance; Littlefoot begins to focus on his duties as a future potential herd leader and considers joining with Bron’s herd; Ducky and Petrie begin to grow apart as Petrie begins to take on the solitary mannerisms of a flyer male and Ducky, being a swimmer, remains of a more family-oriented mindset; and Ruby and Chomper out of necessity begin to plan for their eventual departure from the valley.  Chomper’s eventual departure and need to become a ‘true sharptooth’ obviously creates some misgivings between the purple sharptooth and the longneck.  This eventually culminates in a fight (which we will begin the RP by playing out) which is hinted at not being an isolated incident.

The night of the latest fight they are all greeted by a weird sleep story that hints at something significant.  They see an area of lowlands with a mountain range in the distance - mountains that they do not recognize - and hungry sharpteeth chasing after desperate leaf-eaters.  A ghostly voice tells them some variant of “The broken band has been broken by pride, now it shall be united by being broken.  Go forth to this broken land… and protect the land you love.” they then wake up thinking that the sleep story is nonsense.  That is until they look at their respective bodies…

I think the gang will be discovered in the morning upon waking, but the valley will not chase them as in the previous roleplays as many of them are still leaf-eaters and can explain things before it gets too ugly.  I think the ‘valley knowing’ possibility would allow for some interesting interactions before they go forth on their quest.  I do not think that their parents will stop such a quest as the freaked out valley would want them gone anyway out of fear that the ‘curse’ or ‘sickness’ might spread.  This would also allow Guido (and perhaps a few others) to go with them as the new flyers will need training.

Though they have no guarantees that they will return to their original forms they all have a feeling that once the quest is completed that they can return to what they once were.  Dreams, much like the original one, call to them to go to a particular place.  All of them hope that they can return to as they once were.

It will be a journey to restore the friendship that was forged once long ago.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@DarkWolf91 @vonboy @Sovereign @OwlsCantRead @jassy @Anagnos

Okay, everyone, I think it is time to describe our characters going to sleep now.  Do you think we should describe their dream (as mentioned in the plot summary) in the same post, or do you think we should break it up so that we each have separate entries showing our characters going to sleep (and their thoughts) and then another with their dream sequence? For whatever it is worth, if there are no objections, I think I would favor making posts that describe our characters' thoughts before sleep and also their dreams in the same post.  Then the aftermath could be described once everyone has made their character's sleep story entry.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I completely second that idea. Splitting those sequences to two posts would take a lot of time and it certainly is time for us to get to the main part of this rp. I'll try to get my post done soon enough.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll see if I can get a post done while I am on vacation though my phone time is usually in the evening and I always end up drunk  :PAli

I'll try not to be too late though, I'll be back in about a week  ;)Cera
Inactive, probably forever.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Yeah it sounds great! I'll try to get a post up by the weekend, hopefully.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds good. I hope that I can get mine up pretty soon. Dealing with motivation when you just don't have it is kind of a bummer. :sducky

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Sounds good to me! Will get started on a post as soon as I can :D

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@DarkWolf91 @vonboy @Ducky123

It has been quite awhile. We need to finish up the dream and transformation posts.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm interested in playing. Are there any open character slots?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
did anyone take Littlefoot from LF505? I honestly don't remember lol. I should also post I guess. I'll see what I can do...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have taken over Littlefoot from 505 at least for the time being, the situation will change if he ever returns, however.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If Anagnos is currently doing Littlefoot, are there any other characters I could play? And/or is there someone who used to participate in the thread who isn't active right now that I could take over for?

Also, how does the turn order work? What determines who needs to post next?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just new to this is all.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 01:11:51 AM by StardustSoldier »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can try to answer them to the best of my ability for you, they might not be up to date, but you'll get the general idea of how things work. I don't think that anyone else here isn't active right now, but jassy apparently was going to play part in this roleplay and I have no clue if she still wants a part in it, but there was a page about who was playing who somewhere around here. And as for the turns in posting... I really think that depends on the individual, but when a new scene must be played out everyone is expected to write about that. I don't think that in which formation it's supposed to play out or if there even is anything like that, but that's how I have managed thus far and the staff will no doubt help you with any other questions. I know rhombus will, that's a fact! :^^spike

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you.

@rhombus: Are there any character roles I can take over for? And/or could a new one be added? I'm anxious to get started, but I'm just not really sure where to jump in.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
About turn order, I think it is mostly random as long as people wait to advance the plot until everyone involved in the scene had a chance to react.

As for discussion of how the scenes should play out, I think we are commonly using a middle path between planning it well and allowing everyone to write freely. We basically just discuss the rough outline and let the rest play out. Of course when there are character interactions sometimes we try to keep the others informed of our plans and ideas.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you.

@rhombus: Are there any character roles I can take over for? And/or could a new one be added? I'm anxious to get started, but I'm just not really sure where to jump in.

@StardustSoldier

As of right now, the list of active characters can be found here: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16174.msg473378#msg473378

It looks like the only available characters at the moment are some that may be used in the future (Shorty, Bron, Ali, Rhett, etc.) but are not in the valley currently. That being said, I am currently doing two main characters (Ruby and Petrie's mother) so if you wanted Petrie's mother I could give you her as a character.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@rhombus: Yes please. I would like to have the role of Petrie's mother.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@rhombus: Yes please. I would like to have the role of Petrie's mother.

@StardustSoldier Excellent! You now have her role. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm busy finishing up a novella project for a client that's due next week. But once that's done, then I'll write my first post for this RP. Project finished!

Update: So I spoke with rhombus, and it appears that we are still waiting for Ducky and vonboy to write their dream sequences, but otherwise I'm ready anytime.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:05:16 AM by StardustSoldier »