The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Japanese Land Before Time

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
guess who's baaaaack, this loser, this time 'round with Journey to the Big Water!

i actually had to fight for this one in an auction surprisingly, if i wasn't already so deep into my mission i maybe would've gave up on it. what's rewarding though is getting thank you messages and sweet Japanese comments. it must feel really nice to listen to these songs way back in their childhood, 'specially if it's on the more obscure side because it's western animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4nTSMywiog...dYebBmh3v6mIHVH here's the playlist starting from the newest songs uploaded, the videos including footage will again be uploaded to dropbox in just a sec, the previous links posted should work (edit: more like an hour or two because my internet sucks today)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really like these dubs! The Japanese voices are almost as good as the original ones and it's very impressive how well they've managed to cast new voice actors who can mimic the good, coherent singing voices of LBT. I truly appreciate the job you're doing and I'd definitely want to hear the rest of the songs as well! :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Is there any chance you'd be able to translate the songs' lyrics to English? Even if the message stays roughly the same, it's interesting to compare how different countries translate the songs to fit their own language. :)

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Is there any chance you'd be able to translate the songs' lyrics to English? Even if the message stays roughly the same, it's interesting to compare how different countries translate the songs to fit their own language. smile.gif
whoops! sorry Sovereign for not replying a month ago, I would really love to translate the songs but my Japanese knowledge is still pretty inadequate. it is something I hope to brush up on though and these films could actually help with that in the future. if I get to that I'll definitely post translations here.

Also, I have returned, because I did it paisanos, I have all the films dubbed into Japanese (not including 12 or 13, which do not have dubs, that's a bummer.) the latest additions are Big Freeze and Invasion of the Tinysauruses!https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2088...06144/image.jpg (also, my dumb brain thought it had checked Japanese Wikipedia for info on the films a while ago but I guess I failed to realise the films have individual pages, those of which confirm that Otani Ikue did indeed voice Chomper in the 5th film! hooray)

in a couple hours I will again have posted the final songs I can onto YouTube and Dropbox. it's been great to have finally seen these dubs which I've been so curious about for years, and I'm super happy to have shared the songs to other curious fans and even those who grew up with them. I feel accomplished, at least at something!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: ChaoticPochi,Nov 1 2017 on  10:36 AM
smile.gif
whoops! sorry Sovereign for not replying a month ago, I would really love to translate the songs but my Japanese knowledge is still pretty inadequate. it is something I hope to brush up on though and these films could actually help with that in the future. if I get to that I'll definitely post translations here.

Also, I have returned, because I did it paisanos, I have all the films dubbed into Japanese (not including 12 or 13, which do not have dubs, that's a bummer.) the latest additions are Big Freeze and Invasion of the Tinysauruses!https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2088...06144/image.jpg (also, my dumb brain thought it had checked Japanese Wikipedia for info on the films a while ago but I guess I failed to realise the films have individual pages, those of which confirm that Otani Ikue did indeed voice Chomper in the 5th film! hooray)

in a couple hours I will again have posted the final songs I can onto YouTube and Dropbox. it's been great to have finally seen these dubs which I've been so curious about for years, and I'm super happy to have shared the songs to other curious fans and even those who grew up with them. I feel accomplished, at least at something! [/QUOTE]
 Oh no japnese dub of the 12th movie  :(petrie  Damn....... It's my 3rd favourite of the movies.
I really wanted to hear how Cera's/ Ash/ Satoshi's VA  would sing Thing change, and hear how Tricia  would sound in Japanese.  

Hmmm Yeah I don't think I'll be checking out the Japanese dubs of the 8th and 11th movie songs. ( LBT 8 and 11 are 2 of my least favourite films in the whole franchise next to 6) Especially not the mad song as I absolutely hate that song, I feel embarrassed for Rica Matsumoto having to sing that crap as well as Satomi Korogi Ducky/ Togepi's VA....
Hell I feel embarrassed for their original English VA's singing it

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I uploaded the recent videos to Dropbox but it's likely in the future I'll have to delete them for taking up the little space I have there, MEGA has no embedded player but at least I have a better storage size over there:https://mega.nz/#F!KFkwxQSL!RY1YpcGENSQDoxFbazhciA
Stoopid Stompers is literally just credit role but it's in there anyway so hhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLecZ...dYebBmh3v6mIHVH it's all wrapped up, finally. the last song I was really looking forward to was The Mad Song purely for Rica's performance but ahh, the other songs were alright too. If Only I kinda liked a little more than usual.

but it's 5am and i should probably hit the hay buh-bye

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll look forward to seeing the translations if you'll ever do them! :) For now, thank you so much for downloading these songs! These dubs were truly awesome to hear! :DD

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
LOL, I can just imagine Grandpa and Grandma Longneck calling Littlefoot "Littlefoot-chan" and so on and so forth. It's just a very outlandish thought to me, and that's coming from someone who's very appreciative of Japanese culture.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Hi there! I recently have seen your uploads on youtube on the Japanese Land Before Time, and I was really surprised that I'd actually get to hear the voice actors for this version. Additionally, I came across your videos because in the first place I was searching the song "Always There" least, trying to find an instrumental version-- which doesn't exist.

I have a bit of skill with Adobe Audition and Audacity with regards to removing the vocals, so sometimes I'd try it, and I figured out that this japanese version can be turned into a fairly okay instrumental version (these things aren't really perfect unless I'm an actual pro, but I doubt it can be perfect eitherway). "Always There" has always been one of my very favorite songs in the LBT series, that's why I tried to fiddle with that one first to make it instrumental.

Oh additionally, the original English version of "Always There" wasn't that good when I try to make it instrumental, the vocals were still quite audible.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:30:53 PM by PanickyPetrie14 »

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: PanickyPetrie14 on Nov 30 2017, 06:29:05 PM
Hi there! I recently have seen your uploads on youtube on the Japanese Land Before Time, and I was really surprised that I'd actually get to hear the voice actors for this version. Additionally, I came across your videos because in the first place I was searching the song "Always There" least, trying to find an instrumental version-- which doesn't exist.

I have a bit of skill with Adobe Audition and Audacity with regards to removing the vocals, so sometimes I'd try it, and I figured out that this japanese version can be turned into a fairly okay instrumental version (these things aren't really perfect unless I'm an actual pro, but I doubt it can be perfect eitherway). "Always There" has always been one of my very favorite songs in the LBT series, that's why I tried to fiddle with that one first to make it instrumental.

Oh additionally, the original English version of "Always There" wasn't that good when I try to make it instrumental, the vocals were still quite audible.
Oh that's awesome! i've always wanted instrumentals of the songs and i'm honestly surprised they aren't officially released, considering karaoke VHS' were a thing you'd think they'd release instrumentals to co-exist with those releases. good luck with your work!

Also heyo, a youtube user took notice that i forgot to include the Ducky and Petrie duet version of Creepy Crawlies SO THAT'S INCLUDED NOW WHOOPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nhZaRaYVV0

also i'm probably done hosting the raws on Dropbox since it's getting cluttered up but the Mega link is now updated! https://mega.nz/#F!KFkwxQSL!RY1YpcGENSQDoxFbazhciA