The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

PokÈmon Sun And Moon

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With the new PokÈmon games coming out soon I was just wondering if anyone is gonna get these games?

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm definitely getting them for sure. I'll get Sun first, then get Moon for Christmas.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I"m probably getting moon, as a co-worker friend of mine is getting sun.

I also got the original red on virtual console, and need to get through that game, and catch all the pokemon in it, so I can transfer them to moon. (Love that they put that feature in for those rereleased originals. :D)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am definitely looking forward to Sun and Moon.  I'll be getting Sun and my starter will be the fire-type, Litten. (That little cat was love at first sight for me, and it's fully evolved form looks badass!)

However, I am worried about how the competitive scene will play out.  I saw the following video and my jaw dropped at some of the new reveals.

It talks about the effects of the Z-crystal.  First understand that like a Mega Stone, it takes up the item slot of your Pokemon.  However, you can only use the effect once per battle.  That being known, here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3OGtLd_Kvw

Z-move Belly Drum heals you?  Did we forget how powerful Belly Drum makes your Pokemon and why it NEEDS the 50% health loss?  That will not be welcome in the competitive scene.  I can definitely see Z-move Belly Drum getting banned.

It seems Gamefreak found a way to break the game.  Still will have a fun time, but don't expect me on the competitive scene.

Also, I'll get Moon later and use Popplio in that version.  It doesn't get enough love.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, the games are a day away for the US and news has been breaking out constantly.  Rumored Leaks have been made before, but now we have information that is official from Serebii, who started given information from a REAL copy of the game it got in Japan.  Here's the Pokemon thus far.

New Pokemon -http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon.shtml

Alola Form Pokemon -http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/alolaforms.shtml

From these pages, I've been able to build my team.  Not the best team around, but at least I'll be comfortable with it until January comes and we can transfer our Pokemon from older games then.

Well, can't wait for tomorrow, myself!

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With my vacation check I'm running over and gonna buy either Moon Luna or Celestia Sun and a new 2DS

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just picked up Sun. Great game so far, 6 hours in!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
My husband and I have been playing all weekend and neglecting our other responsibilities :D He got sun, I got moon. Enjoying it so far! Probably won't get around to beating it for another week or so, though.

I started with Popplio, because I absolutely love Primarina's thoroughly feminine design with an 87.5% chance of being male :p

... I named him Ursula  :lol

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I need to start playing it sounds really fun

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, there's been quite a few differences in this game.  I'll list them in spoilers.

Aside from the new looking Pokemon, this game is different as you don't battle Pokemon Gyms.  Instead, you are treated to trials with very powerful Pokemon called Totem Pokemon.  These Totem Pokemon aren't just powered up, but also have the ability to call for help when in trouble.

When you win, you get a special Z-crystal, which can be used to launch a powerful attack that can be used only once per battle.  So use it wisely.

Finally, there's the feature of Ride Pokemon, each with their own abilities, which seemed to have replaced HM Moves completely.  Yes, we even get a Pokemon (Lapras in this case.) to ferry us across the water.

It's all very interesting and I'll see how I feel about it when I'm done.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've seen a few pictures the game looks good so far

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Been really enjoying Moon so far. I've only just beaten the first trial (Basically the first gym, but it's kinda different)m but I'm surprised at the large variety of Pokemon I'm running into in the first few areas/routes of the game. Been running into pokemon like Growlith and Smeargle, which would have normally been more rarer pokemon only found in the midgame areas.

Loving the little QOL things they've added in, like getting experience for pokemon that you catch, where you only got xp before from knocking them out.

I'll probably think of some other th9ings to say later. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The graphics are. Try cool and awesome I liked the features it has

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Man, Nintendo is putting their foot down on hacked Pokemon for this generation.  If you send a hacked Pokemon over GTS (Global Trade Service, which makes you give a Pokemon to anyone anywhere in the world.) your entire console gets banned from the service.  In some cases, it's a permaban.  Much of the Pokemon Community is upset at this, but what one must understand is that they have lost sight as to what is legal and what is not.  Let me show you below their definitions.

-----------------

What makes a Pokemon legit?

A legit Pokemon is one that is obtained in the physical game and not manipulated in any way. This is the first Zigzagoon you catch from the grass, the shiny you chain fish for, the 6 IV Honedge you hatch, and the legendary Kyogre you soft reset for good IVs.

There is a common misconception that a Pokemon having the pentagon on its summary page means that it is legit. This is false. The pentagon simply indicates that the Pokemon was obtained in gen 6. Pokemon transferred via Pokebank from previous gens will not have the pentagon.

What makes a Pokemon legal?

A legal Pokemon is a Pokemon that is obtained in the physical game and manipulated using outside sources or a Pokemon that is created using outside sources to simulate a Pokemon that is obtained in game. This includes a Pokemon whose IVs you manipulate with Powersaves, a Pokemon you create with Pokegen, and a wild shiny you encounter with RNG abuse.

What makes a Pokemon illegal?

An illegal Pokemon is one that does not simulate Pokemon that you can obtain in the game. This is your 500 IV Arceus, Magikarp with Doom Desire, or shiny Meloetta. You will know that it is illegal because you cannot trade it or use it in online battles.

----------------

Okay, first off, they have what was seen as "legal" or "legit" backwards.  A LEGAL Pokemon is one you get normally.  However, a LEGIT one is the one you modify with a cheat device or other outside source, but still have what looks LEGAL.

Anyways, the bottom line here is that they have lost sight as to what makes a Pokemon Legal or not Legal in the first place.  As far as Nintendo is concerned, if you modify it was a cheat device or other outside source, you get banned, end of discussion.

This sort of thing... I support it.  It's been a long time coming, but I knew this would happen sooner or later.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Been playing my game and it's fun. I collected all the element Z gems and I'm Training and leveling up my team to fight Lillies and Gladions mother now in the second fight

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
So right now I got to the Battle Tree and I had to make a choice between getting a Lucarionite for future plans or getting Pinsirite. I chose the former because due to how easy the Battle Tree was for me that getting the BP I need for the Pinsirite would be no problem at all.

Xurkitree gets the job done too well to the point Tail Glow is hardly needed on this thing...

Either way I'm enjoying Sun and Moon so far, though I'm actually quite surprised with how overpowered Ash-Greninja is turning out to be so far. It will demolish anything that lacks bulk, priority, or has an ability like Sturdy or the Focus Sash item. I wish I was joking; prior to resetting some of its EVs and before getting better Pokemon, it served as my absolute ace in the Battle Tree.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Haven't played it in a couple days but maybe during my vacation from work I'll play it a bit more.

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Who wants to battle me in Pokemon SM?
Add me. My Friend Code 4614-0146-5879
I do not want to sound like a braggar like Rhett, but I consider myself a very strong Pokemon trainer. :yes I can battle from 6:00 to 18:00 at GMT-0 timezone. Do not hesitate, write your FC, assign the time when you ready to battle.
Forever in the past.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the new Pokemon Game has been announced.  We have Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon.  All that's known is that it'll take place in an alternate universe of the original Pokemon Sun and Moon.  On top of that, looks like we've got Fusion Form Pokemon again.

http://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/

I'm hyped for it. :)