The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Piano versions of LBT songs / music

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently had a thought while working on the "End Credits" midi file:
A midi file and complete sheet music for the LBT series soundtrack would be very interesting, but I wonder how *useful* it would be to many people, unless they wanted to give it to a band or orchestra to play  :p

I'll complete the End Credits project in its entirety, but for later projects:

What if, perhaps, I simply remake the "core" of the music, designed to be played by one person on a keyboard or piano (I'll arrange the music in a way that it's simple, yet it uses both the left and right hands).  This way, anyone can just print it off and play LBT music without having to re-arrange the music themselves!  :yes

I could produce the midi files and sheet music for each song Much faster using this process, since there is less attention to fine details to consider, and the files would be more useful to more people. What do you think?

If you approve, I'd be happy to take suggestions for songs.  Perhaps I'll start with "No one has to be Alone" since I still "owe" Malte a midi file and sheet music of it  :slap   Sorry, Malte!  I got sidetracked!

Some songs that I can think of that would work very well are:

- The original LBT end credits music
- If We Hold On Together (this would be really easy to make, since I've done so much work with it already, and I have the actual sheet music for it  :P: )

- Peaceful Valley
- Kids Like Us
- It Takes All Sorts
- Always There
- When You're on Your Own
- Beyond the Mysterious Beyond (this would be Fun - It's kind of jazzy)
- Family
- No One Has to be Alone
- Bestest Friends (wouldn't take me long since I already have the midi file of this song completed)
- If Only

The other songs are all do-able for piano music, but the sheet music may not be as straight-forward to read, or as easy to play.

I could post links to the midi files and sheet music on the songs/lyrics site too  B)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds cool :yes

I have a piano in my house and I actually used to play it. Maybe I'll actually go back to it. Not really much of a piano person though, more guitar :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you know your stuff, it should be possible to play piano music on a guitar too, as far as I know.  Just play the melody part of the sheet music, and any chords you want to throw in.  I don't know how to properly notate guitar tab, so I won't even try  :P: .

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh, well I actually have no knowledge of a guitar whatsoever :lol: but guitar is what a want to learn how to play.

I could try these songs on the piano :D since I have a somewhat knowledge of it. Sounds fun :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
To Littlefoot Fan and anyone else with Noteworthy Composer v1.75:

I'll send you the Noteworthy Composer project files directly as I finish the songs, so it will be easier for you to look at and print them just the way you want.  Image files are fine, but the actual project file will be better  :D

For the rest of you folks:
I'll make sure to release high-quality image files of the sheet music for you to print.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If you approve, I'd be happy to take suggestions for songs. Perhaps I'll start with "No one has to be Alone" since I still "owe" Malte a midi file and sheet music of it  Sorry, Malte! I got sidetracked!
You don't owe me anything! I'm most obligued to you that you are creating all these midis for us. There never was any whatsoever obligation for you to create a particular song for anyone. It would certainly be very frustrating to create a song for which one isn't in the right mood at that time.
Thank you also for the sheet music that would be unavailable anywhere else. If anyone owes anyone a favor it would be me owing one to you mate :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't have that program, but I'd listen to what you can cook up.  :)