The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is your favourite Mythology?

Saft · 24 · 3769

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I mainly read mythology as a backround to a field that I find more interesting, linguistics. I have a fairly good knowledge of Slavic mythology, less so for Norse and Greek mythology, and Celtic, Egyptian and Indian I only have some general ideas about. I like reading them to get a window into the life of people of ancient times. Studying languages bears even better fruit in this regard (in my humble opinion). I had been learning Old Norse for example, and enjoyed learning Latin in high school.

I also read "Antigona" and "Prometheus in Shackles" in high school. If I had more time, I would study some myths more thoroughly.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@WierdRaptor: Also Jason And The Argonauts(1963) and Clash of The Titans(1981) still stand the test of time.

I do enjoy Celtic mythology, mostly because of Arthurian lore.

Valeron

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm a huge fan of Greek mythology. My favorite story is the story of Niobe. She had 14 children, so she taunted the Titan god Leto, so Leto had her twin children Artemis and Apollo kill all of Niobe's children. When Niobe discovered that her children were dead, she ran off and cried, turning into stone and doomed to cry forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,May 7 2011 on  03:32 PM
@WierdRaptor: Also Jason And The Argonauts(1963) and Clash of The Titans(1981) still stand the test of time.

Those 2 movies also have stop motion done by  Ray Harryhausen, if I recall correctly.