The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Boy Scout Memorabilia

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I'm a collector of Scout patches from the Boy Scouts of America, I got hooked after going to NOAC (National Order of the Arrow Conference) and cashing in with a near perfect victory on my checklist :)

Recently my mom discovered a few pocket knives in my great grandfathers possessions, and one of the pocket knives was a Camillus Boy Scout Pocket Knife from between 1946 and 1950, the only thing that's odd... is my great grandfather was not in Scouting... -shrugs-

I also own other various things, a beret, a couple pins, my own awards etc.

Anyone else collect Scoutabilia? I know we have other Scouts on this forum

Keep in mind, just because I collect BSA stuff doesn't mean this is limited to that, Pfadtfinders, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts of Canada, Boy Scouts of Nippon etc. Go for it!

on that note I do collect foreign Boy Scout patches too, I have many from Japan, several from other places, including epaulets and what I imagine is the BSA patch equivalent of our flag... it's a fleur-de-lis... wait, I'll just upload my pic XD

This is a pic of my neckerchiff slide from Japan (says Boy Scouts of Nippon, then in hiragana I think it says everyday)

*note to a mod, if you could remove the "Boy" from the title to broaden the topic plz

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice that you collect scouting stuff.. I am on the girl scouts myself, but I do not collect any. I've got some badges and some other stuff though, but not because I collect them.

I enjoy scouting .. :)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to be in the boy scouts looong ago.  Sadly the first 3-4 months were the best, then the scoutmaster, who was in the air force, was restationed elsewhere and another person took over.  It was terrible then.  I found out recently from a friend that the guy had a very bad reputation.  I guess that is why the assistant scout master stopped showing up once the new guy took over, and 98% of the troop did as well.  I don't have anything I saved nor collect from scouting.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well a went with a friend of mine that is a scout to a scout camp, I had a good time, but I don¥t think ill join...