The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

e3 2017!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 13 2017 on  10:40 AM
Are any of those for the 3ds?
Nope!  Not a one!  There's so few games coming out for the 3ds that it's obvious Nintendo will be retiring it by the end of the year, moving fully onto The Switch by then.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Seeing the start of the Treehouse stream, for MArio Oddysey was great!

Some new tidbits.

- there's two kinds of coins in this game. Regular yellow coins, and purple coins (Which are different in every world in the game, so it's like every world having it's own currency. These coins can be used to buy things in shops now, but the purple coins can only be used in the world they came from.

-some things you can buy include different costumes for mario, and souvenirs to collect together in the Odyssey. (that's what Mario's ship is called)

-when you get a moon (This game's star) you don't leave the level, you are left where you got that moon, so you can keep exploring! (So it's like in Banjo Kazooie, where you don't leave the level when you collect a jiggy.)

-When you die, you just lose some coins. Doesn't seem to be any 1-ups or lives this time around.

Getting a real journey around the world vibe from this game, especially from things like the souveniers you can collect.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry for the double post, but Nintendo just announced a 2d metroid game for the 3DS in the Treehouse stream! It's called 'Metroid: Samus Returns'!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah that sucks well better start saving for a switch than

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jun 13 2017 on  11:08 AM
Sorry for the double post, but Nintendo just announced a 2d metroid game for the 3DS in the Treehouse stream! It's called 'Metroid: Samus Returns'!
Just found that out myself!  Looks like Nintendo won this year, with Microsoft being a close second.

Great job, Nintendo!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 13 2017 on  05:43 PM
~NINTENDO REVIEW~

If you're a Nintendo fan, then it's a good time to be one and I couldn't be happier to be one.

--Love Kirby and I am loving the new concepts of the game.  Being able to control enemies and combine powers.  How much more powerful can Kirby possibly get?  Looking forward to the new game.

--New Pokemon RPG style game on the Nintendo Switch?  At last, the babies who didn't get this announcement a week ago can stop crying!

--Metroid Prime 4!?  About freaking time!  We haven't had a Prime game since the Wii.  Getting this, no questions asked!

--The new Yoshi game looks fun!  Will definitely get it!

--The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was really enjoyable and the new DLC packs might make me warrant another playthrough of the game.

--Super Mario Odyssey also seems to have that mind-control gimmick going on here!  Using Mario's iconic hat like that is going to be quite enjoyable.  Definitely on my list.

--One thing I didn't put in, because they didn't specify, was that they announced that more 3rd party titles would be coming to The Switch this Summer.  I'll have to see what they are before I make my purchases.

Well, that's it from me!  Time for my nap!

See ya later! :wave
I feel a tiny bit offended for being called a baby but oh my god am I happy to finally get a (hopefully) decent pokemon game for a tv console. Probably will get a switch just for that, and then I'm definitely getting mario oddysey, mario + rabbits, kirby and yoshi too.  :)littlefoot

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Don't feel too bad about it, Mumbling!  I'm mainly calling out those that cried foul when it was announced Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is coming out on 3DS last week.  I doubt you acted in that manner about it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What's decent about it it's just a remake to the original game. Maybe there's a couple new things added that's it.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
No Rockstar Games showcase? They normally don't do that anyway, I guess. GTA V's Gunrunning update came out today though. I guess there won't be any Red Dead Redemption 2 stuff yet.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I'm happy that Nintendo won this year Also

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
One post reaction, ADfan  :rolleyes:
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I says that because I'm not a fan of any other companies stuff

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well I am pleasantly surprised. I considered Metroid games coming out to be wishful thinking so I'm glad that 2 games are coming. Feels a lot like 2002 with Prime and Fusion coming out 8 years after Super Metroid (Samus Returns and Prime 4 coming 7+ years after Other M). The melee counter looks pretty neat and helps differentiate the game from AM2R. Zetas also looked pretty cool, almost xenomorph-esque.

Happy that a pokemon rpg is coming to Switch as well. My initial thoughts now are that I'm for sure skipping out on Ultra Sun & Moon.

I'm not too hyped for Kirby and Yoshi but I'll probably get them down the road as a co-op game I can play with my brother.

I've been hyped for Xenoblade 2 since it was first announced no changes there. Nice to see some gameplay though.

Mario Odyssey looks intense with turning in to all those different things. The dinosaur part at the beginning of the trailer sure threw me for a loop.

I'm happy with what Nintendo showed this year.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One sounds like a remake to the metroid II game for the Nintendo. If it is Than I might pass on it.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 13 2017 on  07:38 PM
^^Don't feel too bad about it, Mumbling!  I'm mainly calling out those that cried foul when it was announced Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is coming out on 3DS last week.  I doubt you acted in that manner about it.
I wasn't jumping for joy for that announcement, but it's not too bad either ;) But yeah, fair enough!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll probably get one even tho it's just a remake