The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DuckTales (2017)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
DuckTales has been rebooted on Disney XD!  Tell me what you all think of the first episode of the new series.  The link comes from the Official Disney XD YouTube Channel!

DuckTales (2017) - Episode 1 & 2

Enjoy!

LandBeforeTimeFan2017

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 20 2017 on  11:23 AM
DuckTales has been rebooted on Disney XD!  Tell me what you all think of the first episode of the new series.  The link comes from the Official Disney XD YouTube Channel!

Enjoy!
Sounds interesting. Feels kind of unusuall because Ducktales hasen't been on TV since the 80s. I wonder how Donald is doing with his nephews.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Roughly 30 years!? Anything is possible I guess.
LBT's TV series needs a reboot, and soon. It's definitely possible. They've made lots of money off of the franchise, and they need to make more.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

LandBeforeTimeFan2017

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Aug 20 2017 on  01:47 PM
Roughly 30 years!? Anything is possible I guess.
LBT's TV series needs a reboot, and soon. It's definitely possible. They've made lots of money off of the franchise, and they need to make more.
Agreed. The TV series needs to be rebooted.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's pretty sad as I think the idea of Ducktales being resurrected is really cool and I still kinda like the universe. Many of the ideas on the scenes I've seen look cool and there's a lot of potential in turning Barks/Rosa stories into TV series but the series is just so ugly. I'd like to watch it but the animation style ruins everything for me. Why couldn't they stick with the old style. :(petrie

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I'm familiar with DuckTales; but, it wasn't a show I could get into as a child. Although, I did see a preview of the reboot; the new animation style is a major turn-off for me; I thought the old animation style from the original series was much better.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Sovereign,Aug 28 2017 on  02:52 PM
It's pretty sad as I think the idea of Ducktales being resurrected is really cool and I still kinda like the universe. Many of the ideas on the scenes I've seen look cool and there's a lot of potential in turning Barks/Rosa stories into TV series but the series is just so ugly. I'd like to watch it but the animation style ruins everything for me. Why couldn't they stick with the old style. :(petrie
Personally I like the new style. It's really neat and very comic-y like. Very fitting considering that it's more faithful to the comics this time around. I like the new style more than the old one, honestly. It has nice fluid motion, great line work, etc.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I understand what you mean by it being fluid and lively but I've always seen the Duck world through the outlook of the comics themselves. Optimally, I'd like the series to look more like a Don Rosa story and actually, the real style of the new series bears very little resemblance to the work of the greatest comic makers of the Duck universe. The new series' animation isn't bad but it just doesn't look fitting to a Duckburg setting, imo.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I forgot to add this in to my earlier post, so I'll just add it here before I have to head out.

I don't think it was a requirement for them to stick with the old style. In fact, using something new, not quite the same, I feel was the better move, as it helps to show that this incarnation is its own identity.

I have heard of continuations of old shows that keep the old style. Like they are making The Jungle Movie for Hey Arnold and they are making a special for Rocko's Modern Life. But the thing is, like I just mentioned, these are continuations, not reboots.

And Ducktales 2017 is a reboot, not a continuation.

Using the old style with it would have felt strange. Especially since it does not share the same continuity as the show and is more similar to the comics. If it used the old style from the cartoon, people might have been thrown off and confused. Using a new style helps prevent confusion and further solidifies the whole "yes this Ducktales but not the one that you remember". It's a good visual representation to show that what you are watching is not the old 90s Ducktales that used to air on Disney Afternoon.

I can understand not liking the new style. But I can't really agree that the reboot should adhere to the old style when it's not supposed to be a continuation of the old show; it's supposed to be something different.

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I love the reboot! It took me a minute to adjust to the voices but I'm getting used to it. X3

Oh and it used to be a running joke about how no one could understand Donald, but now they escalated it to where not even the audience can understand him. Just barely. X3

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm loving the new incarnation of Ducktales, too. I honestly was not expecting the series to get a resurrection. Not hearing Alan Young as Scrooge is going to take some getting used to, but David Tennant is doing a bang-up, because David Tennant.

Not sure if I like not being able to understand Donald, though. It might grow on me, but I hope this isn't bleed into another things he appears in.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
After watching a few episodes of the DuckTales reboot, I've started to like it. The animation style might be different from the original series; but, that doesn't bother me anymore.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, the season finale of the new Ducktales has come out and people are raving about one thing.  The appearance of the magical mistress of the show; in flesh.  I give you the true form of Magica De Spell.

I'd personally say that the green feathers work for her.  They did a good job here.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I've only relatively recently started watching this show on a regular basis, but I'm in love with it!! :ChomperImAwesome And Season 3 is really exceeding my expectations so far, it's awesome! Where my duck fans at?