The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who knows you watch LBT? Do you watch it alone?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Baree,Nov 1 2009 on  03:41 AM
Well, since I just got an email urging me to post before my account here gets deleted, might as well reply to this one. I make it no secret I watch cartoons. Most people know this. LBT is just one of many animated movies and series I like, own, watch and talk about.

On a side note, I'm currently in the Philippines for an internship (I'm from the Netherlands) and the DVD's you buy here here are all illegal. You will really have to look hard to find a legal DVD. If you buy one, you get about 5 - 10 movies. I saw LBT, and I hadn't seen it in a while, so I bought it. Thing is, you can't see on the front which movies are on there. In this case a total of 4 LBT movies (+ various others). Could have done worse :p.
I'm from the Netherlands as well :)

It's nice to see that people come back because of such an email. Welcome back, I guess :)

Baree

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Not sure if you can say that I'm back, considering the fact that this was only the second message I posted (first one somewhere in 2004 I think). I'll try and look here a bit more often :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice to see a member from so far back return.  Hope you have time to post now and then.  

I watch LBT by myself.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I watch LBT. And my parents know too. And my mom likes it but much less than me. I'll probably NEVER reveal that I love LBT in public. I'm just too afraid. If I had the choice I would watch it in the dead of night when everybody's asleep and can't hear or see a thing I'm doing. A few of my friends know I like it. But I'm not going to tell them just how much. It's actually scary to me to reveal my secret. To just come out and announce that I like it. No way. Theres not a snowballs chance in heck you would ever catch me doing THAT.  And when I do watch it, I alway's look behind my shoulder and if anyone's watching I immediatly pause it, turn the tv off, and say, "why are you staring at me?" Then, I would make sure their not looking and get back to enjoying it.

jjackknife

• Ruby
    • View Profile
hey. i want to watch land before time episodes online for free. i can't seem to find them anywhere!!!! can anyone help me? :blink:

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Who knows that I watch the Land Before Time?  Well, it is general knowledge amongst my family that I own the original Land Before Time film, as it was a gift to me from when I was a relatively young child.  That is the only film from the series that I watch on a regular basis and I fell no embarrassment if people know that fact.  However, none of my family or friends know that I occasionally watch the sequels and I plan on keeping it that way.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Some Friends, my Father and Stepmother and a woman on the other side of the country I bought them from :lol

And JJackknife, I can send you a link or something with them if you wanna...

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
^^
I believe it's against the forum rules to post links to websites that host the LBT movies. Jjackknife, they are there, but I'm afraid we can't help you much without causing copyright infringement and putting the forum at risk.

As for me, just about everyone knows I watch LBT, and they really don't care. I like what I like, and if my two top interests are dinosaurs and aeroplanes, then so be it! I tend to watch it alone, though. They know, but they're not interested, which is perfectly fine with me. We're all different. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Given that I have LBT charms and stickers on my water bottles and that I'm rather outspoken about my love of LBT, I think pretty much everyone knows I like LBT, and I actually have some friends who are fellow LBT fans. Most people seem to be cool with it, with the exception of my mother and my grandmother. Despite generally being cool with--and in fact liking--that I love children's movies, they really don't like how into LBT I am for some reason, likely because of how much I love it, the fact that they don't remember me seeing it as a kid and it's a lot like some movies I was steered away from as a kid (*cough*BAMBI*cough*), and in the case of my grandmother, I think she also doesn't like me being into LBT because it's caused a good bit of friction between my mother and me. For a little bit there, they were even kinda tepid about the fact that I love dinosaurs independent of LBT. :rolleyes

As for watching LBT alone, I obviously don't watch it with my family, but when I'm away at college and have some free time, I sometimes watch LBT in the lounge of my residence hall with one or two of my LBT loving friends, and sometimes I do watch it alone.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:04:56 AM by Littlefoot505 »

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Well, ever since I started watching LBT again last year, the only people whom have since found out are you guys, of course, my followers on FanFiction.Net and DeviantArt, and my youngest brother (who is 17), who knows nothing about LBT. Oh, and the professor and students in the video post-production class I took last semester, just before graduating from community college. Apparently, many of them, too, have old memories of watching LBT as kids.

I would prefer to watch them alone, which I can easily do since I have the movies and the TV series on my laptop. In fact, for a long time, I've been secretive about my love for most of the kids shows I loved as a kid, notably Thomas the Tank Engine (at least until I finally met someone on DeviantArt who also was a longtime Thomas fan, and we've since become close friends on DA). I think my Asperger Syndrome is part of the reason why I'm not up for openly revealing my love for LBT to my family or any of my friends, since I'm not one who likes being teased in public and I'd much rather be spared of that.

Personally, I would think that it would be a crime to not recognize the original Land Before Time as one of those ever-so-important movies that all ages can watch because of the message it brings, not just for being a lovable "children's" movie. It is recognized as one of the greatest dinosaur movies ever, and it was in the midst of the late 80's boom of animated films, along with "The Brave Little Toaster" and "All Dogs Go to Heaven," so why do people make fun of those who love LBT? Why are we living in a world where we're having to try to keep it secret from the public eye just because such others would look down on us for still loving our most beloved kids' movies and believing us to be, ... well, ... no, I'm not gonna say it. My point is that these are the movies that taught us so much in our childhoods, and to not be able to keep watching them because we're presumably meant to grow out of them is just ... wrong. I love LBT, I'll always love LBT, and no stupid opinions from anyone in my family or my friends who may think otherwise can take that love away from me. I grew up watching them, and my mind has grown to never stop loving them even long after I've matured.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, as someone whose family doesn't like him being into LBT, I definitely will say that if, for any reason, you don't want to reveal your love of LBT to any particular person, don't. Letting my family find out that I'm into LBT was a BIG mistake.

The funny thing is that when I first got back into LBT, I didn't let a single soul know about it (in person or even online) for a little while, and my family was among the last to find out. I totally agree with what you said, DiddyKF1. LBT deserves much more love and recognition than it gets, even with it currently being regarded as one of the best dinosaur movies ever made (in fact, WatchMojo ranked it as the second best dinosaur movie behind Jurassic Park!).

I am 19 and in college, and I too will ALWAYS love LBT, regardless of what ANYONE thinks of LBT or those who like it as adults, and regardless of how much lip I get from my family. I honestly think I would still like LBT a real lot even if I hadn't grown up with it. I wholeheartedly think that LBT should be solidly cemented (err, fossilized) as a great classic like a lot of Disney movies are, and when I have kids, I will show them LBT, and I will not give them ANY lip if they still like it in their college years and beyond. The biggest slap in the face for me about my family not liking my love of LBT is that they're cool with me liking kids' movies in general, especially ones they remember me growing up with (for example, they're perfectly cool with my Lion King obsession and my super excitement to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie), and they also like dinosaurs to boot, yet they're in a big tizzy over the fact that I love "that ghastly movie with the dinosaur whose mother dies".

Although, having said that, I am happy to say that, as previously mentioned, most people outside of my family seem to be cool with me liking LBT, and some of my very best friends are fellow LBT fans, so I really don't think LBT fans are held in such low regards by society, but only by a few bad apples (and sadly for me, my mother and grandmother are.two such bad apples).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:39:32 AM by Littlefoot505 »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm lucky to say that I have a couple friends who have watched LBT with me and some more who know that I've watched all the movies. My family is a completely different matter. They all know that I've watched the movies in the past but have no idea that I'm still pretty big into them. None of my friends or family know that I'm part of an online LBT group or that I have gotten into drawing fanart and currently I don't have plans to let them know.

That being said, as some of you might already know from seeing my post in the 'Show us yourself' topic, I have a LBT T-shirt that I have on some occasions busted out and worn out in public. The first being during a trip down to a dinosaur museum in June and the second was during opening night of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Both times led to a couple of fun comments that people made, and I don't regret wearing it at all :lol

and when I have kids, I will show them LBT, and I will not give them ANY lip if they still like it in their college years and beyond.
I would do the same as well. Actually, my friend has a son now and for his first birthday I gave him all of the LBT DVDs that I owned at the time (that being 1, 9, 11, 12, 14). I'm hoping that he gets into LBT in some degree (though it was also because I also bought the 14 box set :p )

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Me too. None of my family or my friends share my love for the series so... :p All of them know about it though and none of them disapprove (they never did) of my lingering enthusiasm for LBT. :^^spike

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Alone 90% of the time.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
A few of my friends and family know I have a deep fondness for the LBT movies from when I would rewatch them all the time in the dark years of 2012, but it wasn’t all that surprising to them since I would also watch a lot of dinosaur documentaries before then. But nowadays, I just prefer to watch them alone, and it’s probably gonna stay that way, lol. :p
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
My family knows a little bit about my enjoyment of LBT, but none of my friends know, and it'll likely stay that way. And thus I watch it by myself... :(
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've watched the first movie with my little cousin a few days ago but otherwise I usually watch alone :P
Inactive, probably forever.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
My 17-year-old brother apparently seems supportive of my love for the LBT series. Today, he went to the thrift store and got me VHS copies of "The Land Before Time" and "All Dogs Go to Heaven," along with a couple of VCR's he wanted to try out with his technology expertise.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy