The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ladies? Gentlemen? After 4 years, I have returned

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:D All is well and thanks for the warm welcomes!  :DD

How about taking some snapshots of your current rig and/or room/house?
Sure, I can get on that when I get a chance! In the meantime, I do have a couple screenshots of specs in the "Show me..." section. I picked up this machine a couple years ago and made a couple of upgrades to it over the years.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
After three years, Tim has come back from the dead!  :wow  :wow

This is my monthly post...more like three probably.  My job is my life now for better or for worse, so I'm not around forums much, this one included.  It took me months just to finally get a skype account working again, and then its a big deal to "chat with Petrie" because he's never around.  :nyah

I probably won't do another skype thing until June just saying....so hope you hang around until then so we can catch up!  :wave

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 7 2015 on  08:08 PM
After three years, Tim has come back from the dead!  :wow  :wow

This is my monthly post...more like three probably.  My job is my life now for better or for worse, so I'm not around forums much, this one included.  It took me months just to finally get a skype account working again, and then its a big deal to "chat with Petrie" because he's never around.  :nyah

I probably won't do another skype thing until June just saying....so hope you hang around until then so we can catch up!  :wave
It's a pleasure to hear from you again, Adam. I'm truly glad to see your face around here, still. :)

I'm glad to hear your career is working out nicely for you. I'll surely be in touch next time you're around, with any luck!

PS: I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD650s. Hoooly crap! *drool*

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Oh, ho have you now? :D  See your PM box otherwise we'll just derail this thread.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Heey I didn't know you made this topic! thats awesome to see that you're coming back to the GoF though. welcome back Tim! :D actually now that I think of it I have kinda also disappeared from here for quite a long time, I used to be sooo active back in the day. but to be honest my reasons are kind of the same as yours, life has been so crazy and hectic for me, like a roller coaster, and ive just been trying to figure things out :p i would love to also return and be more active im just not sure where exactly i can be more active, since i am not so much into lbt anymore (well not as much as i used to be, i still like the series though). but who knows, maybe a new project or something will catch my interest and keep me coming back a lot again :yes

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Mar 30 2015 on  05:41 PM
Howdy everyone! VERY long time, no see!

For all the newer members, I'm an ex-admin here on the GoF and one of the resident nerds. :p

Long story short, life took a front-row seat for awhile and I needed to spend some time away from my usual activites to find myself.

All these years later, I have a broader understanding of my own life and what I'd like to do. I've learned what makes me happy, what I'm looking for and what steps I want to take. I've tried to find balance between real life, online life, hobbies and careers.

I went to school from 2012 to 2014 to study software development. I'm working in the software industry now, doing music composition and game design on the side. I'm looking to move to a different sector of the software world in the near future but I'm getting nicely established in my career. My experience working on LBT RPG showed me what skills I was lacking. I honed and developed those skills to a more professional level and am applying them to move on with life.

Anyway, now that all that's settling down a little, I'M BACK!!

What am I doing these days? What are my plans here at the GoF?

I don't know yet! I don't have any projects in-mind at the moment that relate to LBT, but I'm plugging away at a handful of stuff on the side. I'll mention those a bit more in other posts.

So, now for the burning question? Did anyone miss me? :p Malte, I'm looking in your direction.  :lol
Welcome back, I also have been out for a while!  Why are you no longer an admin?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Why are you no longer an admin?

I stepped down from my admin position years ago after I started spending much less time here. I've been away for so long now, there are others who are more qualified than myself; those who know the newer members better, etc.

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 26 2015 on  01:31 PM
Why are you no longer an admin?

I stepped down from my admin position years ago after I started spending much less time here. I've been away for so long now, there are others who are more qualified than myself; those who know the newer members better, etc.
Ok, thanks!

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And welcome back! :DD .

Says me who I am the missing one right now, hehehe.