The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Greetings!

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deviantart.com
Okay, how to start off. Well, Hi! I stumbled upon this through Youtube. I joined because I was having a TLBT binge recently. Heh.

Anyways, My screen name is Achillobator. I got it from the genus of dinosaur. I chose this because I like the meaning of the name (Achillo - Achilles; Bator - Hero). I love dinosaurs. I used to like them a lot as a kid, and I feel I am getting back into that. I am a typical Theropod fan boy :p I am not sure which dinosaur is my favourite, but if I had to choose, It would be between Utahraptor and Tyrannotitan.

I love TLBT. As for how much of the series I know...

I - Seen, used to own (lost  :cry )
II - Own
III - Own
IV - Own
V - Own <3 (with much love)
VI - Own
VII - Seen most of it
VIII - Own
IX - Never seen
X - Seen (TV)
XI - Never seen
XII - Never seen
Series - Never seen

I bet you can see a pattern there. It's not that I stopped liking it..It's just I got a bit...embarrassed. if I could, I would have owned the ones I don't. I'm a bad fanboy :< My favourite character is Chomper (Therapod love <3) And my favourite Villian is Sharptooth (THE Sharptooth.) Come on, he was strong and an amazing fighter since he'd never die. Now, there are two things I don't like about TLBT, but i don't really mind:

1. All these little "cutesy" names. Seriously, long neck? Sharptooth? Spiketail? Whatever happened to Apatosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, or Stegosaurus. I know it's a kids show and all, but come on! Let the kids learn something.
2. Why (from what I have seen) do the "Sharpteeth" stand upright rather than horizontally like normal? They seem much cooler that way (Note: I am not sure if they changed this in the newer ones, so forgive me)

Anyways, other than dinosaur stuff:

I like to draw. And apparently I am quite intelligent and inquisitive (Don't believe that for a second :p)
I also like a wide variety of music. I have listened to almost any genera, so I may have music you like :3

Well, I am seriously running out of things to say (I suck at introducing myself :p) So if you have any questions, just ask!

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Greetings, Salutations, and welcome. Post lots here.  :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Welcome!

As for the "cutesy names", it actually makes sense. I mean do you really think these dinosaurs are going to know names like Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops, etc? Not to sound rude, but it just wouldn't make sense for them to know those names way back then. It would make more sense for them to have their own words.

As for the stand upright thing, you have to think of when LBT first aired. It was when the upright posture was more widely known I believe. The more accurate posture wasn't introduced to the public until Jurassic Park I think. And since they already established the upright posture for T-Rex in LBT, they have to keep with that design, even though it's inaccurate.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Achillobator,Aug 30 2007 on  10:44 PM
1. All these little "cutesy" names. Seriously, long neck? Sharptooth? Spiketail? Whatever happened to Apatosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, or Stegosaurus. I know it's a kids show and all, but come on! Let the kids learn something.
How are they supposed to know what we call them? :P: Seriously, it would be pretty strange if they used the "scientific" names. I would be spooked if they started using "fancy" language.

Anyway, welcome to the The Gang of Five message board, Achillobator! I'm Manny Cav, one of your fellow LBT fans. Do enjoy your stay here, as we try to be a pretty friendly and reasonable group here. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, let me just say "Welcome to the Gang of Five!" :D

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine here.  We have many artists here who would love to see your drawings (if you're willing to share them, of course ;) ).  

Feel free to post as much as you want.  We're generally pretty relaxed around here; I hope you enjoy yourself!

As for me, I'm one of the resident music nerds and a semi-casual LBT fan.  You'll see me all over the board, except the RPGs; that's nick22's territory ;)

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Aug 30 2007 on  10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Ha! I love your avatar/icon/whatever you wanna call it XP. All it needs is a "POW" or "BLAM!"

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Aug 30 2007 on  10:56 PM
Quote from: Achillobator,Aug 30 2007 on  10:44 PM
How are they supposed to know what we call them? :P: Seriously, it would be pretty strange if they used the "scientific" names. I would be spooked if they started using "fancy" language.

Anyway, welcome to the The Gang of Five message board, Achillobator! I'm Manny Cav, one of your fellow LBT fans. Do enjoy your stay here, as we try to be a pretty friendly and reasonable group here. :^.^:

I quote a wise female cartoon character when I say this:

"I am never calling it that"
:p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome to toe forum!  Enjoy your stay here and have fun! :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hello and welcome to the forum!  Although I do not agree with the name thing, I do like your personality and attitude!  I personally just love the fact that they use those cool names such as "long neck", "sky water", "belly crawler" and other things. I just think that they're cool and fun!  With that said, I hope you have a fun time and post bunches!  It's always a pleasure to have new members! ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 31 2007 on  01:23 AM
I personally just love the fact that they use those cool names such as "long neck", "sky water", "belly crawler" and other things. I just think that they're cool and fun!
I sort of like those names, but I prefer the scientific names. They sound cooler in my opinion.

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
Also, if I may suggest............We need a suggestion board.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We need a suggestion board.
New ideas from the new member already!  I can tell we're going to love having you around! B)

Anywho, what do you think we need a suggestion board for?  The forum itself (graphics, etc), the LBT series, what to do with members who misbehave ( :p )?  Enlighten me. :yes

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
:p  Well, I was thinking maybe just make some suggestions to help the forums, and the community itself grow. Maybe ideas for new boards, or new ways to make the forum just a whole lot better. It will be something were everyone can help with the growth of our big family :3

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I prefer a smaller community myself.  If we get too flashy, we'll attract a boatload of spammers and only a few fans.  I'm sorry to say this but the people that actually like LBT enough to join an online message board is like .0000000000000001%  of the population.  That's a lot more than we have here, but I'd hate to put the admins through banning someone every five seconds which is what would happen if we were like the first site that came up under google when you type in "the land before time".  I think that this site should only gain members by direct referrals and/or by putting the site url in material that only a true LBT fan would look at (ie the youtube video).  That way there is a very small chance of spammers and we won't need 3000 admins like other forums I've seen.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
putting the site url in material that only a true LBT fan would look at (ie the youtube video).
I was an Extremely avid LBT fan when I found this site...but I"m afaid I wouldn't have found it if I were much less of a fan.  I probably would have given up my LBT searches hours before i stumbled across a link to this forum.

I don't normally look up music videos or art galleries and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I found this site by pure persistance and luck.  A more casual fan than I was may never find us.  I must say that I think we need slightly better advertising than we had back when I joined.  To be fair though, I think it is better now. :)

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 31 2007 on  01:34 AM
I prefer a smaller community myself.  If we get too flashy, we'll attract a boatload of spammers and only a few fans.  I'm sorry to say this but the people that actually like LBT enough to join an online message board is like .0000000000000001%  of the population.  That's a lot more than we have here, but I'd hate to put the admins through banning someone every five seconds which is what would happen if we were like the first site that came up under google when you type in "the land before time".  I think that this site should only gain members by direct referrals and/or by putting the site url in material that only a true LBT fan would look at (ie the youtube video).  That way there is a very small chance of spammers and we won't need 3000 admins like other forums I've seen.
Well, than how about a little something to make the site better than it already is for those that are already members? :3 Let's spoil ourselves a bit :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Let's spoil ourselves a bit 
Just don't make me work too hard. :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really can't think of any way to improve GOF except perhaps the ability to have slightly larger avatars like 200X200 pixels, but that's not really too important to me.  Perfect is just about the only word I'd use to describe GOF. :D

Did you have any other ideas in mind?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the ability to have slightly larger avatars like 200X200 pixels
LOL This, coming from the guy who sets his computer at 800x600 resolution :p  I could live with 200x200 avatars but I have screen space to burn. :p