The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33259

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's been a year already? Damn :lol:
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know it's awesome that the movie has its one year anniversary

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Some people should know next years is the first film's 30th anniversary 1988-2018

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know it's amazing I know it won't happen but a release of the uncut footage would be a nice feature to be released.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think they will someday make a lbt movie that will revolve around the gang as adults someday. Picture that a 15th movie will be about 10-15 years after the original

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I wouldn't Mind that and they gang will have kids of there own. I would like to see that someday. That would be a good fifteenth movie. But it needs to be made right and made with effort with a good storyline.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind widening the LBT universe but I'm not crazy about the idea of a next generation. In the end, I can't see it giving the franchise really too many new things. It's highly unlikely that "a new Gang" could ever replace the original one and I personally don't think "a normal adulthood" would give the main characters and their struggles justice. Should Universal wish to widen LBT universe, I'd prefer a new place with completely new characters while still retaining a clear link to the characters and places we know. LBT bears so much potential with many new places and personal struggles in places far from the Great Valley to explore. Of course, if "a new generation" is done well I wouldn't mind it but I see much more promise in completely different places and stories.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah give them time since it took them nine years to revive the franchise. And who knows what they'll do with it.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
reading previous page...

Quote from: Snik,Jan 30 2017 on  10:39 AM
ADFan...
x302 again

please, don't respond on this my post with the same commentary about LBT14 and its poor director guy. thanks :D

-------------------

I'm too silly, so I can't imagine what should happen some people make sequel that differs from LBT2-LBT14 movies.
And how much chance it will be turned into something GOOD?
Can you tell me, guys?

------

Oh...
Sweet dreams about new LBT movie that can be placed in the same shovel with holy original cartoon...

I had that dream 5 days ago when I was in train. It was short (~30mins in dream time, lol) movie that was made for special competition, and Don Bluth himself was involved in production. Oo

and you know what?
this dream MADE ME WATCH LBT14. for the very first time.
after 9 years... FINALLY.

*moves to LBT 14 thread*

-------

Oh, and since I watched JoB, and since I have some SERIOUS questions...

Did somebody contact with movie creators and voices cast after release? Did they say something about LBT14 and possible sequel?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not sure it like I said I'm done ripping him apart I said my piece about him so I'll stop for good.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see...

I'm too silly, so I can't imagine what should happen some people make sequel that differs from LBT2-LBT14 movies.
And how much chance it will be turned into something GOOD?
Can you tell me, guys?
Difficult to say how big chances are... and what quality to look for. I was having kinda high hopes for LBT 14 and ended up being a little bit disappointed about it to be honest. I wasn't expecting something extremely well made but I, at least, expected the movie to be better than LBT 13 in all regards. In some, it was, but I'm not sure which movie I like less now  :unsure:

Anyway, what should happen? Well, the most important thing is, in my opinion, that the action becomes more serious again. Let's be honest, LBT 14 felt like a mix of the silliness of LBT 13 and some tv-series episodes and a poor attempt to copy some themes of the first movie. The animation didn't convince me either. All of these areas will have to be improved when they want to make sequels again that actually have the potential to be great... and selling well for that matter. My biggest wish is a collaboration between the fans and the studios. I'm sure the result would be a movie we can be proud of again...

Did somebody contact with movie creators and voices cast after release? Did they say something about LBT14 and possible sequel?
I do not know. However, I'm sure people will keep an eye on what they post on social media. LBT 14 was first spoiled by Ducky's voice actor after all. And, maybe, Universal puts stricter bans on them this time? LBT 14 was spoiled over a year before it was actually released. Maybe they want to keep it a secret that they're working on a new movie if they are this time? I don't know...
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can agree that this movie did feel like that but even tho it was poorly made it's just a tad bit better than movie thirteen. The new characters the diggers where actually good and not annoying like the yellow bellys where. God those characters killed the the series and where not needed at all. If a new one does get made let's hope they do get the fans input and make it a great movie.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Hopefully yeah. Also having the movie be kept a secret for a while and only be revealed near release would be awesome, but it would be a little hard + leaks too. It would probably make people a little more excited if they find out near release, say, a few months or less, that there will be another movie.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
You know what would be nice?
If they release the 15th movie in December like the others

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's just give them time to work on a good script first. And find better voice actors for the characters since the ones where not good at all.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Jesus Christ, ADF, you really hate the fourteenth movie with a passion, don't you?

Anyway, I think a fifteenth movie's still possible. If there was such a big time gap between movies 13 and 14, then I think anything's possible.

I also like the idea of a spin-off focusing on new characters and new places. I would like to see what it'd be like following a nomadic herd of one dinosaur species. That'd be totally different yet intriguing to see.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
The year was 2030. Among the scorhed sands and toxic rubble of the dying world doomed by Emperor Trump's tyranical rule a glimmer of hope arises: the word of mouth has it that someone somewhere is making Land Before Time XV! :lol: