The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Peaceful Valley" midi file

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Howdy!  I have decided to start yet Another little project! :rolleyes:
Here's some work on "Peaceful Valley," it's partly complete, though not all the background instruments are in place in the chorus yet.  It's coming along nicely, though it's proving to be a little difficult to blend the four singers together nicely in MIDI, in the chorus.

By the way, when it's finished, it will contain the entire 2:30 LBT 2 End Credits version of the song. :yes

Download it here!
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/index.html
(As you may be able to see, RogerRabbit, it's up to 13 tracks and counting :^.^: )

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yup I see all 13 of 'em.  :lol:   That sounds really cool....it started out kind of funky...I thought I had a problem loading the file since it seemed to jolt about for the first three seconds.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's EXCELLENT action9000 :D

I've always loved this song :)

Hehe, the great thing about all these songs being in midi format, is that I can play them on Byond :lol: since midis are like the #1 sound file in Byond :P:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Lovely!  :D
I must admit I was several times not aware of just how many different instruments and musical voices there were to LBT songs until I listened to your Midis. This Peaceful Valley file is another example for this. Thanks a bunch for it! :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you for the support, everyone! :wow  I'll keep working on this, and other LBT songs as time goes on B).  You folks are officially awesome!
I must admit I was several times not aware of just how many different instruments and musical voices there were to LBT songs until I listened to your Midis.
The amount of musical detail found in many songs is staggering, really, and the LBT series is no exception.  The genious mind to compile this information together in the first place is sometimes incredible.  I really give credit to such composers, who can organize so much data fluently.  Even I didn't realize the complexity of some of these LBT songs until I started working on them.   "Adventuring" surprised me; I suspected it would be fairly straight-forward, but the detail work in the later part of the song is just fantastic.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here we go, folks, the finished version of "Peaceful Valley" :wow
This was actually a relatively straight-forward midi.  Very repetitive, and once I figured out the first verse, the second verse wasn't a whole lot different (unlike "Adventuring" where every verse has its own completely different style).

I'm looking forward to how Adventuring will turn out!

[EDIT] I took down the "Peaceful Valley" Mp3 render.  It wasn't that great to begin with, and I needed to free up the space. [/EDIT]

Anywho, here's a link.  Enjoy! :DD

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Ahh, how did I miss this? You made a midi of my favorite LBT song. Two things that I love in one. Thank you so much!!!  ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ahh, how did I miss this? You made a midi of my favorite LBT song. Two things that I love in one. Thank you so much!!!
LoL :DD  I loved Peaceful Valley, too.  It was just such a pure, catchy song, I had to do it :p  I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for the comment :yes

I'm currently working on a MIDI of No One Has To Be Alone (Yes, I've begun working on it again).  It's coming along nicely, but it has its share of tricky parts, too.  I'm writing this on a different program than my previous MIDIs, simply because it is much easier to control the expression (volume, etc) of the instruments.  The tradeoff, is that it won't be as easy to post up sheet music, as this other program (FL Studio 6, Producer Edition) doesn't have a standard music notation interface.  It's more technical, so I can't just take screenshots of the program to make sheet music.  
A screenshot of No One Has To Be Alone from FL looks like THIS
Probably not especially useful for most people. :p

I'll do my best to post up sheet music once the midi is complete, but it may take me some time to format it.

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
THat is great. I am looking forward to hearing more of your LBT music.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've posted up a better mp3 of Peaceful Valley, recorded off my favorite midi synth.  I think this version of the song sounds Very nice. :)