The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Adventuring" MIDI file

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After a few weeks of fighting with this very tricky song, I finally have an "Adventuring" MIDI up and running.  If you have any criticism to offer, I'm happy to listen and take your comments to heart :D

This MIDI got especially challenging from about 1:30 any beyond.  The amount of detail work requred to get it accurate to the original was more than I expected, from first listening to the song :P: .  The various "effects" of sound used throughout the song; the "tropical" feel in the Big Water scene, the sound of rock falling, the flute as Littlefoot soars high into the sky, the constant piano playing throughout much of the song, the tricky guitar work in the second half.  Nothing was especially easy, except the main melody of the song. :p

Another tricky part was the voice harmonies in the last section.  When the Gang starting singing all different notes from each other, to make the full sound, I had to figure out the notes, and who was singing each note.  From square one, this was a tricky little MIDI :yes

This has been one of the more difficult songs I've ever made a MIDI of, and I'm quite happy with the result. :DD

I must say, as much as I enjoy making these midis, it sort of ruins the song for me for about a week after the MIDI is finished :rolleyes:.   I listen to the song SO much while making the MIDI, trying to listen for all the details in the music, that It's hard to enjoy the song casually, for a short while. :lol
Oh well, it's a labour of love. :p

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/index.html

You can download it at my usual site :p
I've also posted up an MP3 version, recorded from my MIDI soundfont.  Irecommend checking out the MP3 version as well.  The quality is pretty good.

Enjoy!  More songs coming soon!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Got it.  I'll listen later...I'm kind of stuck in the Avenue Q soundtrack at the moment.  :P:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Power to Action9000! :lol: Pretty soon I'm gonna want your autograph :lol

Awesome job! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Talked to you on MSN, but I'll repeat that its a work of genius and I liked the synthesized instrument for Littlefoot's vocals, because of its precisiveness.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It feels hard to find any words I haven't yet used to praise your excellent work Tim! If you continue like this you are going to have me run out of terms  :lol:
Your Adventuring rendition is just lovely! Magnificent it is! Really, here is someone who knows how to make music  :yes
Thank you very much! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Excellent job!  It is so perfect!  I don't think you could've gotten any closer to the exact tune of Adventuring.

Adventuring is not one of my favorites, but I do happen to enjoy the tune of the song. (It's the lyrics that turn me off.)

I loved the way you put it all together.  The flute is SO Ducky.

Once again, excellent job!

5 stars! ^_^ (Note: 5 is the highest you can get.)

Oh, and Malte, you know how I have alot of terms you're not familiar with, right?  I'm sure I can help you out. :)

buba

• Ruby
    • View Profile
It is  very very very very very very very very very very very very perfect.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for the comments, everyone!  I sincerely appreciate it.  Your support keeps me motived to work on some more! :DD

I finally got around to posting the sheet music up on my website, for anyone who's interested.  It's stored within 10 .png image files.

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/index.html

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just listened too it I loved how you did it. And oh my gosh, RogerRabbit you listen too the Avenue Q Soundtrack too? I can never get that cd out of my CD player or the songs out of my i-pod. :D