The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot gets Rext

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
Littlefoot was walking in the streets in New York. "I wonder if there are any Treestars here" he says. Suddenly, an orange T. Rex named Rex appears and shouts "WHAT ARE YA DOIN IN MY CITY"

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Does this role play have some sort of structure or organization in it? Is there a plot to follow? Because, it seems like a completely random idea with no context that you just came up with. Usually, when making a role play, it is something discussed beforehand, whether it is a completely silly and unorthodox role play, or if it’s a very serious and complex one.

We could just go ahead and improvise the role play as we go along, but nothing would really make sense and anyone could just insert a scene of any type if they wanted to because there are no guidelines to follow.

If that type of role play is what your going for, then by all means go ahead. I’m just afraid that most, if not all people wouldn’t be interested in this role play or any other ones you start in the future because of the problems I’ve mentioned above.

For more assistance, refer to people like @Nick22, @Ducky123, @rhombus, and others in the role play section.

I hope my advice and tips helped you in some way. Happy Role Playing! :smile

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
first things first Mr Club. before you start a rp, you have to have other people involved first. you also need a general idea of where you want to go with your story.
 what you posted is NOT a rp. its not even really the beginnings of a roleplay, at least in the sense of stories like Insane Cafe or Darwins Soldiers are.
 now if you want a nonsensical, anything can happen kind of rp, thats one things. but even then you need other people involved too.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My idea of where I want to go is Littlefoot fights Rex from We're back nod the roleplay is meant to be very ridiculous. It takes place in the summer and Littlefoot is in New York for whatever odd reason and the roleplay can go anyway and would have the characters from TLBT and We're Back! A Dinosaur's story and their battle plays out like in Sonic gets Topps'd
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 01:13:29 PM by Mr. Clubtail »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Good! You have already stated a general idea of what you want your role play to be like. However, this is only a very vague starting point which will need a bit more elaboration. You seem to already have a setting established, but what time does it take place? Why is Littlefoot in New York City in the first place? What characters do you want to appear? What’s the overall plot of the role play? Do you have a general sense of a beginning, middle, and end? Regarding the conflict between Littlefoot and the Rex, how will their battle play out? Like Nick22 has already stated, you need other people involved too if you want to have a successful role play. It doesn’t matter if it’s a nonsensical or serious role play. If nobody is willing to role play with you, then it has already failed from the start. And to get people to be interested and involved in any role play you wish to make, these are just some things you will need to establish first. This is why a section for Role Play Discussion exists. This is where all the questions, discussions, statements, and miscellaneous posts go, regarding the role play in question. I would suggest making a thread there to explain everything that pertains to the main idea for your role play if you want to recruit many people to participate in it.

Like you have already stated in your fanfic thread, you’re here for improvement. And improve you will! I hope my suggestions will prove useful to you for the future to come. Good luck! :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you need a discussion thread first / any ideas you might have, or others might come up with , go in there. normally, you also have character lists.
 you dont just start posting, you usually hash out plot and characters first and have other posters join  before you start.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: