The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Something that picked up in LBT 1

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
In Land Before Time everyone say the first thing that Ducky's kind was called was the big mouths. I have just looked through my new DVD and that Littlefoot's mum when talking to Littlefoot why he can't play with Cera that they keep to their own kinds. she stats in one part at this point Swimmer not Big Mouth. So to a question back a while back guess that swimmer is the first word that came out about Ducky's kind not big mouth where Ducky says that to Littlefoot. It shows a conflicting factor in this part which leads to me believing that why in the next LBT Ducky's kind is mainly called swimmer.

But also in LBT 5 another name comes up. Duckbill. which makes three names for Ducky's kind. Talk about mutli-names  :blink:

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I suppose that's no different from having multiple names in human terms (Native Americans, Indians, or Creeks could technically all mean the same thing).  It all comes down to what the individual prefers to be called be it Creek or Indian or Native American.

I guess Ducky liked swimmer best since that is what she's called most often.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Interesting observation Wayne! :)
I suppose that swimmer is the most general term including every kind of dinosaur that can swim (with the word dinosaur ruling out creatures like Mo), same as flyer could stand for any kind of Pterosaurs, no matter the kind. Duckbill seems to be the next step includin all dinosaurs with a ducklike bill (Parasaurolophus, Saurolophus, Lambeosaurus, Corythosaurus, Edmontosaurus etc.) while the name bigmouth may refer ONLY do Ducky's kind. This is at least my guess.