The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Internet Connection Problems with Laptop

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I go on to set up the stuff on my laptop so LBTlover can help me wipe my desktop.  However, I soon find out that my laptop's built in Wi-Fi can't seem to find my wireless connection anymore.  Without fixing this, I'm screwed in having LBTlover help me fix my desktop any further.

So, help a friend out here, please?  It would mean alot to me.

(Geez!  I'm having a bad time right now. :()

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Try this:

Control Panel
System
Hardware Management

Find your wireless card.  Disable it.  Restart computer.  Go back to that folder and enable your wireless card.  That might fix it.  No guarantees.  They're finicky...I had a huge problem for the longest time with mine.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jun 21 2008 on  07:14 AM
Try this:

Control Panel
System
Hardware Management

Find your wireless card.  Disable it.  Restart computer.  Go back to that folder and enable your wireless card.  That might fix it.  No guarantees.  They're finicky...I had a huge problem for the longest time with mine.
Yep!  That fixed it!  Thank you very much!  Now to finish up the rest. :)

This topic may be closed since the problem is solved. :^.^:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Next time you may just want to try repairing the connection.  That'll work most of the time.  Just right click on the little network button by the clock and click repair.