The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bad Internet Connection

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This has been happening all week.  Me and my family have been having a terrible connection.  Videos take FOREVER to load.  Even videos that usually took only a few minutes take much longer now.  It's really cutting down on my time off of everything.

Even a simple page like GOF or Fanfiction.net takes a while.  It's like something is sucking out all of the bandwidth and putting me at worse than dial-up speeds.

This is the main reason I haven't put up many Let's Play episodes as of late.  It's not anything of saving them until later, it's that I don't have a good connection and sometimes I end up with an error of sorts that stops me completely from uploading them.

We've tried adjusting, resetting and a number of other things.  It's really getting bad. -_-

At least I'll have my own connection to take care of soon, (Along with Hot Spots nearby that I can experiment with sometimes.) but until then, I have to put up with this piece of crap that isn't helping me at all. :(

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This probably isn't going to help you at all, as you've probably checked this already, but when I had this issue a few years ago, it turned out to be a bad cable that was frayed under the insulation that connected to the modem (manufacturer's defect), and wasn't delivering a good signal. It was effecting the wireless all over the house, but once we determined the source, we had it replaced.

As said, you've probably already ruled that out, so yeah. :p At least, like you said, you don't have to put up with it for much longer.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, now it's at the point where sometimes it's good, but most of the time it's not.

Ugh! *talking to self* Just a few more days!  Just a few more days!