The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Journey to Big Water": 10 Y.O. today

Guest · 4 · 1449

Bruton the Iguanodon

Hey, guys! Do you realize today is the 10 year anniversary of LBT IX: Journey to Big Water?  :celebrate  :birthday

Where I am, it's still the 9th, but here on the forums, it's t ahe 10th, and it's the time here that matters. LBT 9 is one of my favorite LBT films, so I thought I'd do a big 10 year announcement for it like Jared did for "Stone of Cold Fire" back in 2010. Movie 7 was the one that introduced his favorite, Pterano, so I figure it's appropriate for me to announce this one since it introduced my favorite character, Mo! (BTW---that cute girl I've mentioned whose name was also Mo---I haven't seen her since before I joined this site. She was two years ahead of me and graduated after my sophmore year.)

Anyways, I figure I'll post the best song of the movie right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6whFDcEyyFQ

It's a youtube clip, not a link to the movie, so don't worry.

Hmm...what else is there to say? The 10th anniversary of when I first saw it will be next February, on the 17th. And, of course, how is it that this movie is not getting a special release? You know, with deleted scenes, maybe, and that awful "Imaginary Friend" song removed, which I and a few others think the film could really do without. I mean, they even have a scene later on with just Petrue that gets across exactly the point the song did, and although I hate that imaginary friend in general, I would much rather have had it simply in that one scene. (And BTW, Petrie already knows a Sharptooth who's friendly---Chomper! Why need to make up a nice one? If I were him, I would have invented a flyer friend.  ;) )

Anyways, I'm getting miles off topic. I think a 10-year-release of JTBW would be a good idea. It wasn't the best LBT film but it was the last of the ones I grew up with, pretty much, and was a lot better than the rather bland Big Freeze, the fun but also fairly neutral Stone of Cold Fire (that's just my opinion, people), and the rather messy Saurus Rock, LBT 9 was a nice improvement in some areas. So I just thought I'd bring up the fact that it's 10 years old today, before tommorow comes and we realize we forgot all about it!  :oops

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well then, happy 10th anniversary to "Journey to Big Water"  :celebrate celebrating years of Mo. :)

Wow, February 17th? You remember the EXACT date the first time you saw it? Wow. I sure can't do that.

I agree, "The Big Freeze" was a boring sequel.. ***Dunn dunnn dunnnnn! Oh no!! OMG!  :blink: *** Blizzard dinos.. snowstorms.. white-outs..avalanches...snow... snow... and... more snow. ughhh. boring.  <_<

Bruton, I hope you enjoy the 10th anniversary of "Big Water" and mo as much as I did with my favorite high-flying adult flyer character... PTERANO! :D !! in 2010 with "The Stone Of Cold Fire's 10th anniversary. :)  

Let's also remember that just around the corner is 2013, and it is A HUGE year, too, the SILVER (25th) anniversary of the ORIGINAL!

But for now, let's remember, recognize and enjoy December 10, 2012 as Journey To Big Water's. (and Mo's) 10th anniversary.
  :yes

Happy 10th, Mo!  :birthday  (and a belated happy 12th anniversary to Pterano *wow. we're at a dozen years already? It CAN'T be! :blink: WOW! Time sure does fly on your favorite flyer!* :blink: which was on last Wednesday (December 5th)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yeah, 25 years since the original LBT.  :DD (Fingers crossed for some sort of special release)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Woah it's really been that long :blink:? I watched the 9th one in 2004... and that doesn't feel so long ago.. man.. time goes by so fast and I'm only 17 :(((

Since I never was able to celebrate Y2K (was too young; didn't know)...
and since I <3 LBT...

I'm going to celebrate the 25th Anniversary next year on November 18 like party rockin' craaaazy  :wow