The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rp idea: One Generation Eariler

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's been a while since I thought of an LBT rp, and now I've come up with another one. Anyway, here's the idea:

In a very slightly AU, the Great Valley was discovered by the leafeaters still, but, like the rp's name says, it occurred one generation earlier when all the characters who are grownup now were still kids or teens. Basically, the rp would be about their lives in the Great Valley when they were still young.

(So, all the young characters in the present do not yet exist in this rp, and the same applies for your OCs: adult ones would be young, and kid/teen ocs do not exist yet.)

So, anyone interested?

For now, unless someone else wants them, I'll take young Dein (Chomper's dad), and young Ichy.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess then Littlefoot's parents would be around the age of Cera's father & Tria and Littlefoot's mother perhaps would be Littlefoots age, with Bron being the same age (if he does exist and he did say he use to be called Littlefoot if I recall lb 10, assuming again he does exist & that is canon.  Or if you don't want that to be canon and want to still have him maybe it was his name when he hatched but he wanted to be called something else once he could start talking.)  And Mr. Thicknose would be the age of most adults in the regular lbt universe.  

It does sound like an interesting idea.  Would you follow the rough plot of the 1st movie (though no one needs to die in it) of them being separated from their parents & having to make their own way to the Great Valley?  Littlefoot (bron), Littlefoot's mother, Ducky's mother and father, Petrie's mother, Cera's parents, (or her father and Tria), Pterano ( almost forgot him).  

As for names, To me Topsy seems like either a pet name Tria uses or maybe what he was called as a child, like some will call a kid who is named James, Jimmy or Jamie.  So his real name could be Tops.  Petrie's mother's name may start with a P or a PT since Petrie and Pterano start similar.  

Also would Grandpa longneck be a storyspeaker still, though that only comes from 1 tv episode so may not be canon in your rp.

Do you want to narrow down the number to just 5 like in the LBT movies to maintain the gang of 5? or is that not as important here?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The number is not important, it can be any number. Also, this would be set after the events of the first movie, so all the leafeaters are living in the Great Valley.

And the name thing is a pretty good idea.

The story-speaker thing...maybe he could become it during the course of the rp.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He could be become one, or maybe has semi retired since he has a kid now he may not feel comfortable moving about in the dangerous mysterious beyond and not letting their daughter have no set friends. Up to you.

Do you have an idea of a list of characters folks can pick from?  maybe with some ( ) for characters they may not recognize like Tops or Topsy (Cera's dad)?  Also have you decided if Cera's mother will be there or Tria, or if Tria and Threehorn were separated, maybe by the earthquake, before they got to the great valley?  Of if he's not met the one who will be Cera's mother?  & if Littlefoot's mother knows Bron yet or not, and if he is called Bron or Littlefoot?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
About the Cera's mother thing, this is a semi-AU, so let's use Tria.

Any of the adults (OC or canon, who are now kids/teens) can be controlled. I figured let's still call Bron, Bron.  

And about Grandpa being a story speaker, I like the semi-retired idea.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll bring Cree, Tylr, Violet (yay, I get to use Kit's mom) and Trip into this I guess.

I'll wait and see what cannon characters might be needed and take any I think I could handle of that too.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I must admit this idea has promise...and I'd be glad to help it along. And I do wonder where Petrie's and Ducky's mothers are at this point in time, as their pasts aren't told much.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Sep 8 2009 on  07:01 PM
And I do wonder where Petrie's and Ducky's mothers are at this point in time, as their pasts aren't told much.
Yeah, wherever Petrie's mom at least is is going to determine where Cree and Tylr are atleast...I guess off figuring out my own characters I could come up with something...though I admit I don't knwo what now, it was just a thought.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kit, you're added!  :)

GVG, would you want to be Petrie and Ducky's moms?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you prefer them to appear in the rough order of the movie?

I guess some like Ducky's parents (or just mom) and Petrie's mom will have to have names.   As for Ducky's father you could either have him in the group, or say Ducky's mother will meet him later once they get to the Great Valley.

Littlefoot's grandparents could have names or titles.  mr & mrs longneck, or dad papa, father longneck since when Bron sees him he calls Grandpa Longneck Papa Longneck, which could be his title.  Grandma Longneck's title could have, perhaps been, Mama Longneck.

If enough have fun, including the gm, maybe some of the LBT movies and / or tv episodes can be used for plot ideas for sequels to this rp.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually, this is set after they get to the Great Valley.

I like the Papa and Mama Longneck name idea, let's go with that.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So after their equivalent of the 1st movie has already happened then or however they get to the Great Valley? ok, I wasn't sure.  

Sounds like a pretty good thing so far.

Quite a potential cast there are for folks to choose from.  I guess including both of Ducky's parents.  How about Petrie's parents.  Will just his mother as a kid be among the cast folks can rp as? Since his father would be an oc.  Or one can say his father has not arrived in the great valley yet, or is in the cast of background characters, not rpable but around.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delayed response.

Petrie's and Ducky's fathers can be controlled.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is good news, a few more chars folks can choose from to rp as.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I WOULD LIKE TO BE PTERANO!!!

My question is, why would some of them, say Ducky's parents, be in the Great Valley if they lived elsewhere, far away?

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think we're kinda assuming the journey takes place a generation before it does movie wise, in other words when the adults are kids.

Also, if you're taking Pterano, just fair warning, got a problem with little Tylr, cause I made him the youngest of Petrie's mom/Pterano's brood? :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
If it's not too late I'd still like to play.

And it's not to much trouble, I would like to RP as Petrie and Ducky's mothers.