The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does being gone a decade qualify for a welcome post?

jedi472 · 31 · 6244

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey all! It's great to see this place is still up and running! Figured I'd poke my head in and say hello to all the new folks, and the old folks who, dare I say it, might even recall me (hopefully favorably)!

So hi, hello, and how are things?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi Jedi!

Welcome back! It's good to see you again. I hope all is well! :)

I remember you! You asked me to draw Ducky in a space suit. Still probably one of my favorite pieces I ever did, haha :D

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh man, I remember that piece! You did a phenomenal job with it! =) It's great to see you're about! And well I hope!

And things do go well here, I'm happy to report! It feels like eons, but I'm finally getting back around to a lot of communities I fell out of! These ten years were extremely lively.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome back, Jedi!  :)littlefoot I believe that I joined after you left the forum, but nonetheless it is wonderful to see a member return to the community. I am glad to hear that things are going well on your end.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome back, Jedi!  :)littlefoot I believe that I joined after you left the forum, but nonetheless it is wonderful to see a member return to the community. I am glad to hear that things are going well on your end.

Hey there! It looks like you were a couple years after my time, but it seems like you've having a blast here by the looks of it! Good to meet you!

It's honestly a little strange and exciting to return. I got married, went through college, and moved across the Midwest since I was last here!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah no kidding! We went from teens to adults and through all the experiences that come with it. Graduating high school, college, moving. Glad all is well :)

The community has lost and gained many members, but is still the same welcoming place that it once was. It feels nice to see a familiar face returning :)

Also, if you are interested, we have a Discord channel now with a live chat (which is probably more active than the forum these days). You can find a link to it in After Midnight!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah no kidding! We went from teens to adults and through all the experiences that come with it. Graduating high school, college, moving. Glad all is well :)

The community has lost and gained many members, but is still the same welcoming place that it once was. It feels nice to see a familiar face returning :)

Also, if you are interested, we have a Discord channel now with a live chat (which is probably more active than the forum these days). You can find a link to it in After Midnight!

I'm glad to be back! It'll be wonderful to visit again, even if I'm not quite as active online as I used to be. I should absolutely hit up that Discord, that sounds like fun! =)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome back jedi! always glad to see a old member return.  good to have you back!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
welcome back jedi! always glad to see a old member return.  good to have you back!

It's great to see you as well, and thank you! It's nice to see tons of folks still about! =)

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 15, 2019, 06:06:46 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 15, 2019, 06:06:46 PM
OMG Jedi is back! Dude it's been ages, nice to see you again!

Hey there dude! How's it been going here? I trust the fanfic section's still kicking, along with you? ;)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hehe, funny how we all transition into boring adults over the years!  :nyah :nyah :nyah

J/K

Welcome back.  I'm not around much but someone told me you showed up and I had to say hi!!!  My big news is I have a house now, and have been teaching 11 years now.  I probably started just as you left.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd say it certainly does as I was in the same boat as you are as I only came back a couple years ago after being away for 5 or so years :p

Welcome back! Good to see another member return!  :)littlefoot

And yes the Discord server is a lot of fun!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hehe, funny how we all transition into boring adults over the years!  :nyah :nyah :nyah

J/K

Welcome back.  I'm not around much but someone told me you showed up and I had to say hi!!!  My big news is I have a house now, and have been teaching 11 years now.  I probably started just as you left.

Oh wow, that's fantastic! I think I recall reading a poat or two about you teaching, and I'm delighted to see you're going strong! Congrats on the house too, I know that struggle too well! I'm in an apartment with the husband the size of a sardine tin.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd say it certainly does as I was in the same boat as you are as I only came back a couple years ago after being away for 5 or so years :p

Welcome back! Good to see another member return!  :)littlefoot

And yes the Discord server is a lot of fun!

Hey, good to know I'm in excellent company! Tbh a slower paced forum post system is exactly the speed I'm looking for these days, and after a quick glance I think I'll be popping into the Discord at least once in a while~

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Welcome back! You most likely don’t me since I joined last May, but it’s always a wonderful thing to see a member return!  :Mo
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome back! You most likely don’t me since I joined last May, but it’s always a wonderful thing to see a member return!  :Mo

Well hey there! Always awesome to meet a new face around this place =)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Hello! I'm also relatively new, so you probably don't know me either, but it's nice to see some of the old guard return!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello! I'm also relatively new, so you probably don't know me either, but it's nice to see some of the old guard return!

Hey there! It's wonderful to meet you as well! I suppose I do fit into that old guard bit now, don't I? x3

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can only second what others have already said but greetings from me as well! :smile