The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I was wondering, should having it turn out that

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, say like in Spider Man 3, it turns it was someone else who killed an important character (in our case, Mama Longneck)?  

I mean, there are ways it could be done.

1.)  We don't know what happened before Mama Longneck confronted Sharptooth.  Sharptooth might not have hunted alone.

2.)  There was a sort of time gap between when they are running after Sharptooth's fall and when Littlefoot finds her.  Perhaps she might have survived Sharptooth's attack, but her other attacker, who had somehow survived being knocked away by her earlier, and didn't want her to live as she had seen his face and knew his secret, had come and attacked her so that she would not survive her new injuries.   Then, she tail whacked the guy, and he appeared to have fallen to his death, so she never bothered to tell Littlefoot about him.  He then climbed back up  a vine and was going to eat the fallen Mama Longneck and go after Littlefoot.  However, other Leaf Eaters, perhaps looking for survivors of the Great Earthshake, were coming, forcing him to flee.  The bad guy was closing in on Littlefoot, but had lost him when Littlefoot went to Rooter.  The bad guy eventually found Rooter, but Rooter wouldn't tell him anything.  So, the bad guy, determined not to let a victim get away, decided that he'd knock off Littlefoot if he ever found him.

Would that scenario ever work in LBT or would having that happen, so late in the saga, be a very bad idea to change what and whom killed her?  

I know it's not impossible to have it happen in LBT as we suddenly had Bron come out of nowhere in film 10.  

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How could adding complexity to this part of the plot increase its artistic value? I'm no master writer, but to me it seems wholly unnecessary.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was meaning that maybe this would turn out to be so, say, in movie 15 or later.   We wouldn't know that someone else had had a role till Littlefoot was at least a teenager.  

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Feb 19 2015 on  05:37 PM
Ok, say like in Spider Man 3, it turns it was someone else who killed an important character (in our case, Mama Longneck)?  

I mean, there are ways it could be done.

1.)  We don't know what happened before Mama Longneck confronted Sharptooth.  Sharptooth might not have hunted alone.

2.)  There was a sort of time gap between when they are running after Sharptooth's fall and when Littlefoot finds her.  Perhaps she might have survived Sharptooth's attack, but her other attacker, who had somehow survived being knocked away by her earlier, and didn't want her to live as she had seen his face and knew his secret, had come and attacked her so that she would not survive her new injuries.   Then, she tail whacked the guy, and he appeared to have fallen to his death, so she never bothered to tell Littlefoot about him.  He then climbed back up  a vine and was going to eat the fallen Mama Longneck and go after Littlefoot.  However, other Leaf Eaters, perhaps looking for survivors of the Great Earthshake, were coming, forcing him to flee.  The bad guy was closing in on Littlefoot, but had lost him when Littlefoot went to Rooter.  The bad guy eventually found Rooter, but Rooter wouldn't tell him anything.  So, the bad guy, determined not to let a victim get away, decided that he'd knock off Littlefoot if he ever found him.

Would that scenario ever work in LBT or would having that happen, so late in the saga, be a very bad idea to change what and whom killed her?  

I know it's not impossible to have it happen in LBT as we suddenly had Bron come out of nowhere in film 10.
If this incredibly brilliant idea happened...

DA-DA-DAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
One idea you could try is, instead of creating poll after poll with different questions that have something to do with your fanfic, why not just make a singular post, and just ask the questions, and for advice? Having so many topics can get annoying to some members. Keeping everything in a single spot would make the board feel less 'cluttered', and it would be easier to keep track of any suggestions and feedback you have gotten.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bad idea... and Darkhououmon is totally right  <_<
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It's a scenario for a totally different story genre. In case of crime thrillers, detective stories or murder mysteries such scenarios make sense. In case of LBT we are not having any "crimes" but the struggle for survival which, in case of the carnivores, includes hunting and killing.
Littlefoot is also not the type of character for a kind of Captain Ahab hunt for the killer of his mother. More likely than not Littlefoot would have never gone after the Sharptooth of the original movie had not said Sharptooth pursued him and been a constant threat to him, his friends and the Great Valley.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Personally, I don't find it necessary to have someone else involved in Littlefoot's mother's death. I think it's safe to assume that the wound Sharptooth gave her was fatal on its own and she would have bled to death anyway. She may have also suffered more damage as she was found collapsed. Perhaps the earthshake caused her to fall, which would have been lethal to a big animal like that. Something might have been broken and she may have also been suffering internal bleeding.

Adding another villain on the side lines would make it more complicated than it needs to be. What's wrong with having Sharptooth acting on his own? Why does he need to be partnered up with anyone?

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It's way too late to change the first film. The first film came out almost 27 years ago. You also have to consider, back then no one knew there would be a sequel at all.

Point is, it would make no sense to change what happened in the first film. What happened to Littlefoot's mother was pretty much written in cement, long ago.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I fail to see the point. Mama Longneck's death was a very memorable tragic event the entire movie was based on. To change it would be like trying to improve the smile of Mona Lisa. :p

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Feb 19 2015 on  05:37 PM
This entire idea falls apart at the seams because WE SEE THE SHARPTOOTH DEAL THE FATAL BLOW. I don't care if they needed Bron out of nowhere. We see the fight between Mama Longneck and the Sharptooth happen. We see him jump onto her back and tear into her neck. There's no denying that the Sharptooth killed her. Period.
What purpose would this even serve? This plot twist was also incredibly dumb in Spider-man 3. I can't think of a single person who liked it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf