The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Merry Christmas

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Since I don't know for certain about when or how much I may or may not get the chance to get online during the days to come I already want to wish all of you a very happy and "besinnliche" (yes, I know it is kind of stupid to throw in German words, but I don't think the translations "reflective" or "contemplative" are carrying the same meaning. It is not the primarily inteclectual reflection or contemplation I am refering to) Christmas. :)
I've had a bit of an rough evening and hope that the mood of it and of matters unsolved are not going to be carried on through these days on which I hope to be neither reflecting not contemplating on these matters ;)
All the best to you and may your celebration be cheerful and untainted by the worries and concerns of less cherished days of the year.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas! :celebrate

I hope you all will have some fun and peace with your families, friends, etc. :yes Oh, and a yummy X-mas dinner  :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas.  :) I hope that you all have a great time with family and friends during this special time of the year.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas everyone.

I know for a fact my Christmas will be way different thrn you guys's Christmas.

For one thing,it's Summer for me..and Winter in the North. But hey,I would not swap an Australian style Christmas for anything   :lol

Have a wonderful safe and great Christmas everyone,stay warm..or in my case Ill be trying to avoid overheating. Enjoy this special day that only comes around once a year.

Bet wishes to you all for 2015,however you celebrate Christmas have a good time.

Oh and enjoy the presents...cause everyone loves presents.hope you all get something you wnated,but still remember it's the thought that matters.

I am curious actually-how is Christmas celebrated in other parts of the world?

In Australia,since it is Summer. We have BBQ and play sports..very different then Europe I say.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Froliche Weinachten to my German friends, and merry Christmas to everyone! I will be spending the holidays at home with my family.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas everyone! We just had barbecue ourselves, Nahla.  :smile Snow is becoming a thing of the past in most of Europe.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas to all of you.

Chrismas in The Netherlands is mostly a religious/family celebration. Everyone gets time off for it, but it is not the main gift-giving season. We give kids presents on the 5th of December during Sinterklaas. Although this year I heard on the radio that the amount spent on gifts this year has been higher for Christmas than it was for Sinterklaas.

May your Christmasses be more cheerful and less headache-inducing than mine!

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Feliz Navidad! :DD

My brother is going to pick me up this afternoon, and I'm gonna spend the night at his house, with family. Gonna get to open the stockings Christmas Eve night, and then open presents with them in the morning, before I'll have to go back home, and get some sleep before going back to work Christmas night.

Just wanna wish everyone here a Merry Christmas now, because I'll be tied up for a couple days. :)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hope everyone here has a great Christmas and a great New Year.  I'll be home alone like usual, but things can be much worst.  For presents I got myself some stuff.  I put it into a box and in the evening I close my eyes to reach into the box to pull out something.  So though I know what I have I have no idea what item I'll pull out.  Silly maybe but It was an idea I got a year or so ago.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas everybody! I hope everyone has a fabulous time this year!

Christmas is very routine for my family and I. In the morning my mum will put in the turkey and beef, and we'll open the presents. Then we'll go to the pub for a drink, come home, have Christmas dinner, and then chill out and watch crappy Christmas films while eating loads of chocolate. Hopefully my mum will stop fussing now. She panics every year about cooking dinner and having everything ready. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hello, my old friends; it's been too long.

A lot has happened to me in the past year: my mom got a new job in Nevada; I took two semesters of graduate school at the University of Minnesota to earn a certificate in environmental education; one of my brothers returned from a year in China, while another spent a month in Namibia (leaving me as the only person in the family who has never been outside the U.S.); and I built and wore the largest and most elaborate Halloween costume I think most of the people I met that season had ever seen. It was a year filled with frustrations, regrets, and bouts of depression (some of them rather severe). One of those regrets was that I did not spend more time on the GOF; that I have neglected my beloved forum to the point that I have virtually slid into obscurity. I felt that the least I could do was drop in to say hello on Christmas Day.

This was a very atypical Christmas for me. For one, the whole family convened at my mom's new house in Nevada; the first Christmas I think I've ever spent outside my hometown. The change in scenery permitted us to do something we have never been able to do in Minnesota: open our presents outside. :p Instead of the aluminum Christmas tree and decorations we usually dig out of the garage every year, we had a four-foot high tabletop tree with no decorations apart from pinecones (which we also moved outside along with the presents). One of my Christmas gifts was my first new cell phone in nearly nine years (and my second cell phone overall). :wow The phone was accompanied by a card depicting a Tyrannosaurus attempting to place a star on top of a Christmas tree, inside which my parents had written, "If you can find 10 things wrong with this picture, you can keep this phone." :lol And at dinnertime, for the first time ever, I ate dates stuffed with cream cheese (a traditional Christmas dinner treat from my mother's side of the family, which I had never heard about before).

I'm not sure what else I can say for now, other than that I've missed you all, and wish you a very happy holiday season. :celebrate

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
Merry Christmas,  my fellow LBT-lovers! It is already the 26th here, but I have enjoyed today very much. My dad got me a new tablet (a Samsung GALAXY Tab4) and I'm (mostly,  hehe) using it as a scheduling device for my freelance art job. Today was great getting to see relatives. I get to see friends on Saturday for a party! Can't wait!

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Merry (belated) Christmas to all the forum members here.  May your next year be filled with warm wishes and jollity. :)