The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Secrets of Saurus Rock

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I was recently rewatching The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock. I noticed that the legend of Lone Dinosaur has major Edenic and Biblical overtones. The Great Valley comes across as Eden (as Grand Pa Longneck tells the story of Creation), then the Meanest Sharptooth arrives (Satan, the serpent in Garden), then Doc or Lone Dinosaur defeats the Meanest Sharptooth, and is refereed to in god like terms, like "He'll always be there when you need him," and "Don't worry Spike, the Lone Dinosaur will protect us." Is Doc or Lone dinosaur an allegory in LBT of God, and even perhaps Christ, He even has the scars from Sharptooth, just as Jesus has scars from His Crucifixion and defeat of Satan (Isaiah 53, Hebrew 2:14-18 , 1 John 3:8). I am not saying its a perfect allegory, but are there allusions? The Secret of Saurus Rock begins with a Creation Story tone, more so than rest with atypical opening and narration, Grand Pa is talking about tales of how things began. The actual arrival of Saurus Rock has supernatural elements and reminds me of an allusion to the True Cross or at least the Tomb of Christ. That being said Doc at first seem to behave like a messianic figure, but he being loner actual fits has an allusion to Christ, "But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." (Luke 5:16).

It would make perfect sense a Diplodocus or Brontosauria would allegorically represent God, because in Bible the Behemoth which is same creation can only be tamed by God and is only Dinosaur directly mentioned, "Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you; he eats grass like an ox. Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are close-knit. Behold, his strength in his loins, and his power in the muscles of his belly. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like bars of iron. It is a prime example of God’s handiwork, and only its Creator can threaten it." -(Job 14:15-24. Holy Bible)

Edit: I am aware the Lone Dinosaur is suppose to have connections to Lone Ranger, but take into account the information in rest of film.  

Thoughts?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith