The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Music from The Land Before Time series

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
The tracks have a number of reused music in them. Although I like the mixes of tracks done to make it less repetitive so that's a good thing, and hey, there are no missing tracks from XIV either I believe :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I mean with a whopping 46 tracks I think we have all of it  ;)

Well except track uh 40 I believe called "v2". The ending was missing so I had to make a ghastly cut

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well unfortunately the soundtrack for II and III only have 4 tracks each.
I used Audacity to remove the vocal spectrum on the unavailable tracks from recording the audio from the movie they were in. This removes a lot of the voices and sounds so it's almost like you're listening to the full thing! I should link you the topic I made for it and maybe they could be added to the project?

Edit: Here's the topic, take a listen to them: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=16082
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Allosaurus Chase Theme is actually "The Rescue/Discovery of the Great Valley in LBT 1's score.
Parents is actually a mix between "Predator" and "Fire" in LBT 3's score.
Plates is also a mix of these two
Predator (Full Version) is actually "Predator" in LBT 3's score
Some of the above three have "The Attack" from LBT 4 in them.

I will get back to you on If We Hold on Together (Tavera Version), Rescue Sequence, and Sharptooth Danger Theme, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to locate those aside from Rescue Sequence (although the beginning of Rescue Sequence is from the early sequels).

Will get back to this soon :wave

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ludichris1,Oct 7 2017 on  04:44 PM
Allosaurus Chase Theme is actually "The Rescue/Discovery of the Great Valley in LBT 1's score.
Parents is actually a mix between "Predator" and "Fire" in LBT 3's score.
Plates is also a mix of these two
Predator (Full Version) is actually "Predator" in LBT 3's score
Some of the above three have "The Attack" from LBT 4 in them.

I will get back to you on If We Hold on Together (Tavera Version), Rescue Sequence, and Sharptooth Danger Theme, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to locate those aside from Rescue Sequence (although the beginning of Rescue Sequence is from the early sequels).

Will get back to this soon :wave
Well actually, the Allosaurus Chase Theme is an alternate version composed by Michael Tavera and not James Horner when he recomposed The Rescue/Discovery of the Great Valley in his own version. It isn't as intense and has some instrument differences so I tried to make it available. Compare it with the Horner version and you'll know.

The Parents theme is also the original version of Predator, and is completely unavailable. The track Tavera gave you of Predator is also incomplete, so I tried to put the missing music into a new track.

Plates is, yes, a mix, I mostly made it for people who like it including me. I don't know about The Attack being in them though.

The beginning parts of Rescue Sequence are in VII, but it are unavailable.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Can you convert to 320 mp3? And do you have the original files before sound-removal

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can convert some of them to mp3, a number of them are already in mp3. Others are Ogg Vorbis files, only shrunken to upload them in Discord chats. I have Parents and Predator before sound removal, but not the others, however if needed I can re-record the audio from the movies before sound removal.

Uh...what do you mean by "320" mp3?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
320 kilobits per second data rate
I'm just saying that the sound removal in Audacity isn't very refined and has to be used quiet sparingly or specifically else it's more trouble than it's worth. People heard these tracks from the movies anyway, so might as well keep the sounds. So I do need them in 320 kb/s mp3. Anything else is up to you though-- providing original versions converted to mp3, re-recording, re-naming or adding attributes etc. Technically it's your project so if you like it the way it is (as long as it's 320 kb/ps mp3) I'll upload it the way it is as a separate folder in Scores. i just need to know

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I'm just so, so happy this project exists. :^^spike

Thank you for posting this here, and many, many thanks to Mike Tavera--if you ever read this--for releasing all of this music. Words really can't say how grateful I am. This is the essence of my childhood, all in one folder.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! :DD

Sarah

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I have been listening to the music again and again. It is so great! No one can express in words, what a great work you did! I can not explain how happy I was, when I found the scores of Micheal Tavera! I also had nearly forgotten "No one has to be alone". (I don't know,  how this could happen to me!) It is one of the best "Land Before Time"-Songs! It gave me such a wonderful feeling when I heard it again! Thank you so much for reminding me of it!!!
Thank you! Thank you for searching, for singing, for making music, for collecting it and for posting it here! Thank you for your efforts!!!
Thank you everyone!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

mattpoulin789

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Music from The Land Before Time series

The completely revised project has been uploaded! Check it out here!
(topic title: "The Land Before Time Sequels Music Collection" in the General subsection)

I am just wondering if you could add my The Land Before Time 14 song files & TV Show song files to the project my The Land Before Time Music Root Directory is below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15uDggKYMbC7IRtY9UaQtFgFIthHnlYe9

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile