The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Locations in LBT movies

Serris · 11 · 1867

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
As you know I'm in the process of writing an LBT "war fanfic" (DO NOT provide your opinion of it on this thread!! I know Malte disapproves of the idea, but I'm going to write it anyway. :p ) and I need to know the locations mentioned by name in the series.

I know of:

The Great Valley
The Mysterious Beyond
The Big Water
"Chomper's Island" (Where Chomper and his family live)
Saurus Rock
Two Boulder Pass

I know there's more, but I can't think of them. Can anyone help?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Threehorn Peak.
Thundering Falls...if you want to consider that a place.
Uhhhm....The Hot Springs? Again, if you want to consider that one a place.

That's my input anyway...I thought I would have more but Iunno. Haha.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Possible ones:

Berry Valley
the great stone walkover
Black Rock
Hanging Rock
Canyon of Shiny Stones
Hidden Canyon
Meadow of Jumping Waters
Secret Caverns
Cave of Many Voices

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The sinking sands (LBT 2)
The burning mountain (with the crater being referred to as the "gurgling pit" if memory doesn't cheat me) (LBT 2)
The bubbling muds (LBT 6)

There are also a number of notable locations which are never given a real name in the movies, e.g. the place where the grownups meet in LBT 7, a couple of "lookout ledges" from where you have a good view into the mysterious beyond (LBT 3 and 4). The different passages into the Mysterious Beyond etc.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Can we count places named by the Narrator (or "Spokes Dinosaur," according to the credits)? Cause then we can add Earth :DD .

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jan 25 2008 on  08:18 PM
Can we count places named by the Narrator (or "Spokes Dinosaur," according to the credits)?
Where is the narrator credited as "Spokes Dinosaur"? Every LBT move I have seen credits him as "narrator". I have up to LBT 9 (LBT 7 is missing)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I think it was in the first one. And on Wikipedia it says Jeff Bennett played Petrie and the narrator/spokes dinosaur in LBT 7 (ironically the one you're missing   <_<  )

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I don't know if you're still writing fanfics, but the wiki has a whole category of LBT locations.
http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/Category%3ALocations
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for sharing this! Even if I believe Serris is done with his fics, this page could help us other writers!  :yes

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Not ALL of them are official names, but helpful nonetheless. Gotta name it something at least.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)