The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

You Just Burst My (Happy) Bubble Don! :-(

Petrie. · 63 · 22743

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
A shame really...but what can we do, ya know?
I would like to see an anniversery DVD of some sort with a good handfull of Don's movies, includeing LBT.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To bad they can't put those cut scenes in as an uncut version or something.  But my guess is they destroyed the cut scenes.  It would likely improve the movie even more if they put them on some sort of an uncut dvd version.

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I hope there will be some tribute to the original at least by November. I don't care what Don Bluth says. Throw us anything, at least a "thank you for keepin' it alive" message from anyone involved with the movie's production. So some scenes were cut; that didn't keep the movie from having such a large impact.

I wouldn't mind a new DVD release either, even if it is released a little over the original's 20th Anniversary. Give it some acknowledgement at the very least.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may happen, but it looks like they'll do nothing really special sad to say.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...Yeah...  It does make one wonder, though, since this was a kids movie...  How successful would The Land Before Time have become today, if those scenes that were cut, would have remained?  (It's easily one of most successful animated franchises of all time...)  That's a question that I've asked before, though not on the web.  ...It really doesn't make too much of a difference to me; The Land Before Time is, as it is.  As it stands, so it is.  It's exactly how we all remember it from our childhoods (or whenever), and that's the most important thing.  It simply is.  Don't take it too hard, guys...  It'll be okay... ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Plus they could sell 2 versions, the theatrical version and the director's cut version.  Some folks would buy both, 1 to show to the kids and 1 to watch when the kids are older or when the kids are in bed or away from home visiting or camping.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, its later August 2008. I don't want to be a dreamy crasher, but I think the verdict is finally in. We will not be getting the 20th Anniversary we've been not-so-secretly begging Bluth for for years now.

Better luck for a 25th Edition, though, perhaps?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
If anyone has seen the original trailer, there are a few of the missing scenes in it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you mean the original trailer for LBT I had found the original trailer on youtube and put the link in the lbt wiki page for the movie.   But on checking the link it seems it is no longer avaliable

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I researched and found another copy of the same type.  It seems to be the original 80's trailer.  I can't conform it since at the moment the pc has no sound, till I unplug it from the power strip.  

I would post the link, but it seems the link sometimes works and sometimes it does not.

The only thing that seems to work is to go to youtube and look for

80's The Land Before Time TV Trailer Commercial

Even with that all you get is maybe a 50/50 chance it'll work.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, that is it.  I didn't post a link since it didn't work for me every time I tried, but only about 50/50.

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"It depends on what the footage is. The scenes from LBT were cut from the final release because it showed footage of the five dinosaurs in great peril, along side with more violent T-Rex encounters. Since this was supposed to be a movie for children, footage like that would leave too much of a dark impact on them."

Yeah, apparently some of the people who produced the movie thought these scenes would cause psychological damage to children. This may sound weird, but now that I'm older and understand so much more about this movie, I have a hard time remembering it's a kid's movie.

But it really is a shame that we're not getting those scenes back. [/extremelylate] I personally would have loved to see those deleted scenes. They went more into Sharptooth encounters and showed why the kids had to travel to the Great Valley without any adults. Since they had to put insomething that showed the lack of adults in most of the movie, the only very violent scene that was kept was Littlefoot's mom fighting Sharptooth.

I read somewhere that a lot of the deleted scenes had adults dying, or something like that. I am very interested in seeing what "great perils" the kids ended up in...

Most of this is rambling, but I, too, am disappointed that we aren't getting those scenes in anniversary releases. Then again, now that I think about it, if I'd seen those deleted scenes when i was younger, maybe I WOULD get psychological damage.  :neutral

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I was watching a commercial on youtube about the puppets pizza hut gave away whilst the film was in theatres, and one of the removed scenes is shown. I guess it would have been the final scene in the film origionally.

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
And here is the one I just found. It has the removed scene that would have been the final one before the credits.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSYIrLIF7w&NR=1