The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rango: Legend of the Sierra Negra Discussion

Pterano · 48 · 5183

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If I did a 2nd character I'd do one based a bit on Annie Oakley, & bits of her husband (frank Bulter, but not sure what species may fit best for Annie Oakley.  Any suggestions.  was thinking of her earlier today.   Not sure of the gender or if the character would focus on riffles only or do both pistols and rifles.

Or if Pterano would rather not have one of those, maybe as a knife thrower instead.

Though a snake oc may interest me.  Not sure what species.  A smaller or younger one maybe if I did one.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK so from what I can see right now, Kor's got several character concepts, but I'll go ahead and start a list of claimed characters so far. :yes I'll take Buford as well. :)

Beans: SES
Rattlesnake Jake: SES
Chip: SES
Bad Bill: Pterano
Rango: Pterano (tentative)
Buford: Pterano

Oh yes, Bushwacked, as far as how gritty you can make it, I'd say in the spirit of the film is fine, as the film was pretty gritty in some aspects. :p Can always run something by me in PM if you aren't sure. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think my strongman gila monster may be named John Sandow.  I found a web page about some 18 and 19th century strong man stunts and picked those names from 2 different strong men.  

I was thinking also maybe picking a coral snake.  I did some online research into snakes and there are at least 2 in the us, Texas & an Arizona species.  They look very thin and don't get to large, 18 inches to 2 feet roughly are the usual sizes.  Doing one as a sharpshooter with rifles & pistols may be to odd, except maybe with custom made handles.  Longer and thinner maybe, or at least longer handles for a pistol or pistols.  the rifle could be almost as is or have part of the stock, that normally humans rest against their shoulder, be thinner and longer.   I'd guess he could not wear these, but maybe normally for a show they are already present, or he could carry one with his tail, or have John carry them around for him, for the rp purposes.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Your snake character could be a sharpshooter and have a gun like Rattlesnake Jake, Kor :) Here
I've seen a lot of snake fancharacters go the same route in Rango Fanfiction. Or being a coral snake, you can use venom as a primary option :3
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Has a special gun on the end of his tail? Interesting idea, never thought of that myself, a tail gun.    Venom may be a melee option in a fight.  Thanks for the ideas.

Edit:  Looks like that gun of Jake's could hold a lot of ammo.  

Looking around for a gun for John Sandow, I'm not sure if I'd prefer a normal pistol & rifle, something like what Milly Thompson (from Trigun) used, a type of gatling gun rifle (though hers is a type of stun gun), or a youtube video I found of someone talking about a gatling pistol, and showing his make of it, no idea if such a thing really existed or not.  I guess it is fictional since I did research and could not find any information, but his video, about a gatling pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyXF80YCCgg

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Righty, here's my character info, hope it's okay :)

Name: Stirrup

Species: Zebra-Tailed lizard

Appearance: Thin and tall, with a long tail. Skin is almost all black with a few white splodges of colour across it. Bright yellow eyes. Wears a gun belt slung low across his waist with a 6 shooter revolver, and a dirty black Stetson hat with several tears in it.

Personality: Vicious, sadistic, general douche

Brief bio: Stirrup grew up in a family where if you wanted something, you took it. Eventually, at a young age his father and older brother began bringing him along on their bonding activities - robbing banks, something which he soon came to start enjoying.
When he was a teenager, the local law enforcement tracked down his family ranch. The lizard managed to escape, leaving his family to their fate, and tried to start a living on his own but soon found he couldn't resist the life of a thief. He assumed the name of Stirrup and soon got back to doing what he likes best - making money the easy way.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
[Sorry, didn't realize that this post would be so long]

Name : John Sandow

Species : Gila Monster

Appearance : very tall and very muscular.  Back east he will usually dress in one of his strong man outfits when he's going to perform, or when he's not in casual wear or a casual suit.  While traveling in the western areas he tends to wear very casual wear, not seeing the need for the casual suit that he'd usually wear in the eastern cities, though he does bring a change of clothes, for occasions where he may want or need to wear such things.  

For personal weapons he has a Gatling pistol with a clip to feed the bullets instead of having to always have a belt fed bullets, though it could take those.  It is a .30 caliber pistol.    It doesn't need to be cranked.  He also has a large knife at times.

He also has some fingerless gloves that have 3 layers, soft for wearing next to his skin, chain-mail for protection for the second layer and topped with regular leather.  His boots are steel toe.  He also has a pair of gloves more like metal gauntlets, but seldom wears these.  

One of his many strong man tricks is to use a modified gatling gun, holding it in one hand and cranking it with the other, instead of using a stand.  Though with this accuracy is practically zero.  It's meant for a strong man display, not a personal weapon.  This is often kept in a wagon, or on his strong man equipment area along with some other things he has for his strong man stunts.  When moving with the circus he takes all of it with him.  

Personality : For being a large person he is a nice laid back fellow, instead of a natural bully.  He is strong willed but quiet about it and hard, if not impossible to be intimidated. Some may refer to him as gentle giant, though he can get mad. He has a good head for business also.

Brief Bio : He noticed he was stronger then other kids his age & started to lift heavy things and do other things to build up his strength.  He also often would stand up for those who would bully smaller folks, getting to where he could lift and throw most others.  He also started doing shows for fun to show off his strength, working on some exercises to build his strength.  After taking a job as a body guard for extra money did such a good job of it that the person had a custom pistol made that he calls a gatling pistol made for John.

A passing person putting together a circus saw one of his shows and recruited him.  He saved his money, living as a near pauper as an older teen and put some money into the circus.  Later this circus merged with another one to form a larger circus thus making him part owner of this circus also.  Thus he gets money not from just being a strong man but also part owner of a circus.  This merged circus often travels by train so they can stay longer in large cities.  He is still saving most of his money since he has a goal to buy 1 or more buildings in the city where the circus winters so he can have it be a museum to circus history with perhaps a nearby building where some circus folks can put on a show now and then and maybe an apartment for circus folks to live in.  He has a decent amount of money coming in since he has made some smart investments.  He only performs as a strong man part of the year since when the circus merged the other one had a strong man also who didn't mind and suggested that they could take turns, taking half the tour to do strong man shows and the other half back with their family that doesn't go with them by circus. Having several sources of money he suggested to the other strong man that he personally would do 4 or 5 months and the other strong man can take the rest of the months to perform since he is not married and has less need for money, playing down he had several sources of money then just performing.

==================

Name : Jack A. Worthington

Species : Coral Snake

Appearance : has the usual coral snake coloration, and easily mistaken for a milk snake by those who don't know the difference that as a north American snake that if red touches yellow, as it does on him, is a sign he is a poisonous snake.  He wears a hat, depending on the area it is either a bowler or a more stereotypical hat, depending what most others are wearing in the area he goes to.

He has several custom made guns.  one is similar to Rattlesnake Jake's gun.  Another has fewer cylinders but has a barrel for higher accuracy.  Though he still has his full tail so it doesn't look exactly like Rattlesnake Jake's, (since his tail comes to an abrupt end and has no real tip) & he uses the very end of his tail to pull the trigger.  

Personality : Not afraid to speak his mind.  Strong willed and not as quiet about it, but knows when it is best to speak his mind.  Isn't afraid to use his fangs in combat.  

Brief Bio : Was out traveling with his family and when they were attacked by bandits he picked up a rifle dropped by someone who had been shot and though not made for someone using a tail to shot did manage to aim it and pull the trigger with the tip of his tail.  This showed him he was a crack shot and his family encouraged him to develop his skill.  He started doing a sharpshooter skill with his father as his manager.  With the money he made he put some aside to have a gun designed for a snake made, then another one so he'd have 2 types.  They later agreed to join a circus.  He later met John Sandow when the 2 circuses merged.  He was surprised that a strong man was also part owner of the other circus and with the merging of this one also.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I accept all these applications. :yes Looks good so far! I think if everyone's mostly ready, we can get this started soon. What's everyone think? :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Absolutely! Should probably post sumthin' fer Chip, then....

Full Name~ Addison Matias Gregorio Wilder
  Nickname or Alias~ "Matt" or "Addy" to those who know him, "Chip Ferret" to those who don't

Species~ Black-footed Ferret

Build~ Wiry, agile, strong, quick

Age~ 34

Religion~ Former Catholic

Family~ (Padre)James Medley Wilder (deceased), (Madre)Sofia-Camila Mirana Delgado Wilder

Weapon of Choice~ Machete

Personality~ Chip is loudmouthed, brash, immature, and crafty
  He has rare moments of courage when he's a) either too irritated to care or b) when it suits his interests
  He has a rather unorthodox code of honor - basically, he'll do anything at the drop of a hat, be it moral or otherwise
  He has no qualms about stealing or manipulation
  He is quite chauvenistic, and will often insult women even if it's unintentional
  He is fast and deadly with a blade

Mannerisms~ Fiddling with his tail/machete
  For the most part, being a jerk
  Complaining
  Yelling
  Putting his foot in his mouth

Let's get this showdown on the road! Yeehaw!! :DD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome! Heheh, only "Chip Ferret" to those who don't. :p :DD

Great! Now that two out of three have responded, I'll go ahead and get this started! :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
RP is up under Legend of the Sierra Negra!

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess I have to come up with a new character or 2 since John things the townsfolk don't want him in town and being his employer Jack would go with him.  

I'd rather keep the both of them.  The only other character idea I have is maybe a deputy us marshal.  From what I read about the historical old west years ago, a full us marshal was mainly an office/desk job.  The main ones who went around and did stuff were the Deputy us marshals.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Kor, you have full control over your characters, and it's up to YOU to run them however you want, OK? Nobody's making you leave, you're the one taking that initiative. I'm sure you can come up with some reason for them to stick around if you really want them to stay.

It seems like you're just giving them incredibly thin skin for old west type characters and having them give up rather easily cause their feelings were hurt or something. :p I don't really know cause I'm not you nor writing from your perspective, but you have ultimate control over what they do.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They are not use to being around gunslingers and the type, being circus performers and in johns case a part circus owner.   guess those ideas don't fit.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You can take any situation and turn it around. If you feel you really need other characters, that's up to you, but with that said, I feel you can make them fit in as well.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If my original characters dont' fit I have to think of a new species for the other one, or 2 if I do 2 more.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You're the one who's saying they don't fit though. That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm saying you can take this situation, which isn't really a tough situation to begin with, and turn it to however you want it in regards your characters. You're the one who just kinda had them walk away after they were insulted. That's kind of the nature of this RP: we're playing rough around the edges characters, and we've all insulted each other in good fun in this RP, which has made it awesome so far I think. I really love the tension going. :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)