The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rango: Legend of the Sierra Negra Discussion

Pterano · 48 · 5179

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I plan on starting a Rango RP pretty soon, and thought I'd get the discussion thread up for it. This will be called the "Legend of the Sierra Negra", and will be set after Rango's become established as sheriff of Dirt. OCs are most certainly welcome, but I make one request: if you wish to play as Rango, you MUST be active in this RP, or you'll lose the character to a more active player.

The only canon character I'll initially be playing as will be Bad Bill, though I may take more later on depending on number of interested players. I'll also be introducing an OC of mine.

Plot: Rango is settling into his new role as sheriff of Dirt, but when a mysterious stranger arrives in town one day bearing an odd tale about the Sierra Negra mountain range, his arrival seems to portend darker things. Tales abound of a great treasure beneath the mountains, but also of a terrible creature named Malachus who guards it. Known as a great evil in the desert, no one has ever lived to see Malachus for very long, and hence, his real nature, and even possible existence, can't even be confirmed, but he's rumored to be so fierce, he's on par with even Rattlesnake Jake. The newcomer has gaps missing in his memory, and is convinced Malachus has something to do with it, but when one of Malachus's sinister agents attacks Dirt later on, the story suddenly becomes personal, and Rango decides to find out if the legend of the Sierra Negra really is true.

So yeah! This'll feature a big plot, gun-slinging, the mythos of the wild west, and plenty of action. :) Who's interested? :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  I've seen the early part of the movie.  Sounds like an interesting plot & setting.

Any particular species not wanted in the rp, or wanted/preferred?

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Ooh, Rango's one of my favourite films - I wouldn't mind joining if you'd have me  :yes I'll need to think of a character though.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Kor: I'm open to really any OC, though just bear in mind, the bigger critters tend to be higher up on the food chain, so might not be viable citizens of Dirt. But every application is open to review, so I won't rule out anything until I see it.

Bushwacked: Yeah! It's an awesome film! :DD Happy to have you, and take your time, there's no rush. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So I guess stuff like snakes, gila monsters are to large, but maybe horned toads (a type of lizard) anole's small birds, ect.  

I'll have to rewatch the movie or find some clips.  I recall enjoying it.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Snakes and Gila monsters are fine, as Bad Bill is a Gila monster and he was one of the mayor's thugs, and of course, the famous snake character is Rattlesnake Jake, but he was the only one to appear in the film and he was extremely feared, so I'm thinking snakes are a tad more rare. The main reason Jake didn't show up early on was because the hawk that Rango accidentally killed kept him away from the town.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are Gila Monsters restricted to bad guys only then?  

Snakes may well be very rare indeed.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No, I would say they're not, since other reptiles show up as good guys in the movie.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ok.  I do have some ideas for a character, a Gila monster race.  

Not sure which ideas I'll use.  Some are a former circus strong man, prospector (moderately successful), maybe owns a ranch, property in town.  Just for some scattered ideas.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Any of those work, and I'll be playing as a canon Gila monster myself, in addition to the OC I'll be introducing. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm playing as Bad Bill.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He comes back to tangle with Rango again I guess.  To get even.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You'll see what plans I have for him. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ooh! I'm in love with the plot already! And my machete-wielding chauvenistic ferret is highly interested, too!
How many characters will there be per person? I've had experience playing Beans and RSJ during other roleplays - lol my RSJ might not be as gritty as the canon version, but I can roughen up my vocab if it'll help^^
Also, is there an OC count? Not that I'm planning to overload on OC's - and Chip might be enough for this - but just wondering.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Uhhh well... there's technically no cap on OCs provided you can handle a lot of characters. :) It's more about not overwhelming yourself rather than me limiting you to just a few. :) There's no technical limit on how many characters you can call. Since we don't have many sign-ups yet, have it. :DD As for me, I'll take Rango if no one else does. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'd be okay with you taking the main man Rango himself  :) I'm getting closer to finalising my character, so should be able to put up a bio soon. Also, how gritty can we make it? I know the film wasn't too in your face with it, but some of the things that get said and done were pretty out there  :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like there may be around 4 players.  

Think I'll be doing a Gila Monster who's a circus strong man and part owner of the same circus.  Just for an idea of the character I plan on doing.  Though he isn't always at the circus during the whole year tour.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I guess Ill wrangle Beans for m'self, as well as RSJ, that is if there are no other takers for the dastardly Reaper hisself ;)
And my OC Chip AKA Addison Wilder - a Black-footed Ferret *punch the air!*
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein