The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie?

Ducky123 · 399 · 50284

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I can take it, don't worry. :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@rhombus & @Darkwolf91

Well, the idea of two ovis battling over food is certainly a good one  :lol These two may be a group of their own at first and join the others upon meeting them (though the others are going to have their misgivings, some of them at least).

@Snik & @Hypnobrai

You know, it would be really cool to have a pair of carnivores working together (reluctantly, kinda like Ichy and Dil maybe? :p). I picture them not even chasing the kids on purpose but they'll just keep running into them because they're also heading to the same place :lol:

@TheLoneDragon

Good work there, I had a feeling you'd go for a swimmer ^^spike

@Sovereign & @Fyn16

I guess you'll have to decide between the two of you if one of you would like to take another swimmer character (maybe they could be a sibling of Aquarius? Just a thought :))

I guess we should keep anything sexual out but some gore should be alright. Our character can get hurt, they're not the GoF xD

It seems like the tsunami is popular so I think we can definitely use it! However, I'm still in favor of having more than just one reason for them to get separated from their parents. Maybe the two ovis and my character at least could start further inland if that works with your planned backstories? Might get a bit boring to read about the tsunami like half a dozen times :p

I'm also in favor of a rather cool environment. Some survival scenes during winter would be great later on  :idea
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, Snik, what species of theropod do you want to be? I think I might be a Ceratosaurus or Giganotosaurus.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
That sounds good to me! It would make sense for my character to start off a bit farther inland. I did a little research and think I'm going to base the Hagryphus diet largely on that of the Cassowary- primarily Frugivorous with, as I mentioned, some Omnivorous tendencies (mostly small lizards, rodents, and carrion).
This would make them pose little to no danger to the group as far as predation goes, particularly as a youngling, but I imagine there will be a lot of moral and cultural objections to their dietary habits.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
So it seems like the gang is mostly made up of bipedal dinosaurs now, correct? In that case, I'll be narrowing down the list again. I'd be happy to take a Flyer if we don't currently have a "good guy" Flyer already. If we do, I'll add some quadrupeds to my list and go from there, to balance things out.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Aug 12 2017 on  01:51 AM
So, Snik, what species of theropod do you want to be? I think I might be a Ceratosaurus or Giganotosaurus.
well, since my character is flyer sharpbeak, I would say: none of them. :p

now question is: do you want to make hunting pact with such dinosaur? I warn you: usual sharpteeth would thin about him "this guy is odd. He is nuts".  ;)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It could work kind of like how Ichy and Dil work together, I'm the teeth. I'm the one who is gonna make the kill, unless they're small and slow enough for you too.

It could also work how Red Claw, Screech and Thud work together. Sometimes they'll split and scout out for food, kind of like in Return to Hanging Rock. They split up to cover more ground, and try to get more food for themselves. But if there's a big meal, they'll join up and take it on as a trio of carnivores.
Just look at Screech and Thud on the wiki. We explained the simple symbiosis there. I'll link it later, the explanation should make sense if mine doesn't.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've developed multiple ideas about my character's personality already but I'm open to Ducky's proposition about Aquarius if Lone Dragon is interested. If not, I guess I'll go with a threehorn. That's an okay outcome to me as well.   :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Aug 12 2017 on  04:00 PM
It could work kind of like how Ichy and Dil work together, I'm the teeth. I'm the one who is gonna make the kill, unless they're small and slow enough for you too.

It could also work how Red Claw, Screech and Thud work together. Sometimes they'll split and scout out for food, kind of like in Return to Hanging Rock. They split up to cover more ground, and try to get more food for themselves. But if there's a big meal, they'll join up and take it on as a trio of carnivores.
Just look at Screech and Thud on the wiki. We explained the simple symbiosis there. I'll link it later, the explanation should make sense if mine doesn't.
Yes, you're right. And I know that, since it's obvious.

My character is eyes, scout, observer. He can detect future prey from high above, even if prey is very-very small. And hunt on small prey due his fast air strikes.

In not-hunting time, he also observes all kind of dinosaurs. From skies and from shadows of terrain. Learns their movements, usual life, habits, and even speech. Weird person in eyes of SIMPLE USUAL LBT FILMS SHARTEETH.  :rolleyes

Hmm. Actually, this character and his unique behavior was born after another character, ground fast biter. That who knows how to talk on leafeaters' language. Maybe I should use not the "apprentice" but teacher?  :rolleyes:
6/14
0/26

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind having Sovereign as one of Aquarius siblings though I intended them to be younger but I'm more then happy for you to make up your own OC rather then following my original design.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for the offer, Lone Dragon, but lately my plans for my threehorn character have advanced greatly and I think that's the race I'll finally choose.  :) Sorry for my hesitation but now I think I have finally a character I can work with. I'll post my plans for him tomorrow.  :smile

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Alright, I've been doing some developing on my own time now, and I'm ready to post one of two characters I may play. Basically, whichever of these characters I choose will depend on what other people end up finalizing. I will post my second character idea, the Flyer, later, when his development is complete. This guy was an interesting one for me, as I set out from the start to create a highly flawed character, someone who could add an abrasive element to our little group.

Species: Ouranosaurus

Sex: Male

Coloration: Primarily a reddish brown "clay" color with a yellow sail, yellow dorsal stripe, and yellow, black and white markings around the face, snout, and belly.

Stance: Dual (both bipedal and quadrupedal)

Name: Orsur

Backstory: Orsur lived with his family farther inland when the Great Wave came. While his feeding grounds were virtually untouched by the disaster, they did not stay that way for long. In the wake of the disaster came hundreds if not thousands of displaced dinosaurs, and while many of them were simply peaceful herds looking for refuge, Orsus's encounter was not so lucky. When a herd of Spikethumbs (Iguanadon) moved in towards their feeding grounds, Orsur's family welcomed them openly, but their hospitality was not met in kind. Perhaps unaccustomed to the ways of the inland grazers, the Spikethumbs contested the Sailbeaks (Ouranosaurus) for their territory. Their immediate, brutal assault split the herds apart, and it was during one of these surprise skirmishes that Orsur was separated from his family. He would later come to learn that his father had been killed defending his mother and siblings while they fled. Orsur yearns for the day he can return to the feeding grounds and retake the lands he believe belong to his kind, but that day is many years away, and for now, he must try to survive, wandering alone as he struggles to survive each new day.

Personality: Orsur is quick to anger, and more likely to approach a situation based on gut feeling rather than strategy. This has nearly gotten him killed on several occasions, and it is an attitude which only became present within him after his herd's displacement. Due to the influence of the Spikethumbs' actions, Orsur is at best distrustful and at worst spiteful towards those who have sought refuge inland after the Great Wave. He has little faith in anyone, save for other Sailbeaks, and his abrasive nature has kept him isolated from other wanderers.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Species: Oviraptor philoceratops

Coloration: Incredibly bright blue with a flamboyantly purple crest on the head, the side of his arms, and in a fan on his tail. Though he is still a youngling, he has obtained the age in which to exhibit secondary sex characteristics.  As a result he has obtained his 'flashy' coloration in order to attract the females of his kind.  And, much to his dissatisfaction, also the attention of predators.

Stance: Bipedal

Name: Buko

Buko was an Oviraptor who had to flee when his father lost a territorial battle and another male took control of the females in the family unit (Oviraptorian species are believed to be polyandrous to an extreme degree, and he had several 'mothers' and one father) and proceeded to kill the other children so that the females would again become fertile.  He is traumatized with the knowledge that he fled without saving the younger batch of children and eggs (he was soon to go on his own anyway, but they were mere hatchlings) and now is trying to both survive on his own and (using the unique skills of his species) atone for his perceived failings.  He sees both his kind and himself as flawed and capable of extremes in violence and brutality, but he resolves to try to control those impulses for what his nest mothers told him were good ends.

But if he encounters a female of his kind will he be able to keep the feelings on imminent betrayal at bay?  Can he trust himself to control those impulses which caused another male to ruin his own family?  Can he find a family of his own from a wayward band of strangers?  Only time will tell.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do me and Snik have to do profiles for our antagonists?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
who had to flee when his father lost a territorial battle and another male took control of the females in the family unit (Oviraptorian species are believed to be polyandrous to an extreme degree, and he had several 'mothers' and one father) and proceeded to kill the other children so that the females would again become fertile. He is traumatized with the knowledge that he fled without saving the younger batch of children and eggs (he was soon to go on his own anyway, but they were mere hatchlings) and now is trying to both survive on his own and (using the unique skills of his species) atone for his perceived failings. He sees both his kind and himself as flawed and capable of extremes in violence and brutality, but he resolves to try to control those impulses for what his nest mothers told him were good ends.

But if he encounters a female of his kind will he be able to keep the feelings on imminent betrayal at bay?

wowowwowooww
oooooooooook
THAT is not in original LBT movie style.  :p

Too extreme for me, honestly.
But I don't mind if it's in the story.

------------

I guess yes, Hypnobrai. Ifm you have ready profile of your character, you can post it there. :)

As for me, I still need to make final decision.
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Rinen

Species: Triceratops or threehorn

Family: Rinen has a mother (father died in a leadership fight some time ago) and one sister and brother. His grandmother is long dead but his grandfather still lives: however, the older threehorn has a hard time accepting his grandson. He also has an aunt even if he isn’t too close to her.

Appearance: Body color is greyish yellow, has a light belly and a rather small horn for his kind. He has overall a rather light build but not overly so:  he’s just not the strongest threehorn there is. Unlike most of his kind, he hasn’t fought much and his body is unusually unscathed.

Personality: He is usually kind but reserved as he had has had little to do with the other kinds and his time with his own kind has seldom been pleasant. He is smart and wishes to believe that there is more to everything than meets the eye. Even then, he isn’t completely accepting and he has a strict line in the others’ behavior he doesn’t like to be crossed. He is open to the omnivores joining the group but he has a great deal of distrust to the fliers and swimmers for their ability to hide from the problems of other dinosaurs.

Backstory: His lack of natural aggressiveness and earlier tubbier form caused him to be unpopular among the other threehorns and his grandfather and the rest of the herd often disapproved his lack of trust in the threehorn view of seeing everything as concrete and unchanging. He was often lonely even if his siblings as well as a few other threehorns stood up for him. Even then, his fracture with the herd grew worse lately and it peaked during the herd’s trainings. Rinen was separated from his family after being banished by the other threehorns. He was deemed too weak to be a part of them after failing to pass a survival test in the herd.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Man, we haven't even started yet and I already want to draw stuff from this :lol
I'll try to get my character bio up this week. Since there isn't really a whole lot of concrete info on Hagryphus, I'm going to have a bit of fun with their culture :smile

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Aug 15 2017 on  11:07 PM
Man, we haven't even started yet and I already want to draw stuff from this :lol
I'll try to get my character bio up this week. Since there isn't really a whole lot of concrete info on Hagryphus, I'm going to have a bit of fun with their culture :smile
I guess we must be doing something right, then!

As for the rest of my post, I have retired my Flyer character. I simply can't focus on developing him with Orsur on the table. I had way too much fun creating him, and I just can't let him go to waste. Looks like Orsur is going to be my character for this RP!  :smile

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Well this has started to slow down, perhaps everyone who hasn't put up a bio for their character should do so now otherwise we won't get this RP off the ground anytime soon.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, at this point, we're really just waiting for all the character bios. Then it'll just be a matter of discussing how and where everybody starts and how they all are going to bump into each other.

That being said, I will try to write my character bio today, provided nothing is getting in the way of things :lol
Inactive, probably forever.