The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfic - New Order

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I decided to try and merge the concept of some series of mine and LbT. The result seemed good, so I decided to try starting to write.

The series are called, "Legend of the Triforce" (Nifty, huh?). They take place on a continent called "Reef Continent". This i no ordinary world, nonetheless. Anything can happen here. I count out four different stories with these series.

Well, the first chapter is just an introduction, it doesn't really present any character, but introduces the general legend envolving the Reef Continent.

That being said, I hope you like the start of it!  :^.^:

(Just an advice, if you want to read this first part with some music, I’d advise "The Legend of the Hero" from “Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker”).

(I should also mention a small disclaimer: I don't own any concept over some or many of the items that may appear through this story, neither do I own anything related to Legend of Zelda, and others, that might be referred on this fanfic.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the far, distant world…
On a continent…
There echoes a legend…
A Legend that speaks of a deadly treasure. The treasure was said to enhance one’s soul and pockets…

The Treasure belonged to a group of pirates, fearsome pirates from the great seas…

Fearsome only on sea, this cost them their lives on shore, as they were killed by a merchant knight from the Reef Continent.

The knight wanted only the treasure.

Whilst he obtained the chest, he missed the key.

The former was thrown to the sea along with the pirates’ bodies.

Knowing this, and even though the Knight eventually died, he left a legacy… a sword and a shield for his heir to fight the pirates’ heirs and therefore proclaim the treasure!

Archive found on Reef Town’s Library

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It seems that it could be good. I'll wait and see. Also, it should be intersting on how LBT links with Legend of Zelda.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The first chapter is on!

By the way, if I didn't describe the places properly, I will soon have look-alike images of them.

This chapter already introduces the main characters. Sorry if its a bit long...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1 – Someone’s in trouble

Everything was calm near Reef Town, capital of the Reef Continent. Reef Town was a small town in a dug cavity in the Reef Barrier. Now, the barrier is used to maintain the waters of the great seas out of the town. Connected to Reef Town by a cave, the imaginatively called Reef Cave, the only exit to the outside fields or the seas for Reef Town, was another, curious building. It was also on a cavity, but had no barrier. Instead, a beach spread from one end of the cavity to another.
The building shone as the light from the morning sun reflected itself on its glass walls.
A huge, golden symbol made out of three triangles stood high above the ground, attached to the building. It had the letters P.B.P., the P’s on the lower triangles, the B on the top.
Outside, it seemed that everything inside it was calm.
Inside, however, a low shout could be heard from the first floor. The first floor had a fountain, four doors and an elevator, many park benches and potted plants. The doors connected to the restaurant, the swimming pools, the Sports Minister’s office and the elevator to the curious room called the Statue Room.
Suddenly, the shout became louder, and the restaurant’s door bang opened, as a twelve year-old boy in a green and brown suit ran towards the red door elevator and pressed nervously the buttons for the second floor.
- I’m really going to get it! – He mumbled while crossing his arms as the elevator went up.
His name was Ruben. He was the all-duty guy from the company, P.B.P..
P.B.P. was a company settled in the Reef Continent to maintain peace, organize events and… well, receive the national bills…
The elevator stopped and the door opened, slowly. This only contributed for the boy’s annoyance.
As soon as they were opened sufficiently, Ruben dashed towards one of the tidiest doors on that floor, the .B.P. Director’s Office.
The second floor also had four doors, the secretary’s, the “doctor’s”, Ruben’s office, and the director’s. The floor also had a few tables and shelves crammed full with books. Also, one of this floor’s walls was a window with a beautiful view towards the sea, magnificent at sunset.
But Ruben didn’t have time to enjoy all this: he waited while the director’s automatic door opened, also slowly, and then walked very slowly to near one of the tables, disposed in a triangle. The director was sitting on the other side of the exit, holding a few piles of paper, reading them quietly.
- Da-Dav-vid? – He articulated – Did you ca-call me?
- Yes. – The other one answered.
He got up. Surprisingly, he was only eighteen years-old, and wore a green tunic.
- Could you tell me… - He calmly said, raising the piles – What these papers are?
Ruben noticed that David, the Director, had the Master Sword’s scabbard on his back. The Master Sword was David’s weapon of choice that he received with the charge of P.B.P. Director as his father passed on to him.
Ruben then turned to the piles. He gulped as he saw, even from the other side of the tables, the P.B.P. symbol on the corner of each paper.
- Its my…
- Yes…?
- My… vacation clearance… - He mumbled.
David sat down again.
- Vacation clearance… Not a bad idea at all… we’re in the middle of a crisis, I’m full of bills to the top of my head, and you want vacations…
Ruben gulped.
- What do you think I’ll answer to that?
- Er… no… - Ruben whispered, looking down. He stared up again as he heard the sword getting out of the scabbard. That cold sound. David was standing over the table with the sword held.
- YOU BET ITS NO! IF YOU GET OUT ON VACATIONS I’LL CUT YOUR HEAD AND GIVE IT TO EDWARD III FOR BREAKFAST! UNDERSTOOD?!
Ruben cleared away to the door as the sword eventually started to touch him.
- Ye-yes sir…!
- AND GET OUT OF MY OFFICE! IT GOT CLEAN JUST NOW!
David didn’t have to ask twice. Ruben ran out of the office, stopping near the elevators, cut by Andrea, the secretary.
- Is he in a bad mood? – She asked, holding a few papers. Ruben would pay to see them, and would bet they were only the most recent news about Reef Continent’s most famous bands. – I was thinking about asking some vacations…
- He’s in a bad mood. Filled with bills. – Ruben quickly answered, going into the elevator and descending, without even waiting for Andrea.

“Why is it always me…?” He desperately tought.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think its very good.
The first chapter wasn¥t long and it is well explained.
I¥m liking it so far, keep it up  :^.^:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hmm. Triple fusion of Legend of Zelda, Land Before Time and an original concept.

It's a stylistic choice but ellipses seem to work better for stuttering or hesitation.

It has the potential to become very good.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The second chapter is posted! This oneis a bit small, but the third chapter is about as finished. This one introduces one of the main antagonists, Edward III.

I'll be posting the maps soon, by the way, incuding Reef Continent's.

Chapter 2 – Escape

Water Castle – 19:30 p.m.

Water Castle. A massive fortress south of the Reef Continent golf. In mid-ocean. Over the Eye Rock Island. The castle was once used by Edward III to pump water into the Reef Barrage. Now, Flavius, the King of the Reef Continent, and Ana, the Queen, live here. Multiple guards of all weapon generations guard this castle. Here are kept the most dangerous of villains.

A protruding silence habited in the Water Castle’s cells. Usually by now, Edward III, Reef Continent and P.B.P.’s most hunted criminal, would have caused an uproar that even Flavius wouldn’t be able to settle down.
Edward III was the proven rightful heir of the kith of legend’s weapons. His Golden Sword and Mirror Shield were his only weapons.

One of the guards walked by Edward III’s cell, curious about what or why this peace was settled.

A shout was heard, and the alarm shot out ranging. Shortly after that, an explosion was heard on the upper floors.
As the dust visible from the outside settled, a person of about 18 years and red tunic shot out over a machine similar to a surfboard, maintaining its balance using a sword and a polished shield, as the board flew away using a jet.
Four Advanced Troopers quickly grabbed the laser guns and shot multiple ammunitions towards the flyer.
However, the person turned around and reflected the shots simply by using its shield.
The shots damaged slightly the walls of the Water Castle, but weren’t noticeable.

As the figure turned around, it put the jet on its maximum speed and disappeared in the horizon, confused by other lights.

(The LbT characters will be introduced in the fourth chapter)

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It¥s good,I¥m liking it, loking foward fot the next chapter^^
By the way, I wonder how you wil put LBT carachters, I¥m having that problem now, but I think I found a way, hope it makes sense^^
Good luck to you to :^.^:

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, not the chapter, but the maps I said. Their pixelized, since they were made using the known PokÈmon sprites. They're only maps, no other images.

Andrea's Office, the secretary:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...OfficePixel.jpg

Andrew's Office, the Sport's Minister:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...AndrsOffice.jpg

David's Office, the P.B.P. Director:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...nielsOffice.png

The nocturne version of the P.B.P. Headquarters' Gardens:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...ePBPGrounds.png

The P.B.P. Headquarters Gardens, the outside:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex.../PBPGrounds.png

The P.B.P. Laboratories, still unmentioned:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...PLaboratory.jpg

The First floor:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...BPMainFloor.jpg

The second floor:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...SecondFloor.jpg

Reef Town:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...to/ReefTown.jpg

The P.B.P. restaurant:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex.../Restaraunt.jpg

And Ruben's Office:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...OfficePixel.jpg

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Third chapter posted!

Refer to the images posted for any confusion about the maps. Reef Continent map available soon!

Chapter 3 – News, good and bad

P.B.P. Headquarters, 20:41 p.m.
David left his office and took the elevator to the first floor. There, he headed to the restaurant.
Andrea, Patricia and Ruben already awaited him, although already eating their dinner.
They chose the medium table out of the two tables there, a square, wooden table, like the other one. A TV set was placed on a wall, next to the counters. Not many people were in the restaurant, though.
- I thought you’d wait for me to come before you started eating dinner. – David said, sitting down. He didn’t have his sword with him, nor the Hylian Shield he also uses.
- I’m telling you I didn’t see Andrew in the Swimming Championships! – Ruben shouted, completely out of David’s subject.
- I saw him over a board there! Honestly! – Andrea shouted back.
Andrea, the secretary, was also around the 17 years, and wore a deep blue jacket over a white shirt and jeans. Her work suit. Also, she carried a necklace shaped like the symbol outside the building, a golden, triangular pendant.
- What are you two talking about? – David asked. An employee approached him and David made his request.
- If Andrew was or wasn’t in the Swimming Championships last year. – Patricia quietly answered.
In the P.B.P. hierarchy, although she pretended to be a doctor, she couldn’t avoid but stay in the vet’s place, over which she had more knowledge. Patricia, or Tricia, like the others liked to call her, had around 16 years, and wore a light orange shirt with jeans. She carried a yellow knapsack, containing her many “useful items”.
- Thanks Tricia… I guess… - David stopped as his meal arrived to the table.
“I should try to reconsider Ruben’s vacations but…” David thought as he sipped the drink. “But I’ve got so many problems…”
He looked at the TV. An early edition of the P.B.P. made Web Journal was on, speaking from the Water Castle. David dropped the can he had on his hand and shouted:
- Everyone quiet! Something’s happened at the Water Castle!
The five people on the other table stopped arguing and turned to the screen, as well as the other members.
- …The known Edward III, hunted down by P.B.P. multiple times, has today escaped from the cell he was kept in the Water Castle. The guards don’t know how the prisoner was able to escape from the heavy guarded cell, in a relatively quiet evening. The Rico Police, from the neighbour Rico Continent, have started the investigations on the explosion on the upper floors in which the villain stole back his weapons, the Knight of Legend’s Golden Sword and Mirror Shield.
- Dang it! He always escapes! I’ve got to speak with that king! – David cursed, curling his fist and punching the table.
- You know as well as we do that those guards are worthless. They move a finger if they really have to, and the only efficient army is the Advanced Troopers. – Andrea said. – After all, we always catch him again, right?
- Maybe… but he always has a new trick at hand… I’m starting to get worried about what happens when he hasn’t got any tricks at all.
David remembered the other times in which he, Andrea, Ruben and Tricia captured Edward III and put him into the Water Castle’s prisons.
But this villain was no fool, he would whatever it would take to get the treasure in the Reef Golf. That is why he always comes back. Each try is even more desperate than the last one… what would come next?
- …We had another breakthrough. It seems that Edward III, while escaping, was seen with an accomplice. Edward III was also last seen heading towards the Dark Forest, north of Reef Town.
- Accomplice? That’d be Gabrielli. – David answered.
- Yeah, they’re as much as a couple by now! – Ruben agreed.
Gabrielli was already seen hanging with Edward III, no surprise there for the P.B.P. crew. She helped him in the hardest plans, and was a tough challenger.
- We shall keep the Reef Continent informed about any breakthrough about the literal prison break.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay! Good, we have gone through chapters 1-3. Now we will see how LBT ties into this. By the way, is this on FF.net?

On a slightly different note, good chapter. I like it, and it leaves us wondering how LBT ties in.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter 4 is posted! At last , I introduced the LbT characters. For now, I will remain by the 5 main. From now on, its much easier.

To answer the question, no, it isn't posted at ff.net. I'm considering it, though.

Sorry if it may seem a little rushed, ok?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 4 – Eve’s Comet and Dimensional Warping

David scrolled down the web page displayed on the computer at his office. It was about the recent events, and the page was webjournal.rn. The Web Journal webpage.
The journalists still weren’t able to make any breakthrough. And they wouldn’t, in David’s opinion.
A small window was minimized on the corner of the webpage. It wasn’t the usual spam, something different. They were headlines about the coming of the Eve’s Comet.
- Never heard about that comet... – David whispered, changing the windows.
He then began to read:
- “The Eve’s Comet is a rare stone said to be the bringer of bad news. Unlike ancient fears, it was confirmed the re-opening of strange portals in the Dark Forest. It is well known by all that the Reef Continent suffers from the Dimensional Fault, therefore vulnerable to anything that might open the portals to other dimensions, such as the Dark World, which has happened once.”.

Edward III held a small, spherical stone in the air. Its grey colour became golden, illuminating the Dark Forest around the pedestal over which Edward III was standing.
- Lewis, the Dark Prince... Germana, the Psychic... I ask your aid...

- “On related news, the Mountain Village Elders Observatory in Reef Continent has confirmed that the comet shall orbit the planet for the next year, an unusual amount of time.”.

The now golden stone gained a purple aura, darkening the forest for a few moments. Edward III raised his eyebrows.
- A portal... it’s near...

- “It is also confirmed that Reef Continent shall suffer the consequences of such orbit.” – David stood for a while, petrified. In a gasp, he quickly typed out the Reef Continent’s Fault Chart. The Fault was exactly over the Dark Forest. Edward III was last seen heading towards the Dark Forest. – Dang it! – He cursed, picking up the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, leaving the office, computer on.

Edward III followed his instincts. Towards the direction of the portal. There.
- Where are you going? – A girl behind him asked, following him. She looked at a nearby bush, and upon seeing a pair of eyes, yelled and ran against Edward III. The former, however, did not react or speak, continuing his lead.

- Do you think that thing saw me? – A small male longneck asked a group of other dinosaurs around him. It was a group of five, a longneck, a threehorn, a swimmer, a spiketail and a flyer.
- Of course it did, duh! – The small female threehorn promptly answered – It yelled! – She continued with an evident accent.
- We shouldn’t have come here, no no no! – The female swimmer warned. She was over the spiketail’s back, as if riding it.
- Why, Ducky? – The longneck asked, leaning.
- There so many things we don’t know here. – Ducky answered.
- Scared, is it? – The threehorn dared.
- Cera! Come on! We’re stuck here! – The longneck interrupted.
- No we’re not! We’re still in the Great Valley, ok?!
- Me think they gone. – The flyer interrupted.
- Where to, Petrie? – The longneck asked.
- Me not know. Me go check. – Petrie then flew out of their hiding place, into the forest “hall”.
- So? – The longneck asked, watching the flyer from the bush.
- Hummm... Wha...!
- Petrie! – The longneck shouted, as the flyer simply disappeared in thin air.

David quickly reached the top of the mountain, entering the Dark Forest. He entered a hall made of trees and a track eventually formed from utilization.
His thoughts rushed over the portals.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Explorer,Sep 8 2008 on  08:47 PM
Fail Chart
This is what gives me the most laughs about this chapter. "Fail Chart." Who would have thought that there could be charts of failure.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I liked it, its being a great story so far.
The way you introduced LBT carachters so easily <_<,I hope my way will make sense -_-
Keep up the good work :^.^:

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Sep 9 2008 on  12:55 AM
Quote from: Explorer,Sep 8 2008 on  08:47 PM
Fail Chart
This is what gives me the most laughs about this chapter. "Fail Chart." Who would have thought that there could be charts of failure.
So, what else gave you laughs?  ;)

Thanks for the comments!

Well, its not the 5th chapter, but the last map for update. Its the Reef Continent. Sorry if I'm not the best drawer on Paint and Powerpoint, but here's the link:

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/ex...efContinent.jpg

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, posted the fifth chapter! :lol:

I just hope I got half the words correct...  :unsure:

Anyways, new chapter: sorry if its long!

Please refer to the Reef Continent map if you have ay doubts about the locations!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 – Encounters

- Oh, swell… - David stopped in the middle of nowhere. – Lost. This forest should be called Lost Woods.

- What is this…? A dinosaur…? – Edward III asked as he raised his eyebrows, looking at a small, transparent floating sphere in front of him. It showed a creature inside it.
- Probably… but not from here… - A woman answered. She was Germana, the Psychic, with around 20 years, on a tight, purple suit. Apparently, she was the one keeping the sphere floating, as she held a hand under the sphere, without touching it.
- We already noticed it’s not from here, Germana. Where is it from? – Gabrielli asked, also approaching the petrified creature inside.
- From another dimension… - Germana answered after touching the sphere.
- How did it get here? – III inquired, notably curious.
- The Eve’s Comet. That’s the answer. The Eve’s Comet is about to enter our planet’s orbit. And this is only the beginning. The comet is yet to reach the planet, but when it does, multiple portals will open.
Edward III immediately designed a plan.
- And more of these will come, right…?
- Yes. It seems their dimension is also affected by the fault.

David hid behind a tree. He was sure to have heard voices. He put out the sword and assumed attack position.

- Where did Petrie go?!
- He can’t disappear in thin air, right? – Cera ironically responded.

“What are these creatures…? Dinosaurs…?” David thought poking from the side of the tree.
- Well, now, who do we have here…? – A known voice said behind him, and a cold object touched his neck.
David turned around slowly, knowing what waited him. Edward III.
- What do you want?
- Drop your sword. – He ordered, pointing to the sword.
David hesitated for a few seconds, but dropped the sword.
He then noticed who was with him: Germana and Gabrielli. And the first one was holding a small sphere inside which was one of the creatures he saw earlier.
- What is that…? – David asked, keeping his eyebrows still.
- That? You wish. – Edward III mocked, moving his own sword a few inches.
A disturbing silence followed, with David and Edward III exchanging angry looks.

Littlefoot poked from a nearby bush. Four of those creatures were in a small meadow in the middle of the forest.
- Eh! It’s Petrie! – He whispered to the others behind him, after seeing the flyer inside an object over one of the creature’s hand.
- Really? – Ducky confirmed, approaching the bush.
- So? – Cera asked, impatient.
- It is him!

- Do you have anything you would like to say for the last time? – Edward III teased again, approaching the sword at the face.
David started to sweat. He had to find a quick escape besides death.
- Kill him already, III! – Germana shouted.
- Very well then… - III grabbed David by the neck with his hand, pushing him against the tree. He pulled the sword back and pointed at David’s neck. – Die! – He shouted as he threw the blade against the David’s neck.
- Petrie! – Littlefoot shouted, charging out of the bush towards Germana.
- What?! – Edward III shouted as he saw another creature.
Using the distraction, David pulled away III’s arm and grabbed the sword with a roll, assuming attack position again, now with his shield out.
 - Get him, Germana! – III turned to David, also assuming attack position. – I’ll take care of this one.
- Hold this. – Germana ordered, giving the sphere to Gabrielli, sprinting towards Littlefoot.

III dashed towards David, as well as the other swordsman did. Both collided, holding their swords against each other, holding both with the shields.
- What are you doing here?! – David struggled to ask, while trying to shove away Edward.
- I was about to ask you the same. – III simply responded, although also having problems with shoving away David.
Finally, both shoved away each other, but dashed over into each one once again. However, both were now trying to hit each other by executing several cuts. It seemed, though, that all were blocked by the opponent’s sword.

- Littlefoot! Get out of there! It’s after you! – Cera yelled, also running away with Spike and Ducky.
Germana seemed not to run, but to hover after Littlefoot, who immediately sprinted out of the meadow.
- Cera! Go after Petrie! He’s with the other thing! – The longneck ordered, while trying to escape from the creature’s seemly deadly hands.
Cera hesitated for a few moments, but then took a shortcut into the bushes, running towards the meadow. Germana, however, ignored this and kept going.

(So? What did you think?)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, got a new chapter. However, I recomend reading the previous chapter before reading this one, since its a direct continue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6 – Acknowledge

Cera starred vaguely at the fight that stirred between the two beings, both armed with some sort of sharp weapon. Another being was watching, the one holding Petrie.
- This one’s going to be piece of cake. – She muttered, walking inside the bushes and around the meadow battlefield, until she was behind the being holding the flyer.
She then pulled back a little ready to charge on the being.

- Get out of the Dark Forest! You have no business here! – III teased, rotating over his left foot and turned around, hitting David’s sword when attempting to hit his head.
- You’re the ones who are hunting those creatures! – David jumped back thrice, and rotated the sword once. III recognized that position as David bent on his right knee and joined the sword and shield hands. Horror stroke III’s face – Final Slash! – David shouted, a shout that echoed throughout the forest.
Just as he said it, David dash-hovered towards III, and, upon hitting him, started to perform multiple cuts by spinning wildly.
- Leave these creatures alone! – David shouted yet again, once again echoing, now with the sword still.
After the shout, David strongly stroke Edward III with the sword, throwing him beyond the meadow’s edges.

- Let go Petrie! – Cera shouted, charging against the being.

As Gabrielli thought everything had gone wrong and couldn’t get worse, she was hit by something on her back, throwing her to the ground, with Petrie’s sphere flying towards David. The former caught it and ran out of the meadow into the forest hall.
Upon seeing this, Cera ran after David, leaving Gabrielli with her face in the mud. Literally.

- Is it gone, Ducky? – Littlefoot asked from behind a bush.
Ducky nodded, unable to speak.
However, suddenly, another being ran by, holding an object with Petrie inside.
- Now it’s that one! Let’s go! – Cera shouted, running by. The other two dinosaurs nodded and ran after the threehorn, following the being.

Germana suddenly stopped. She felt it. Something had happened. And she knew what it was.
- That bastard lost against David again! – She cursed, hovering back to the meadow. She had left the creatures long ago.

Gabrielli’s head was suddenly lifted by a white, gloved hand.
- Wake up, you useless help! – The voice commanded. It was Germana. – Where’s III? – She asked in a rude manner.
Gabrielli simply held her hand and pointed to a track in the meadow.
Germana suddenly let go of the head, which hit the ground with a splash and headed towards the track.
On the other end of the track, against a tree, was Edward III, with a furious look on his face.
- This is going to be the last time David gets his hand on my business... – He muttered.
- Or his sword. – Germana interfered, grabbing III using her magic and healing his wounds. III, however, stood petrified, looking vaguely at Germana.
- Stand like a man you are, III. I have good news for you. Very good news... – A man in a black armour (similar to Ganondorf, to shorten) said with a shining purple aura on his eyes. Lewis, the Dark Prince.
III recovered his posture, putting way both sword and shield.
- What? – He asked in an offensive tone.

- Stop! Hey! Stop! – Littlefoot shouted, still running after David.
They had ran out of the Dark Forest, and were now near Mountain Village Elders, with Snow Spectacle within sight.
David looked behind. The creatures didn’t seem too hostile, if any. And Edward III was nowhere visible. Therefore, David suddenly came to a halt, and the four creatures stopped against him, actually throwing him away for a few meters. The sphere flew in the air for a few moments, before landing on the hard rock, but not breaking.
The creatures approached the sphere.
- How do we take him out? – Littlefoot asked, putting a paw over the object and rolling it in the rock for a few moments.
- Ask that thing or whatever he is. He was with the other ones. – Cera muttered, turning to David, who had just now gotten up. – Speak up! How do we get Petrie out of here?
- What? – David said, turning around. He understood what the creature had said. – I mean... – He approached cautiously the sphere, under the close watch of the four. – I can’t get him out BUT... – He quickly added – I know someone who can. Come with me.
- Why should we?! We don’t even know you! – Cera continued, but Littlefoot stepped in.
- Cera, we won’t know him until we actually introduce ourselves, right? – He gazed at the threehorn, who stepped back. The longneck then turned to David – I’m Littlefoot. I’m a longneck from the Great Valley. – David was about to push out the hand when he realized it wasn’t necessary – This is Cera, a threehorn... Ducky, a swimmer... and Spike, a spiketail. And... – Littlefoot turned to the sphere. – This is Petrie, a flyer.
- I-I’m David... – He didn’t know what to say. He had encountered many of the species in the Reef Continent and always knew what to say, diplomatic speeches even, and now he was wordless. – A... a human. – He continued.
- Please David, we need to get Petrie out of there!
David felt the need to do it.
- Ok... follow me down the mountain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews and comments, please!

By the way, Chapter 7, Poisons, will be an interesting one where the plot actually starts to show the problems they have to face Some of them, actually.

Please read!   :^.^:

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, chapter seven is posted!

This is by far the largest chapter I wrote, and probably will write.

Please review and comment!

Chapter 7 – Poisons

- I found a very interesting thing for you... Follow me... – Lewis continued, walking away.
- I don’t trust this guy... – Gabrielli said, walking by III.
- You don’t trust anyone, girl. Even in yourself. – Germana muttered, also walking away.
Lewis guided the group to a triangular rock, with a bright, water circle on it. It seemed very deep into the woods, by the darkness. Lewis’s hand acquired a bright, purple aura, illuminating the area with a purple light.
- This is the Warp Rock. I found it earlier when I was coming to aid you...
- The portal I sensed... – III interrupted. – Where does it lead to?
- It leads to a land before time itself.
- Those dinosaurs came from there. – Germana informed, raising her hand over the circle of water. – They came from here.
III looked at Lewis with an evil grin. Both had caused havoc quite a few times together.
- I have an idea... follow me... – III ordered, jumping into the circle of water. He quickly disappeared inside it, and the water became immobile again.
With no choice, the rest of the group jumped in as well.

P.B.P. Headquarters, 19:30, Reef Continent Time Zone

The dinosaur group awed with amaze with the sight of the P.B.P. Headquarters. That shining, golden aspect was indeed the most spectacular thing to admire there. The gardens around it, properly cultivated, made the contrast with pure green.
David walked in, passing by the automatic door as it opened.
The lights turned on, but David immediately commanded: - Lights out!
Said this, the lights were turned off.
The swordsman was grateful that he arrived at the hour he arrived, just so he could find the headquarters empty for dinner time. He had to find Andrea, though.
- Come in. Quietly. – He said, walking past the fountain in the middle of the floor.
The group nodded and stepped in, and the door quietly closed.
David then found a problem. The elevators were too dangerous to take, for they might not be able to handle the weight of the five, or even if it did, people could be on the second floor.
Just as he was about to open his mouth. The restaurant door opened.
“Swell...” He thought for a few moments. He had seconds to act, before the lights would get on.

P.B.P. Headquarters Restaurant, 19:27, Reef Continent Time Zone

Andrea sat quietly at her chair for once. There was a reason, though. Ruben wasn’t there, but in his office in the second floor, locked and asleep.
Tricia sat across the table, calmly eating her dinner.
- Do you know why David didn’t show up for dinner? – She asked, calling the employee.
- Nope. – Andrea answered, crossing her arms.
The employee came and brought up a small, metal plate with a small paper over it.
Tricia looked at the paper vacantly and then pulled out her wallet.
- Food here is getting waaaayyy too expensive for me... Two stars and five crosses for a single dinner...
- Either that or David isn’t paying us enough... – Andrea muttered, looking to the employee was he took away the currency and the bill.
Stars and crosses were the currency in Reef Continent. Stars were the most valuable, worth 10 crosses. Crosses were the medium, worth 5 rocks. Rocks were the money of the poor. They gave rocks in many banks in exchange for a cross. However, the rock had to be unique: the unique Crystal Rock found in the Reef Continent mines of Mountain Edge Village.
- Andrea, why didn’t Ruben come to eat, too?
Andrea pulled out her pendant and held it over her hand, hovering.
- A little magic... – She said.
- Won’t he wake up any moment now?
Andrea lost her concentration and grabbed the pendant running towards the door.

- Stay still, I’ll come right ba...
- David...? Who are you speaking with? – A familiar voice interrupted.
The lights were turned on, enlightening Andrea and David.
- Andrea... I wanted to speak to you! But not here! Let’s go to the Statue Room! – David quickly replied, pushing Andrea and the four other creatures into the room mentioned.
- What are those crea... – Started Andrea, but the closing of the door made her stop.

Edward III calmly walked over a fallen log, seemingly knowing where he was heading.
- Wait up, III! I can’t use magic here to guide myself. – Germana explained, although still hovering.
- Go over the trees. It’s easier for you. – III answered, pointing upwards with the sword.
Germana groaned and flew up higher, now above the trees.
- What do you see? – III shouted to Germana, suddenly stopping. Gabrielli collided against him.
Germana looked carefully at the horizon. High valley walls surrounded them. Waterfalls, beautiful rivers under a perfect blue sky. In the distance, in a prairie, was a herd of what seemed to be dinosaurs.
- I see their herds, III. We’re close. – She answered, quickly flying to the nearby edge of the forest.
- Lewis, get back to the Dark Forest. – III ordered without even turning around.
- What?! – Lewis replied. A purple aura appeared around his fists.
- I need you to get a bigger portal. Enlarge it, find a new one, but get a bigger one. Really big. Mountain size. – III specified, continuing the exploration.
- That’s impossible, III.
- No, it isn’t. Try. We’ll meet you in a few minutes. If not, go to the Dark Forest again and close the portal.
- But...
- NOW! – III yelled, turning around and unsheathing the sword.
Lewis hesitated for a few moments but immediately ran back to the portal.
- Not the best idea, III. We might get in trouble. – Gabrielli warned.
- It won’t take long. Don’t worry. – III reassured, continuing the trip.
Both quickly reached the forest edge, enabling them to view the valley’s magnificent landscape.
- Germana... – III called. The psychic appeared by his side at the call. – Let’s cause havoc.
- What’s your plan...?
- You know it perfectly... you have just now read my mind... – III interrupted, taking out the scabbard and the shield and giving them to Gabrielli. – Keep those for you for your safety. Let us take care of the dinosaurs...
Gabreilli seemed to be about to reply, but instead, she sat on the grass, grinning.
“Does he really worry with me...?” She thought. A light breeze made her long, black hair flow with the current, as III and Germana walked away into the herd.

- Habitants of this valley! – Edward III yelled in order to catch everyone’s attention. The yell seemed to work, as all of the dinosaurs nearby approached the high rock on which III stood. – I have terrible news to give you!
- Who are you? – An elderly male longneck asked.
- That does not matter! Your hatchlings have been abducted! – He declared, opening his arms.
- If I’m not mistaken, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Spike and Petrie are their names. – Germana continued. She was by III’s side, floating, with her eyes closed and her arms crossed.
- Who are you to make us believe in you?! – A threehorn broke in.
- Germana, show’em. – III ordered.
- With pleasure... – Germana rotated once and disappeared, reappearing on top of a tree after another rotation.
The elderly longnecks pulled their heads back with amaze. The threehorn, however, didn’t seem convinced.
- Watch your tongue, Topsy... I read your mind... – Germana muttered. Topsy backed away, but immediately reassumed his position.
Germana then rotated her arms a few times, performing a few difficult manoeuvres, and ended up pointing at a random swimmer, still with her eyes closed. Germana then closed her right hand, and raised it.
Just as she did the movement, the swimmer started to float gently in the air.
Germana then turned her hand in 360? degrees and opened her hand to the right, the direction she stretched her arm.
The swimmer violently crashed against the wall. Clouds of dust spread up with awes from the dinosaur crowd.
Germana then gave many turns to her left hand, eventually closing it and pointing to the place where the swimmer stood.
The swimmer immediately appeared out of thin air, and the dinosaurs backed away.
- I am one upon which you can trust, and your children have been possessed by the same magic bestowed upon me... – Germana had Andrea in her mind as she spoke – So you may choose... to follow us and try to find a way of rescuing your children... or let them die in their hands.
- Magic...? What is that...? – Many of the habitants mumbled.
- As I have said, that does not matter! – III yelled yet again – We need your help to find a way to recover them! But first, we shall also need your help to rescue them!
- What do you mean find a way to recover...? – The elderly male longneck broke in again. Germana appeared floating in front of III.
- Let me handle this... – She turned to the longneck – Your children have been abducted... you know as far as that.... but your knowledge on magic is weak... if any. And what I can assure you is that if the one who cast the spell over your children was the one I most fear... Then there is no way to rescue your children...
The longneck backed away.
- What do you suggest doing then...? – He inquired, now fearing the answer.
Germana looked down, although with a grin. However, she turned to the longneck again with a serious look.
- That is correct. We must kill your children... and the spell binders. – Germana answered.
-WHAT?! – Topsy roared.
- Calm down, Mr. Threehorn. We do not know what has happened. They might have a chance! – An adult, female swimmer calmed.
- GET ME TO THOSE SCAVENGERS! I SHALL TEACH THEM A LESSON THEY SHALL NEVER FORGET! – The threehorn continued.
III grinned to Germana.
- Follow us, then, those who are willing to fight the spell binders! – III finally declared, pointing towards the forest. – Germana! Tell Lewis to open the portal!
Germana nodded and flew towards the forest at full speed.
- We shall defeat P.B.P.! Destroy it forever! – He continuously shouted, raising his arms.
Many of the dinosaurs in the herd started to whisper among them, commenting on what this strange figure would want to do with them.

Lewis was performing a series of difficult moves with his arms right beside the Warp Rock. His right hand then acquired a purple aura, and with a protruding shout, Lewis smashed the rock with his fist, allowing the larger portal under the rock to expand. Lewis then put his hand over the spreading portal, scanning what was inside.

Andrea put herself against the wall of the Statue Room with her arms crossed. David had already explained what the creatures were and who they were. However, he missed one last step: the sphere.
- So, these... I mean, they, want our help... to fight off III? – She concluded.
- Yes. – David answered.
The four dinosaurs stared anxiously at Andrea.
Andrea tried not to burst in laughs, but left out a small giggle.
- That’s the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard! David, we’re here to fight off III from the Reef Continent! Actually, as a matter a fact, we’re only here to make sure he doesn’t get the treasure in the Reef Golf Depths! – The secretary answered, now laughing.
- Take it the way you want, but they need help also because Germana and Lewis are back. – David showed the sphere in which the flyer was still trapped. – Germana trapped Petrie in a sphere. And only another spell binder can destroy the barrier. You.
Andrea sighed as she saw the sphere and heard the name ëGermana’.
- I don’t know, David...
- Please...! You’ve got to help them! – David quickly replied.
The gang shifted their looks between the two humans.
Andrea seemed to hesitate on what to do.
- Another war is coming, right, David? – She inquired, looking up.
David nodded but also answered:
- Yes. Another war is coming. And I suspect he won’t come alone this time. But not with Germana and Lewis. More.
Andrea looked at the sphere again.
- Alright... I’ll put the spell out.
The gang’s faces enlightened with joy. David handed Andrea the sphere as the former took out the pendant.
- The Emperor’s Pendant is the only one that can free Petrie. I won’t take long... Please stand back. – She asked.
David stepped back, and the gang followed him.
- She knows what she’s doing, don’t worry. – He assured.
Andrea firmly grabbed the pendant and held it under the now floating sphere.

- Lewis! Open the portal, now! – Germana demanded, looking at the water pond.
Lewis took out the hand and held both above him.
- I will need your help to also open it on that side. The portal is too big. – He said, closing his eyes.
- Got it. – Germana answered, closing her eyes as well, also raising her arms above her.
Both did the exact same moves, and both ended in the exact same position: with both hands joined in front of them.
The Warp Rock on Germana’s side started to crack, and the portal started to expand as the water stretched along the forest, creating a lake. Germana was floating, so she didn’t have problems with not having ground.
Gabrielli was on the edge of the lake, still absorbed by her imagination.

III and the herd stared at the forest as it was suddenly turning into a wide lake, with a single being over it. He then turned to the herd and proclaimed:
- Come! Let us fight off the spell binders! – III then jumped with many rolls to the ground, heading towards the lake in a styled march.
Many of the members of the herd immediately followed III, although others hesitated, commenting among them.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Got the eight chapter, while this fanfic flows at high speed.

Please review!

(Disclaimer: In this chapter a few concepts similar to Super Smash Bros. Brawl are mentioned. I do not own any of the concepts or Smash Bros.)

Chapter 8 – A dangerous experiment

P.B.P. Headquarters Statue Room, 20:06, Reef continent Time Zone
A sudden light erupted from the Emperor’s Pendant.
David and the gang tried what they could to cover their eyes as the flash faded away.
The flash seemed to have disappeared into the sphere, turning it into a lightning orb.
As it seemed to have stabilized, the sphere exploded into tiny shards that eventually exploded into dark auras.
The group opened their eyes again and looked at Andrea and what the orb had become.
- Was this supposed to happen? – David asked approaching the new object in the sphere’s place.
- What is that...? – Littlefoot asked in a curious tone.
- Stone? – Ducky hypothesized, also approaching the object.
The orb had turned into a kind of trophy, a golden and shining stand over which Petrie was posing, in a light grey colour.
- Yup. He had to become a Statue before I could revert him back to normal. – Andrea explained, putting away the pendant.
- What is a Statue? – Littlefoot asked yet again.
- Petrie became a Statue. – David tried to answer both the questions the longneck had posed. – The Statue status is what happens to you when a Statue Stand or Statue Pedestal hits you.
- Or Dark Auras such as the woman in the forest radiated. – Andrea added, - It’s a state of inertia where you can’t move until someone touches the pedestal.
- So we can get turned into Statues at any moment?! – Cera launched out the panic.
- Calmed down, Cera. You have a certain resistance to Statue Stands. But not to Statue Pedestals. – Cera gulped again at David’s addition. – But don’t worry. There are only five Statue Pedestals in the world. One has already been destroyed, four remain.
- But there’s more to it. – Andrea interrupted, making everyone’s attention turn to her. – You can indeed be turned back to normal if what hits you is a normal stand, but... you stay as a Statue forever if a Statue Pedestal touches you.
- S-so... it’s the same as dying...? – Cera fearfully asked.
Andrea simply nodded, making Cera’s expression turn to horrible fear.
Noticing the pressure in the room, David decided to do something to settle things down.
- But don’t think the Reef Continent is all but danger. Danger is everywhere nowadays. We just have to be careful, ok? – Cera nodded but gulped – There are also great things about Reef Continent. Really useful stuff. And to prove it, I’ll show you some of them that we have here at the P.B.P. Headquarters.
Andrea gazed at him with an angry look.
- Eh! You never let us do anything there! – She replied.
- Andrea, we’re in times of need. I don’t let you all because... well... – David gave shift looks between the gang and Andrea – I’ll tell you later. Now, let’s go to the laboratories!
- Labora... what? – Littlefoot asked with a confused expression.
- Er... never mind. Just follow me.
- But what about Petrie? – Ducky worried.
- I will return him to normal eventually. He must stay like that for now. – Andrea answered, pushing the Statue to a corner in the room and taking out the pendant once more.
She then touched the pendant with one hand and then the Statue while she whispered a few words.
The Statue went transparent, blending with the background.
- This should keep the Statue hidden while we’re out. Nothing to worry about, now. Nobody comes to the Statue room except us.
Meanwhile, David headed towards one of the walls in the Statue Room, unsheathing his sword. The wall had the P.B.P.’s symbol, the only object in the room.
The gang followed him, very curious.
In fact, the whole gang was now very curious on what might expect them in that big place, and what kind of things could happen there.
- I kind of like this place. – Littlefoot commented.
- Me to! Yup, yup yup! – Ducky eagerly added.
- I don’t know... – Cera answered.
Littlefoot opened his eyes widely.
- That isn’t usual for you to say. What’s wrong...?
- Oh nothing, never mind, right?
- If you say so. – Littlefoot answered turning to David again.
David raised the sword and aimed at the small mark point in the middle of the three triangles, a triangular space.
He left out a shout and hit the mark with a bulls-eye shot. He then rotated the sword, which made the mark rotate as well. When a complete 360? degrees turn was made, he took out the sword and the wall slowly faded away revealing a long keyboard and a multitude of machines and a glass wall, with another room visible on the other side.
- Welcome to the P.B.P. labs. – David introduced, turning around.
Andrea simply passed by, but the group ran towards the many machines.
- Glad you liked the place. – David said, entering a corridor between machines. – You’ll like it even more when you see what I’ve got for reserve here. – He added, pressing a few buttons, pulling switches, eventually turning on the machines. – So... who’s the first to test? – He inquired as soon as he got out of the corridor.
The gang changed looks.
- Er... I’m not really sure if... – Andrea started.
- I’ll go! – The five answered, cutting out Andrea’s sentence.
David shook his head.
- Well, the five can’t certainly go... – David scrolled from an end of the group to the other. – Ducky, you go. Andrea, go get the Growth Capsule in the Experiments locker.
Andrea sighed as the gang awed, except Ducky.
- Don’t worry, all of you will certainly have your chance. – David cleared up. He sat on one of the twelve chairs along the keyboard and pressed a few keys, until a small passage appeared in the glass wall over the keyboard. – Ducky, go in, please... – David ordered, without turning around.
Ducky excitedly entered the chamber, positioning herself in the centre of the room.
- Initiate Oxygen Fill... – David said to a microphone connected to a headphone.
A few machines appeared from the room’s wall, one of them sporting five oxygen bottles around it, recognizable for its blue colour and a big, white symbol on it, O2.
- Clear the area... – He added.
Another machine seemed to already be cleaning the air, by its vacuum cleaner aspect.
- Readying environment for testing... secure the access...
The passageway returned to a glass wall, with a passage aspect in the middle of the keyboard’s length.
Andrea finally came in, carrying a blue and black capsule, about the size of a hand.
- How much is in it? – David asked, checking the capsule as Andrea handed it.
- It’s twelve grams of Growth Pollen. It’s relatively a smaller amount. – Andrea answered, also sitting on one of the chairs. – Ok, Ducky, I need you to stay still and breathe normally. – She warned through another microphone.
Ducky, however, hadn’t moved an inch since she entered the chamber. All the orders David gave seemed too much of a complication for something that could actually let her have some fun.
- O-ok... – She answered, gulping.
- David, insert the Growth Capsule. – Andrea ordered as she received a confirmation.
- Capsule inserted. – David answered, sitting down. Even before Ducky had answered, David had already inserted the capsule.
- That’s dangerous, you know... – She warned.
- Nah. – He put the headphone again. – Initiate Oxygen exchange with Growth Pollen. – He turned to the gang and took out the headphone. – You’d better sit. There’s a better view from here.
The gang nodded and went onto a chair each.
The capsule was inserted into a part of a machine that was both inside and outside the chamber. The same machine started to expel a red dust into the Oxygen Bottle Machine through a tube.
The Oxygen machine then started to release the red dust around the room.
- What is this, David...? – Ducky frightfully asked.
- Stay calm, Ducky. Nothing will happen. Breathe the dust. – David calmed, putting his hand over a small switch.
Ducky tried to breathe, but all she managed was a cough. Suddenly, the coughs became a strike.
- She’s suffocating, David! Get her out of there! – Andrea ordered.
- Full stop! Red Alert! – David yelled to the microphone.
Two air vents started to ventilate the dust out of the chamber. At the same time, the Oxygen Bottles reopened and oxygen started to fill the room.
- Breathe Ducky! Breathe! – Andrea tried, but the swimmer didn’t seem to be able to inhale.
- Coming, Ducky! Try to breathe! – David shouted – Open the passage! Open up the damned passage! – He shouted again.
The glass passage disappeared and allowed David to go in and retrieve Ducky.
- Quick, to the restroom! – He yelled, running towards the exit. – Andrea, quick! You can heal her!
Both left the Laboratories, leaving the gang behind, speechless.
- Do you still like this place now, Littlefoot? – Cera muttered, gazing furiously at him.
- It’s not my fault! – Littlefoot answered – It was an accident for sure! They’ll heal Ducky again, you’ll see. – He assured.
- You really trust these humans, don’t you? – Cera replied back.
- I trust David... you should start trusting too. He was the one who saved us and Petrie back there. – Littlefoot added.
- Eh I saved Petrie! If it wasn’t for me, they’d still have it! – The threehorn replied, stomping.
- You also helped, Cera. We all did.
- Oh, so now we’re all heroes! – She continuously muttered.
- That’s not what I meant, Cera! David fought off that guy, recovered Petrie, and...
- That does it! – Cera interrupted, walking away. – I also helped, and until I get some credit for it, I won’t move from here! – The threehorn lied beside a chair.
- Cera...! – Littlefoot sighed. He couldn’t do anything, now. Just wait until Cera calmed down and Ducky and Petrie returned.

A lightning erupted from the Dark Forest, and suddenly, the lake was filled with ancient creatures, led by three persons.
- You’re back. – Lewis denoted. – With an army.
- Yes... – III answered with a devilish grin on his face.
The herd didn’t seem impressed with what they were seeing. However, a threehorn, Topsy, stepped in.
- Where are they? You said you would lead us to them! – The threehorn roared.
- We shall be there soon! – Germana answered, turning around and yelling – Follow us, habitants of the valley! We shall cause havoc on those who abducted your children... and make sure they will never do it again!
Many of them growled in agreement, following the now four people ahead of them into the forest edges.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Very interesting story. I like the LBT/Zelda mix. Keep this up.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is a great fan-fiction. I approve of it fully now.