The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flip, Flap, and Fly

Stitch · 35 · 8669

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Did you hear that Universal is including a 4 1/2 minute LBT music video at the start of Curious George?

I hope it's good.

For confirmation, go to Universal's website and look for the article on LBT licensing.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Yes, somebody posted that piece of information in the network54 forum several days ago. I wonder what kind of LBT music video that would be though I'm afraid I won't get any chance to watch it outside of the United States and ignorant of who curious George is.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've heard of Curious George but never really been greatly interested in it. When is Curious George due for release in the States? Does anyone know? :unsure:

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
You don't know who Curious George is??? :blink:  

Now he is getting a movie on February 10th, 2006, which I don't approve of.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I haven't heard that name (Curious George) since early grade school.  :P:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can someone please give me a link?  I went to the Unaversal website but found nothing about a LBT music video.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
http://cpgcreative.universalstudios.com/
On this page click on the link about the press release concerning the TV series. That release reads as follows:
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., September, 2005 - Universal Studios Consumer Products Group today announced that it is seeking licensing opportunities for Universal Studios Home Entertainment Family Productions' (USHEFP) upcoming animated television series, The Land Before Time. Production on the 26 episodes of the new series, which is slated to debut on Cartoon Network in 2007, has recently commenced. The television series will include many of franchise's most memorable characters, including Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Chomper in all new adventures and will be created using a combination of 2-D animation and 3-D backgrounds.

"The Land Before Time is one of the most successful home video franchises of all time and we can only expect that its success will translate into television as well," said Beth Goss, executive vice president, Universal Studios Consumer Products Group. "We've already tested the market with our classic licensing program for the brand and received a great response. The new animated television series provides incredible opportunities for our licensing partners and we look forward to developing a great program for this proven brand."

Licensing opportunities are now available from Universal Studios Consumer Products Group across all categories including pre-school toys, apparel, accessories, interactive games, collectibles, fine art, home furnishings, health and beauty aids, food and beverages, gifts, stationery products and wireless communication devices and accessories.

Universal plans on further expanding upon the blockbuster franchise in 2007 with Land Before Time: Day of the Flyers, the much-anticipated twelfth installment in the unparalleled direct-to-DVD series. This new feature-length adventure DVD will also be supported by Universal Studios Consumer Products Group with a worldwide licensing program. Additionally, a Land Before Time 4 1/2 minute Flip, Flap and Fly music video piece will premiere in-theatre with prints of Universal Pictures' and Imagine Entertainment's February 10th, 2006 release Curious George.
About The Land Before Time
A billion-dollar property that is considered one of the most successful feature-length children's home entertainment franchises of all time, The Land Before Time movies, which boast of 11 valued installments over a 17-year period, collectively have sold more than 60 million units worldwide.

Set in prehistoric times, the series follows the journeys of young dinosaurs who experience wondrous adventures, encounter challenging obstacles and learn memorable life lessons about love, trust, friendship, learning, caring and sharing. The cast of dinosaur characters includes Littlefoot, the lovable long neck Apatosaurus; Cera, the feisty three-horn Triceratops; Ducky, the naive duckbill swimmer Saurolophus; Petrie, the comic flyer Pterodactyl; Chomper, the newly hatched friendly fearless Tyrannosauraus; and Spike the ravenous spiketail Stegosaurus.

About Universal Studios Consumer Products Group
Universal Studios Consumer Products Group is responsible for global licensing and retail strategies as well as building brand recognition of the extensive catalogue of NBC Universal properties. Universal Studios Consumer Products Group is a unit of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% controlled by Vivendi Universal.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm.  I wonder if they will put that video on the LBT 12 dvd.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe. I suppose it also depends on the region.
For example there was this If we hold on together / Bestest Friends remix on the American version of 11. I only have an Australian and a German DvD version of the movie and that song is included on neither. It may be something similar about that flip, flap, and fly video.
Flip, flap, and fly... do you reckon it will be a song from the movie itself? The title might refer to a song that could be included in a movie to be titled "The day of the Flyers".

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The UK version didnt have the Bestest Friends/IWHOT remix either. Not that I fancied it that much anyway! LOL! More cheese than a mouse could nibble at! PMSL :P: But this new music video, I reckon, is either going to soar or it's gonna flop! As always, remaining pleasantly optimistic about everything ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Pheh, the people giving the press release don't even know what Petrie is. <_<  What does that tell you?  Pterodactyl may be a well-known name, but its still wrong.  You'd think they'd at least know what dinosaurs are in the film.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw the video today.  All I can say is that I can't wait for Day of the Flyers to come out.  The song was great.  Hopefully you all can see it.

Moe also makes an appearance.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What's the song called? What is the mood of it? Does Mo appear in the background only (as he did during the song "Adventuring") or is there any action on his part?

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The song is called "Flip Flap and Fly".  It is very lighthearted.  Moe has the same kind of action he did during Adventuring in #10.

I don't want to give too much away.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not like I'm ever going to see that video I'm afraid. I don't reckon it will be shown in European theatres. At least not outside the English speaking countries.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What really sucks is that I'm not going to see that movie.  I have no intrest in Curious George and am not going to waste money for the whole movie just to see the music video at the beginning.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Then, like me, we'll just be waiting for it to come to us.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just hope they put it on the LBT 12 dvd and not the Curious George one.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Curious George hits UK screens next Friday (26th) although, there has been no mention of Flip, Flap, Fly or anything about advanced previews of any of the upcoming LBT titles. I wouldn't mind trying to see if they will announce anything about the new LBT stuff coming out soon but I'm not really interested in Curious George. I'd be paying to just see the trailers at the beginning of the film rather than going to see the feature film. Anyone actually seen the music video recently or at all?!

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Refering back to the press release near the top, I just found another one at the same source:

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS CONSUMER PRODUCTS GROUP
BOLSTERS LICENSING PROGRAM
FOR NEW ANIMATED TELEVISION SERIES
THE LAND BEFORE TIME

Top Animated Children's DVD Franchise Of All Time
Makes Television Debut In 2007

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA , June 20, 2006 -- A billion-dollar property that is considered the top animated children's DVD Premiere franchise of all time will soon make its television debut as Universal Studios Family Productions brings The Land Before Time to Cartoon Network in 2007. With more than 60 million video units sold in 17 years, The Land Before Time is a veritable home entertainment "dino-sty" with millions of family fans across the globe. As the popular brand transitions to television, Universal Studios Consumer Products Group will look to support the move with a merchandising program that will capitalize on the size and scope of this launch. With a strong foundation of more than 25 partners worldwide in various categories including publishing, interactive and toys already in place, Universal is actively pursuing new partners to expand its program at Licensing International 2006.

Licensing opportunities are now available across all categories including toys, apparel, accessories, interactive games, collectibles, fine art, home furnishings, health and beauty aids, food and beverages, gifts, stationery products and wireless communication devices and accessories.

"Dinosaurs have always been a popular play pattern, and The Land Before Time, with its history of success, is the authentic dinosaur property," said Beth Goss, executive vice president, Universal Studios Consumer Products Group. "The DVD Premiere franchise has built awareness with moms who perceive the brand as safe with good values and great stories, and the new animated television series will bring a fresh, creative approach to this proven brand, allowing for an expansion of our consumer products line."

The television series will include many of the franchise's most memorable characters - Litttlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Chomper - along with new prehistoric pals in all-new adventures. Stripping five days a week, 26 episodes will bring the richly animated prehistoric world to more than 88 million homes in the United States. The series is currently being sold to international distributors.

In addition to the television series, two new DVD Premiere titles are slated to release in the next 24 months, and Cartoon Network episodes will be available on DVD starting in 2007.