The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Reused Animation

Phantom · 12 · 3351

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yes, there is some of this. Mostly with Sharptooth, since he's so complicated to animate. This is what I found:

1. Sharptooth's animation is the same when he's a) scratching thorns out of his eyes and b) shaking Petrie and Ducky (Duckie?) off his face.
2. His jumping and breathing animation (as seen in his first fight) is reused later on (I think it's when LF looses his Treestar (Tree-Star? [TreeStar? (Augh, why can't I spell?! :confused )]).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I honestly never noticed this :lol
Fact is that the Sharptooth Fight scenes were the bestest animated scenes of the the whole franchise :)

As for spelling: No one will yell at you because of spelling mistakes :) As long as they don't make a post unreadable :P:

it's Ducky with a 'y'

I don't know what's the correct spelling of 'treestar' ... I'm not a native English speaker you know :D I usually write it 'treestar'
Inactive, probably forever.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
1. Sharptooth's animation is the same when he's a) scratching thorns out of his eyes and b) shaking Petrie and Ducky (Duckie?) off his face.

I did notice this one. It still holds up well though IMO.

How about Petrie when he is laughing at Cera after the tar monster scare, compared to when he laughs after he throws a rock at Sharptooth? I'm pretty sure that's the same animation, but I'd have to double check.

Edit: I just now checked, and no it is not.  :oops My mistake. I thought it was. Uh, then, kudos to the animation team for not reusing the animation there!  :lol See how I turned a negative into a positive there  :p .

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I noticed that in LBT 2 as it rain they used the same animation of the water flooding down the rocks again and again... I would've made it the same way if I were an animator :P:

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
As I was on the so-far fruitless quest to find cutscenes in the original film, I noticed a couple more instances of reused animation:

3. The shot of Ducky's father turning while eating before Ducky hatches is the same as at the end where the gang finds the Great Valley.

4. A similar scene, where Littlefoot's grandfather (or other longneck?) is eating at the beginning, shows up at the end right before the credits.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: FreckledOne,Oct 2 2013 on  07:38 PM
As I was on the so-far fruitless quest to find cutscenes in the original film, I noticed a couple more instances of reused animation:

3. The shot of Ducky's father turning while eating before Ducky hatches is the same as at the end where the gang finds the Great Valley.

4. A similar scene, where Littlefoot's grandfather (or other longneck?) is eating at the beginning, shows up at the end right before the credits.
Thinking back, you're right.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well done! It finally becomes visible :)

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks! I still made some editing mistakes though. :(

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I've noticed reused clips from re-watching the film these last few months.
E.G. In the scene were Cera's been chased by the dome-heads in the cave I think they re-used a shot from when she was running in the thorn bush, and they re-used that creepy close up shot of were she screamed ( and can see right down her gob) when she saw Sharptooth in the cave.
And I think in the scene were Littlefoot is running down a hill when he save Ducky and Spike from the lava pit, they re-used (and mirrored) a clip from his mum's death scene were he goes running up to his mum.
They also seemed to re-use bits of dialog too, mainly Petrie's silly grunts.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Nov 11 2013 on  10:01 AM
I've noticed reused clips from re-watching the film these last few months.
E.G. In the scene were Cera's been chased by the dome-heads in the cave I think they re-used a shot from when she was running in the thorn bush, and they re-used that creepy close up shot of were she screamed ( and can see right down her gob) when she saw Sharptooth in the cave.
And I think in the scene were Littlefoot is running down a hill when he save Ducky and Spike from the lava pit, they re-used (and mirrored) a clip from his mum's death scene were he goes running up to his mum.
They also seemed to re-use bits of dialog too, mainly Petrie's silly grunts.
I checked the domehead one, and it's similar, but not the same. I also found one that was used X3. ._.