The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Elusive Illustrated Storybook

Phantom · 64 · 14333

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I downloaded the whole thing but I cannot open a .rar file.
You have to unpack the. rar file first, then 68 PNG files will appear which you can watch.

By the way: The quality is really great! Thank you, Sneak! :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:08:57 PM by LeventeII »

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: LeventeII on Feb 24 2018, 07:06:50 PM
I downloaded the whole thing but I cannot open a .rar file.
You have to unpack the. rar file first, then 68 PNG files will appear which you can watch.

By the way: The quality is really great! Thank you, Sneak! :)
I usually have issues downloading straight from the browser for some reason (downloads 12 MB and then the download kinda freezes), maybe that's why I'm having trouble.

edit: it finally downloaded! Great job Sneak! :D
Now we need to get the other - what, twenty something books? xD
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:34:01 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Yeah, Wiki contained only images from book, I used my old-old PC scanner to make every of 66 pages readable for people. :P
Someone uploaded it on Wiki already. Read it!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sneak on Feb 25 2018, 03:51:46 AM
Yeah, Wiki contained only images from book, I used my old-old PC scanner to make every of 66 pages readable for people. :P
Someone uploaded it on Wiki already. Read it!
It was me. You can read it here instead if you couldn't get the .rar file to work:

http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time:_The_Illustrated_Story
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It seems I'd need to download some kind of app to unpack .rar files and my normal photo viewer has been broken for some time so it could explain my problems in opening Sneak's pictures. So thanks a lot for uploading the shots to the wiki, Hypno! Now I can see them perfectly! :DD
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:51:32 AM by Sovereign »

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tip. :) I can open even Sneak's files now and they look great.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:24:48 PM by Sovereign »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This book appears to be based on the script that Sneak recently uploaded. From me reading both the script and book, they appear to be mostly identical and the book has mostly paintings from the cels in the movie, so technically we have some new visuals and stills, they're just painted instead :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, it's pretty much the same thing. :DD However, the travel montage scene is still missing and the ending is still far different in the book and the script. I really like the last scene between Littlefoot and his mother and I truly wish it had been preserved. :( On the other hand, I wonder what this "Valley song" thing is? While such an element could sound cool on paper, I fear it could have easily become cheesy or cringy in the film (unless you believe in the heaven ending ;) ) so I'm rather happy that was left out, though.

I've been wondering about Krieger's answer in the light of the script, however. There isn't a scene with Cera crushing any flowers nor any alternative pteranodon scenes in the script. Did he remember wrong or were some of the cut scenes added to the film after this draft script?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Only I know is script is lack of Snake attack storyboards scenes, but already includes Rooter who was said to be included much later... So we can't make conclusion only on script and book, can't even say WHAT animated scenes was cut. There was much more we don't know... It can be explanation why some scenes is missing and vice versa.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:00:31 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sneak on Feb 25 2018, 03:53:14 PM
Only I know is script is lack of Snake attack storyboards scenes, but already includes Rooter who was said to be included much later... So we can't make conclusion only on script and book, can't even say WHAT animated scenes was cut. There was much more we don't know... It can be explanation why some scenes is missing and vice versa.
The snake attack must have been cut earlier on (like sometime in 1986), and it appears that Rooter was actually added in earlier than we thought (but I myself can certainly believe that he got added in mid-1987, production began in 1985 according to Stu Krieger, and we know the movie was going to come out in late 1987 but a studio relocation delayed it a year later). I think I can make conclusions based on those assumptions.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:13:53 PM by Hypno »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What snake scene are you talking about? I've gone through cut scenes thread many times and I don't remember such a scene.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:44:55 PM by Sovereign »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Never seen that one before, I guess I should check the wiki more often. ;)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign on Feb 25 2018, 05:44:42 PM
What snake scene are you talking about? I've gone through cut scenes thread many times and I don't remember such a scene.
Here it is.

http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time#Littlefoot_and_the_Snake

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185 on Feb 14 2017, 08:55:57 PM
Dude I just found it online it's on eBay. It's 100.00 USD for the book. Witch translates to 5,702.34 Ruble and 34 copex. Hopefully this helps you.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?cmd=SKW&_pgn=...cover+Rare+Book
$100.00?!

I guess it's because it's so ancient...

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex on Apr 28 2018, 02:09:04 AM
Quote from: ADFan185 on Feb 14 2017, 08:55:57 PM
Dude I just found it online it's on eBay. It's 100.00 USD for the book. Witch translates to 5,702.34 Ruble and 34 copex. Hopefully this helps you.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?cmd=SKW&_pgn=...cover+Rare+Book
$100.00?!

I guess it's because it's so ancient...
I think it's out of print, so yep, it is a pretty ancient book. Time is going by and the 1980s are getting farther and farther back in time.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It seems that the Sharptooth attack in both the book and the script are shorter than the storyboards. When Cera starts going "the wrong way", Sharptooth exposes them and Littlefoot's mother appears pretty fast. But the 1986 storyboards had a lot more than that. Perhaps they had already trimmed the scene quite a bit before it was animated? It would suck if so, but it's starting to seem like it.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Whoa, I had no idea this book was so "elusive." I have it, and I honestly can't even remember where I got it from or when (I know it wasn't when the movie was originally released)! I also have the 3D comic book with the new character named Avie and some TV series picture books, so if anyone is interested in seeing those, I'd be happy to take pictures.

Now we need to get the other - what, twenty something books? xD
Are there really that many LBT books out there? :olittlefoot I thought only the first movie and TV series had any books released with them (with the comic book being the only exception I know of). If there's more, I wanna know! :DD