The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 57221

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Replies later, guys... first I need to kick photobucket in the ass... now I may update all links on this forum... like I've got nothing else to do!!! These motherfuckers...

Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Man, the way you drew the speedometer is amazing. I never took you for such a big photobucket extortion fan! (I'm sorry please don't kill me :lol)

I managed to take a quick glance of your picture when you first uploaded it but I'll wait until I can look at it again properly before I make any further comments on it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah photo bucket ruined this site it's sad that a ton of your drawings aren't there anymore because of greed.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Great!!! You deserved it, stupid threehorn girl!
</>

love it! :)
Glad you like it, Snik :)

Nice job here! I like the colors and Cera's embarrassment has been captured rather well. Her front leg seems somewhat weird but otherwise, I really like this drawing. The overall look of the picture makes justice to the scene and the details are done quite well. smile.gif As for your next drawing, could it be Ducky's reaction to Petrie's expected death?
Thanks! Not sure about the leg but I tried to stay rather close to the original pose here  :unsure:

As for my next drawing... weeeeeell you got it  :lol:

Aww don't cry Cera.. seriously I don't give a crap what Cera haters say. I feel sorry for her in this scene. I know what it's like to have Dick move pranks pulled on you
Yeah, we already talked about it on DeviantArt. I don't quite agree with your view point but I understand and respect yours of course :)

Excellent job on your picture of Cera when she is sad. I'm starting to get the inspiration to draw Land Before Time characters after looking at fanart on this site and DeviantArt.
Thanks a lot!  :)littlefoot Would like to see what you can come up with :)

Awesome as always, dude smile.gif
Much appreciated! ;)

Man, the way you drew the speedometer is amazing. I never took you for such a big photobucket extortion fan! (I'm sorry please don't kill me dino_laugh.gif)
*throws punches at you* nah I'm kidding ^^spike

I managed to take a quick glance of your picture when you first uploaded it but I'll wait until I can look at it again properly before I make any further comments on it.
Yeah, I found a replacement for photobucket so I'll replace it in a bit.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
sorry for double posting but there were so many comment to reply to that I felt saver making a new one for the new drawing ;)

lineart:

coloured:

Hmm, I've also switched my editing program. Need to work on these again tomorrow, the white space was not intended :p

EDIT: There you go!

So, I guess, by now, it's pretty clear what my "series" is about. I'll draw a couple of sad scenes of different characters (though I'm also drawing other things inbetween) to practise emotions. I started with sadness  ^^spike

I really like how this here turned out btw. Got two more of these done and a couple of more or less finished sketches that need some more work (those with a planned background might take me longer to complete if I manage to succeed at it at all)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
nooooooooooo
T-T
Don't cry, Ducky...
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You did a great job with the expression!  :) The overall feel with the picture suits the scene very well and Ducky seems genuinely sad. However, it kinda looks like she has no neck here which somewhat distracted me at first. Still, this is one of your best pictures in establishing the emotion and feeling in a picture. Also, the coloring is pretty good and smooth too. Well done with this picture!  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
nooooooooooo
T-T
Don't cry, Ducky...
*pulls Ducky into a big hug*  ^^spike

You did a great job with the expression!  smile.gif The overall feel with the picture suits the scene very well and Ducky seems genuinely sad. However, it kinda looks like she has no neck here which somewhat distracted me at first. Still, this is one of your best pictures in establishing the emotion and feeling in a picture. Also, the coloring is pretty good and smooth too. Well done with this picture!  in-yes.gif
Thank you very much! :)

As for the neck, note that Ducky's head is hanging very mow here so the neck is blocked from view :) And of course I only made this a half-body drawing because 1.) the body was irrelevant for this drawing and 2. I still had plenty of space above the Cera drawing so I just drew Ducky on the same paper (same as Petrie, actually :p)

Looks even better in original btw, this photo, despite post-production, just doesn't give the original justice as it is with many of my drawings :p

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nicely done! Drawing the eyes correctly I feel are the most important for conveying emotion and you did a great job with Ducky's here. I feel like her left shoulder is drawn a little too far away from the base of the neck, though it could be just angle the perspective is drawn at makes it look like that to me.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks! :D

Yeah, the eyes are a big key for emotions. Very big key. :yes

Her left shoulder is actually left of the picture aka. not on the picture. At least I think so. The green part should be part of Ducky's side (the area between belly and back uhh I guess :p) which is green in Ducky's case. Yeah, the perspective is a bit odd in this one, couldn't have drawn that without the reference picture...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know why I didn't think to just look at your deviantart page to see your most recent drawing of Cera. Anyways you did a great job drawing her! I personally find Cera the hardest to draw out the the main gang, mainly because of her head and frills.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't know why I didn't think to just look at your deviantart page to see your most recent drawing of Cera. Anyways you did a great job drawing her! I personally find Cera the hardest to draw out the the main gang, mainly because of her head and frills.
Thanks! Yeah, Cera isn't easy to draw... all the details :p although I struggle less with her than I do with Spike who's actually quite easy to draw...

Time for sad Petrie :p

lineart:

coloured:

I'm happy with the drawing itself (it was quick and easy lol) but I don't really like how it looks on the picture... as in, the original looks much better :p

The next one will be Spike (though I might upload one or two quick things inbetween..)

Hope you like ^^spike

PS: I will be updating one of my old artworks each Thursday (or Friday if I forget to :p). That means, I'll be fixing the old picture links with the pictures as I shared them back them but post an updated (and, for the most part, scanned!) version of them! I think many of you weren't around when I started uploading my art... (also a lot of people from the old days aren't around anymore which is sad  <_< ) so I think you may not have seen some of them yet and of course I'll probably have a few lines to tell about them  :angel

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Poor Petrie continues to be sad. :(

Good one!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
:(

This one is cool too!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A very nice picture!  :) You have captured Petrie's sad expression really well and the picture works nicely as a whole. The coloring is rather simple but it looks very smooth and does its job. Good work again with this one!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks guys, glad you like it! :D

And the first Throwback thingy already falls on a Friday afternoon, me and schedules... nope nope nope  :lol

Alrighty, there you go!

[old version]
I'm amazed what a good quality scan and some better editing skills can do to a drawing   :wow The saturation was way too high (I didn't even raise it here because it's just ruining the colours, this is much more to how it looks IRL)! Some contrast and better lighting did the rest. (oh, and because I cut the edges off my signature is gone xD)

This was the first LBT themed drawing I ever did (and, pretty much, the first piece of art I made with the intention to show it online :p) and I didn't know anything about art stuff back then. These pencil strokes are so... cringe-worthy and the colouring poor but I still got the lineart pretty accurate I'd say.

Needless to say, this is still one of my favourites, it's the one that started it all  :angel

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't have too much to say about the Petrie drawing. It's a nice quick drawing that does a good job of showing his sadness.

I like the idea of re-showing off your old drawings. While I did skim through them awhile ago having them in the spotlight again will help to actually take some time to look at them. For your drawing of Ducky, apart from being quite literally rough around the edges it's actually quite good. Though the original image's quality wasn't the best but it seems to mask a lot of the blemishes as well. I also have to say that her pose is simply the best.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep, yep, yep! Irresistable! ^^spike

Actually... good point :DD Yeah it killed some of the flaws as well ^^

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, you already had the idea quite correct back then but isn't it nice to see how much you've improved in drawing techniques since then? Even if this picture is quite nice, it's true that much of it looks pretty crude but we have to start somewhere, right?  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're absolutely right about that :)

Though it seems the more I want to learn, the harder it gets  :sducky