The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey Through The Mists: Alternate Ending

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Things have been bad in the Great Valley. Although the kids got back from the Land of Mists with the Night Flowers; they didn't get them to Grandpa Longneck in time. The elderly male drew his last breath just after saying goodbye to his family. He is the second family member to die in front of Littlefoot. The young longneck ran off in the direction of the Thundering Falls. Tears were streaming down his face as he saw his grandpa dying over and over again in his head. Soon enough, Topsy looked over and saw that Littlefoot was crying. He may not be the greatest at comforting others; but, he would try his best. He wandered over to the young one.

"Hey; I heard your grandpa was sick," Topsy said.

Littlefoot nodded.

"He was; now he's not," Littlefoot grumbled.

Topsy was confused.

"What do you mean?" Topsy asked.

Littlefoot let out a shaky sob as more tears streamed down his face.

"He's dead! The others and I didn't get the cure to him in time; now, grandma, my nestmates and I would have to leave the Great Valley with the migrating longneck herd," Littlefoot sobbed.

It was now Topsy's turn to get upset. He may not have always gotten along with the elderly male; but, they were still good friends.

"I'm sorry for your loss; your grandfather was a very good leader; he shall be missed," Topsy replied.

Littlefoot nodded. He didn't expect Topsy to show sympathy towards any species other than his own.

Moments later, Grandma Longneck appeared over at the Thundering Falls. She was relieved that Littlefoot was safe.

"There you are; I was so worried about you," Grandma replied.

Topsy looked up at the bereaved female.

"I'm very sorry for your loss," Topsy told her.

The elderly female smiled weakly at Topsy's statement.

"Thank you Topsy; I just know he's reunited with my daughter in the Great Beyond," Grandma replied.

Littlefoot hung his head while the grown ups were talking. He didn't want to leave the Great Valley despite his promise to his grandpa. Grandma lowered her head to Littlefoot.

"I don't want to leave; it's not fair; Grandpa didn't deserve to die or to get sick," Littlefoot replied.

"I know Littlefoot; but, we promised to leave with the migrating herd," Grandma admitted, also not wanting to leave.

Littlefoot knew his grandma didn't want to leave either. Even Topsy was slightly saddened at that.

"Cera and the others will miss us; and I'll miss them too," Littlefoot admitted.

Grandma sighed; knowing that Littlefoot was right. They have other family members in the Great Valley to support them.

"I know we promised that we'd leave with our cousins; but, I'd miss this place too much; your grandpa would understand that we don't want to leave our friends behind," Grandma explained.

Littlefoot smiled knowing that they aren't going to leave the Great Valley.

Moments later, the rest of Littlefoot's family and friends arrived at the Thundering Falls. They saw that he and Grandma were still upset over Grandpa's death. Littlefoot's friends and siblings all hugged him; he was slightly cheered up by the warm embrace.

"Good news guys; we're staying in the Great Valley," Littlefoot claimed.

The other kids were happy to hear it; even though his grandpa died.

After a while, the longnecks went home, Cera and Topsy went back to their nest, Ducky and Spike went back to their nest, and the same goes for Petrie.

Soon enough; everyone went to sleep and hoped to put the sad day behind them.

This is a what-if one-shot. I always wondered what it would have been like if Grandpa Longneck died in the fourth film. Here is my interpretation. There are some OC's mentioned.

(don't worry; he's alive in my other stories, I was just exploring an alternate ending to a great movie)