The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is Your current job or future job

oogaboo · 104 · 25310

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm currently working for Publix, which isn't bad, but my future job will be Web Designing and working for the IT department for fixing computers. When I save enough money I'll have my own business I hope.

What job are you in or getting into and how is it treating you?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I work at a radio station, i'm thier statistic guy, and so far its going great..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just got a night stocker job at a Wal-Mart.

My dream job right now would be some kind of programmer, or at least something having to do heavily with computers.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, right now I'm a senior student, and I'm casually looking for a summer job. Something simple enough, like a joe-job or shelf-stacking or something. So far, no luck.

But my dream job is in animation. Preferably traditional, or at least hand-drawn (I don't mind CG, but I actually know how to do hand-drawn).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
At the moment I'm a production assistant at a web design company, but ideally... in terms of career after college.... hmmmm.

Still working on that one :p I'm taking the Foreign Service Exam in June, but I mean I'm not holding my breath on that, as I think only 2.5% of the test takers go on to join the service. But yeah, I'd like to work in the Foreign Service, or an intelligence agency. Still narrowing down my choices. It's a big world out there. :p

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm currently a front end cashier/bagger/utility clerk at a local grocery store.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I swear this topic is somewhere else already, but maybe I'm going nuts or something. :p

My job is a special needs teacher, specifically with adolescents on the autism spectrum.

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
I'm currently looking for a job since my internship fell through, hoping for at least a position as a manager somewhere.

As for the future I will be a paleontologist.  I have always wanted to be one and I have taken the beginning steps to become one after my first year of college.

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I have a job of manager assistant in walmart. but i'm still in the career of Computer Engineering.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cashier at Kohls.  
Ugh, I'd rather be anywhere but there.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ Yeah, I hear ya Starfallraptor. I'd rather be anywhere but my current job. :p

I've pretty much made up my mind, and I'm shooting for either an intelligence agency, the Smithsonian, or the Foreign Service, which is my first choice. Nine more months until I can take the exam again... I intend to pass it this time. :p

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm remodeling Wal-Mart right now. It's a series of temp jobs ranging from a few weeks to a couple months each.

I'm trying to get hired by one of the Wal-Marts I've worked at. It'd be great if they'd hire me, because at least I'd have a stable job, and not have to deal with the stress, uncertainty and worry that temp jobs give, with minimum wage and no benifits. It SUCKS!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I could have sworn I posted in this topic already.

I am taking college courses in hopes of becoming a computer tech, or a computer repairman (or woman in this case).

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lucky for me I have a Job with benefits and I'm very thankful for my job. I'm a Produce Clerk part time with benefits and a union so I'm not leaving my job anytime soon. You people need to be thankful for your jobs in stead of bitching and complaining about your current jobs you have. Be thankful you have a job in this very bad economy.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ Why would I be happy if I feel I'm underemployed below my level? That's like settling for less, and I'm far too ambitious to EVER do something like that. I NEVER sell myself short, especially if it deals with a field I can't stand. I never said I wasn't thankful, which I am, I'm just wishing I had a real job with actual salary and benefits. THAT would be more commensurate with my level of education. Yes, I make decent money, but have no benefits, and hate the type of work I'm doing. To me, it's not about making money, it's about being fulfilled while making a living off of that. You may seek to sell yourself short, but I'll never do that. I got my degree for a reason, and I don't intend to waste it on this job.

I feel it's good to stoke your dreams, and not stop until you get there. I've so far made every one of my goals come true, and this is no different. I am very thankful I have a job, but do I feel it's my ideal point I need to be at? Definitely not. I have no benefits, so I'm basically screwed next year once I lose my health insurance. Don't really see how that's something to just sit back and say how good I have it, because I really don't. It's people like you that I simply never listen to, because I don't believe in ever selling myself short, nor am I content to settle for what temporary crap I have until I accomplish my actual, real, tangible goals. I never said I wasn't thankful, just that I wished I was working another job.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 21 2011 on  11:48 AM
Lucky for me I have a Job with benefits and I'm very thankful for my job. I'm a Produce Clerk part time with benefits and a union so I'm not leaving my job anytime soon. You people need to be thankful for your jobs in stead of bitching and complaining about your current jobs you have. Be thankful you have a job in this very bad economy.
They are thankful they have a job. Anybody who has a job in this economy is thankful. But that doesn't mean they enjoy their jobs. Sometimes the jobs they're stuck with are shitty and give absolutely no benefits.

I do anything I can to make money (except sell myself ;) ). Sometimes I babysit (some people give me around 40 bucks per kid, which I think is absolutely insane!), or I mow lawns and not tiny little lawns. Some people around here have lawns the size of my house. Good pay there, too. In my spare time, if I ever get any, I volunteer at the local animal shelter. No pay, but it's fun to work with the animals. I also work at a pet store on the weekends.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ Thank you, Justin. :yes Yeah... that's my point too. Just because Sanitation Workers get paid a lot, do you think they enjoy their job? It's a generalization yes, but an example all the same. Yeah, ideally, I'd like a job with a salary and benefits, not just a job with a wage. :p I'm thankful for it, you better believe it, and would fight to keep it, but do I like it? Eh... no. :p

Sounds like a fun volunteer job, at the animal shelter. :yes I love to work with animals too, but I haven't volunteered ever since I moved out of my home state.

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm thankful for what I do have, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to get better. I'm going to college right now for a degree in Computer Science, so I'm not planning on working some crappy temp or low level job forever.

I'm trying to work my way up, one step at a time. First, I'm worrying about getting a stable job. After I get that, I can worry about getting a GOOD job.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sometimes I hate my job I have and I hate my co-workers at times but I'm lucking to have a job right now.  And glad to have income coming in. With out my job me and my cat don't eat. So right now I'm glad that I have this job. I'm just sick and tired of you people whining and complaining. So what if it's not the job you love right now. Just suck it up and be thankful for the job you have right now. That is all you need to do okay? It's a job job's aren't suppose to be fun. That is why it's called work. So everyone should be thankful for there jobs they have right now. tons of people right now don't have jobs. And it sucks but to the people that have jobs keep them. And stop complaining about the jobs you have, That is all I'm saying on this.