The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

100 billion dollars

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are civilian subs, though they are likely expensive so only certain large scientific organizations and such own them.  Not sure about Germany but here on pbs they have shown some here and there.   There may also be 1 man subs for the very rich, who knows what toys the very rich have open to them that most folks do not know about.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jun 13 2008 on  08:19 AM
There are civilian subs, though they are likely expensive so only certain large scientific organizations and such own them.  Not sure about Germany but here on pbs they have shown some here and there.   There may also be 1 man subs for the very rich, who knows what toys the very rich have open to them that most folks do not know about.
I was meaning a military sub.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Holy crapola.  Just put that in a savings account and you'd make 7 billion dollars a year just having it sit there.  I think the choice would be obvious. :rolleyes: You should have made the amount a lot less.  Like, 2 million at the most.  Then you'd only get around 100,000 a year and you might want to spend some of it before putting it all into a savings account.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
New goal: I'd move, faaar away  :lol: And meet everyone I'd like to meet.  :^.^:

Ok .. First finish school :p

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I¥d give all the money to the poor. Well except for 500.000 dollars maybe. I am okay with my life. I have everything I need. A family, enough to eat, enough money to travel one or two times a year. that¥s enough for me.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
First I'd quit my job working at the movie theater. And then I'd...........

1. Buy my mom and dad new cars

2. Donate some money to needy kids or the ASPCA

3. Move to New New York City

4. Buy a big Mansion

5. Buy tickets to every single Yankee game.

6. Spend the rest of the money on my own selfish needs

I would give money to my friends but unfortunately my friends if they knew I had that much money they would rob me dry of every cent I had. ;)

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me, I'd get my hands on a B-1B (and learn how to fly it), plus a place to store and maintain it and however much I'd need to keep living the way I am now for the rest of my life. The rest, I'd give to my friends. They need it more than I do, I think, and I'm happy the way I am (though most may not envy it, what with the pain and all...)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You know, I'd go see all the great friends I met on the GoF!  
Also move to Europe for awhile (few years maybe), for the experience and whatnot.:) :lol:   Visit people, that kind of thing. B)

Who knows what, from there!  With money not being an issue, the sky's the limit! :wow

Oh, and hire a team of programmers to make our LBT game!  It's hurting my head. :lol  :lol
I'd probably go take game design / programming courses too, for fun. :P:

So...who's buying the rights to LBT? :D  :wow  :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Me, I'd get my hands on a B-1B (and learn how to fly it), plus a place to store and maintain it and however much I'd need to keep living the way I am now for the rest of my life.
Does the second amendment cover the most modern weapons of mass destruction held by the US forces?
You know, I'd go see all the great friends I met on the GoF!
Also move to Europe for awhile (few years maybe), for the experience and whatnot.smile.gif laugh.gif Visit people, that kind of thing. cool.gif
Aye, that's where I would spend a good deal of money too, with the only exception that I would go mostly to the US, Canada, and Australia rather than Europe.
So...who's buying the rights to LBT?
In the light of recent news that would be a good way to spend some of the money. Get those rights, a decent production team and then see "Old Threehorns" realized in a manner so people can actually enjoy it  :rolleyes:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Does the second amendment cover the most modern weapons of mass destruction held by the US forces?
There are actually several old military planes which can now be privately owned.  There is a team of civilian pilots who fly F-104 Starfighters at airshows.  There is at least one privately owned F-4 Phantom (the owner flew them in Vietnam), and I think you can buy Mig-21s and Mig-17s and own them as long as you strip them of their weapon systems.  Then again, the Mig-21 is a piece of garbage so I wouldn't trust it.  But no, the military doesn't generally sell advanced weapons to civilians.

I would buy a Mig-29 because they are cheap, easy to find, and reliable.  All I would have to to is learn to fly it and remove the avionics so it can't fire weapons.  
You may be wondering why I want a fighter jet so bad.  Well it isn't because they blow stuff up.  It is because fighter jets look awesome.  

Anyway, I would get a runway and a hangar for my Mig and I may get a French Mirage-2000 as well. (Well, they export them to bad guys.  Why not sell one to me too?)

A Rafale M and a Eurofighter would be nice too but I would have to wait until France and England start exporting those.    

Next I would buy a 747, paint it in an LBT themed paintjob, fit it with all kinds of luxuries and a movie theater, and designate it the official GoF private jet.  Then I would give it to Petrie because he started this site in the first place.  Hopefully, he would pick us all up and take us for a ride and we could hang out.

Then I would buy the rights to LBT and get a production team to continue the series.  I may also looking at turing some of the better quality fanfics into films.  

Oh and I would get a really big yard and a herd of buffalo because I love buffalo.  
The rest of the money would be spilt among the fellow members of this site, still leaving each of us with a vast sum of cash.

Syrik

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well...I'd mostly support my family with that much money, and also use it to fund my future group, EWAA. I'm boring. ^^;

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me, I'd try anyways...That's how much I love the Lancer...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 4 2008 on  01:46 AM
So...who's buying the rights to LBT?
In the light of recent news that would be a good way to spend some of the money. Get those rights, a decent production team and then see "Old Threehorns" realized in a manner so people can actually enjoy it  :rolleyes:
Oh, yes yes yes!  Let us have control of LBT production, and we'll be sure to please fans allover with some good sequels :^.^:.  Just can't make it too scary for the little ones :lol.  I never did think of that one in my first post, but I'd be more than willing to chip in if I had such a ridiculous amount of money B).

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you think a second season of the TV Series could be done with my story?  I'm sure it's already showing potential. :) (I'm just stuck because of sucky writer's block. :P:)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
How much do you think the rights to LBT would be?  I don't care if I have the rights or not so long as Universal is doing it's job, but I would be interested in purchasing those rights if possible.