The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Making a choice

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Well it seems at this stage there is nothing much I can do. I can only hope for the best but if they want me out they have every right.
I now need to make some choices
I'm considering serving the Army, train hard and maybe I will get somewhere, also it seems like the only ticket out of a tough life of Aspies here.
Or I could wait for my results and see if I can transfer school but schools don't tend to take in Aspies only those lousy schools with gangsters and fighting all they long.
Lastly I could go back to Taiwan and see if I can have a proper education though Taiwan and Singapore are quite hostile at a moment.
Right now I just don't know a damn thing to do, even my schoolmates told me to be a monk, most of my aspie friends just declared their condition and now they will never get good jobs they will go to a school where they are trained to do simple things like being a Waiter.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I pretty much declared my condition yet I am not going to get a simple job. Right now I'm taking a course in Microsoft Office and heading towards a degree in computers at some point in the future. You do not know for certain what kind of career your friends will have.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You don't really get it. Chances if I may not make it to higher education already they restricted my subjects because of my condition and they will kick me out when they have the chance. Autism in sg has no really much future it is still very poorly understood. One of our politicians with an autistic son is forced to send his son to a home for the mentally disabled.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I am really, really starting to hate Singapore's attitude towards ASDs.

I can think of two choices: lie about your condition and try to get into higher education or simply move out. Personally, lying about your condition seems to be more practical.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Its not going to work though I just realized something. This treatment on ASD kids is on purpose. I government just want parents of ASD kids to come up and ask for help and pay them cash. I still am really frustrated by the fact our government loves cash that they exploit us and also through schemes to tax people for driving on roads and stuff.
Lying will never work if you lie you go to jail when they send their government Psychologist to inspect you.
Serris I can't move out if I do I must declare stateless still I get a new identity and paying 75000 dollars to the government. Because I am below 18

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Then fight back!  Prove them wrong!  Show them just how wrong they are about people with your condition.  You'd be surprised how much one voice can do.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the difference between cultures in regard is people on the AS is glaring, i once had a teacher in college who was southeast Asia and didn't really understand my unique situation.. Paradise,, i's suggest you move from Singapore at the earliest opportunity,
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Poke voicing yourself out is punishable to live imprisonment for being a threat to the country unless you are a politician. Can't leave Singapore told ya that to leave you must pay 75000 dollars and declare stateless till the new country accepts you.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Are you ***** serious!? You cannot even leave of your own free will!?

At this point, campaign for change or prove their old views wrong!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Sounds easy for us Americans as we are allowed to do any of the above of our own free will in most cases (under 18 your a minor and technically can't do most things on your own yet, legally).  Not everyone is equally as fortunate and/or lucky to have rights such as these.  I do feel for you PB, and I don't have an answer, not knowing really how the culture defines AS, and what that means for the population.

Guys, remember in the US before the passing of laws in the 1970s, we treated people just like PB is saying they treat people with disabilities.  It was not too long ago this country was no different.  Given the right people in the right places, changes can be made.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Oct 16 2010 on  02:11 AM
Are you ***** serious!? You cannot even leave of your own free will!?

At this point, campaign for change or prove their old views wrong!
Serris campaigning against the government will result to a massive purge imprisoning thousands just like in 1965. They were then released to work as workers for the government.
Petrie I do hope our government will change for this year's elections only then I can have hope but it never changes and the party has been ruling SG for 40 years over.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm coming close to a decision I will post about it tomorrow.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well here is what I think I can do, I use my PSLE cert and take GCSE privately with my brother's scholarship money and proceed to Junior college a year later in UK since education in Singapore have affiliates in UK.
The sg government doesn't mind its people going overseas for education if its to Britain. It would be there I change my citizen ship and get the hell out of Singapore.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good thinking PB. What ever it takes to get you out from under that draconian regime you're living under now..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Oct 21 2010 on  02:12 AM
Well here is what I think I can do, I use my PSLE cert and take GCSE privately with my brother's scholarship money and proceed to Junior college a year later in UK since education in Singapore have affiliates in UK.
The sg government doesn't mind its people going overseas for education if its to Britain. It would be there I change my citizen ship and get the hell out of Singapore.
Sounds like a decent idea but I warn you the UK government has had a massive shake up in terms of issuing citizenships since the torch passed with the last election. More people are on their way OUT of the country due to a lot of complaints of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers abusing the UK citizenship programs. More people are being deported or having applications rejected. Admittingly, the UK isn't as tough on immigration as other countries but laws are getting more strict. The country's in an uproar over the Chancellor's recent budget report that is looking to axe a substantial number of unions leading to a sharp rise in unemployment and so many tens of millions to "help" restablise the economy. We're all bracing ourselves for a VAT increase promised for January next year (up from 17.5% to 20%). Universities and higher education facilities are looking at reforming their fee system which (if it goes ahead) will see course fees jump from £3,200 to around £6,500 a year; and that's for locals! With this in mind, gawd knows what it will mean for international students  :(

I'm not saying this to dampen your plans PB, but just to make you aware that there are a lot of governmental changes the UK is undergoing right now. Things are getting harder but with the right channels (and enough money) I'm sure you could make it here. I wish you all the best mate! ;)

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Or I could go to UK then go to Germany by taking a Pure German Course overseas from the junior college there. Than I change citizenship.
Today it makes me certain if I don't do anything I will lose my rights to education. I recieved a video from an expelled student who was expelled for autisim. And I realized, the school never creditted me for my contributions throughout my 4 years. They wrote in my testimonial N.A.
I went to the Officer of Welfare to complain about my problems and he said.... You are just Different.
Life is just that way.....
 :anger

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well dudes today I make history I'm going to put my plan into action. If I don't make it for this GCE O level exam I'm done. Wish me luck!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good luck! :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile