The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Making of Best of Friends

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Best of Friends is probably one of my most favorite songs from The Land Before Time.  One main reason why I love it so much is the message behind the song.  Basically, no matter how long you are away from your friends that they will always be your friends, no matter what the changes may actually be by then.

However, as much as I enjoy and understand the song, I never knew the story behind it until recently.  I want everyone to watch the following video and tell me what you think about it and the song in particular after you watch it.  Who knows, maybe it'll give you a whole new perspective on the song.  So, without further ado, here's the link to said video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otjw56HY2C0

Enjoy!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Interesting, thank you for posting the link. I actually like the song too due to the fact that it really highlights the extent of the depth of friendship that Cera, petrie, spike and ducky have for littlefoot and that they are indeed family that would always been there.  I think there are many people who can relate to this song and it's meaning, not just in regards to friends but family members too.  It's very extended in the meaning or so I feel anyway.  Plus the melody is beautiful.  It's a shame that not all of the LBT songs are like this, only three in my opinion stand out for me: If we hold on together, Best of Friends and No one has to be alone.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've had this video on the LBT Archive for years now.  Can't remember where I found it.  But it does outline some good points.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll have to look at it later. I have to get back to class soon, but I'll look at it later/

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay I looked at it. Sorry if it's so late. I"ve just been really busy lately.

I like this song. And I think Olivia-Newton John has a good voice so I like that she sang the song in the credits. I think it shows howjust how close they are and no matter what happens, they will always be the best of friends.