The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How could Chomper be named in Sharptooth language?

Sneak · 9 · 2291

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I wanted to create this topic loooooooong time ago...

Ok.
Topic about everyone's favorite friendly sharptooth!  :OhYou

We know that he was named by Littlefoot in LBT2, after our longneck found him. After little biter got his first snack, dragonfly (Littlefoot should be grateful that it wasn't some longneck's tasty long neck  :sducky), Littlefoot came with this name.

Later, in LBT5, we find out that Chomper's parents, speaking on Sharptooth Language, call Chomper as "Chomper" too.
And it made me think. Chomper's parents. What possibility of naming their son "Chomper" too, using a word with the same meaning, the same word if you translate it to Leafeaters Language?
Well, if many sharpteeth name their children in "sharptooth" style, name after body parts, hunting tricks, or maner of speaking and making noises, - "Chomper", "Red Claw", "Screech" - then if we throw off LBT plot easiness and other prejudices, then there's possibility that parents could name Chomper like that.

But...
What if they didn't?
What if Chomper is named differently on his kind's language?  :thinking

It makes me think: how can he be named? How his name translates to English, aka Leafeaters Language?
How do you guys think? What's your favorite suggestions?

Imagine you're one Chomper's parents who lives in Mysterious Beyond, possibly in dark vast deserted area. You have just found your son in Valley.
How would you name him?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:42:25 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well I can only speak for my personal head-canon, but in my Seven Hunters series I had Chomper's name in sharptooth be something completely different (Path) which the gang was only made aware of after the gang had been transformed into sharpteeth themselves.

Ruby was perplexed by this. "Why do we need a pack name, Chomper?" She inquired. "If I am already Ruby then why do I need to be called something else? I would not want to be called something else unless I was something else."

Chomper knew that question would arise, so he addressed it the best that he could. "A pack name is like an earned name. It says something about you."

As the others gave him blank stares, he decided to explain.

"For example, my true name is Path." The others were surprised by this. "Oh come on, guys! You don't think my mommy and daddy actually called me Chomper did you?" As they nodded, he continued. "That would be like calling Littlefoot 'Longneck' or calling Cera 'Tree Rammer' or calling Spike um... never mind. It's just not a good sharptooth name." He decided to get his train of thought back on track.

So I suspect he would have his own sharptooth name apart from his leaf-eater name.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Bump.

"Can I bring some friends for dinner?"

"Sure, Bump. We could use some dessert."

:lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Bump.

"Can I bring some friends for dinner?"

"Sure, Bump. We could use some dessert."

:lol

:OhYou

but for real?
I know he has big flat head so maybe he can bump things even better that Original Sharptooth who crushed through huge stone cliffs without any hurt, but... XD Well, it's his parents' choice.
6/14
0/26

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
This is a pretty interesting topic. I'm surprised not many people have answered this.

Honestly, talking from the POV of Chomper's parents, I feel like their name for him would be something like "Roar" or "Holler". I mean, the first thing Chomper does when he sees his parents for the first time is "roar" at them.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Honestly, talking from the POV of Chomper's parents, I feel like their name for him would be something like "Roar" or "Holler". I mean, the first thing Chomper does when he sees his parents for the first time is "roar" at them.
Whoa, I like this idea. :D
6/14
0/26

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Whoa, I like this idea. :D
Thanks. :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think Chomper’s name in Sharpteeth language is actually contained imn LBT V when his parents first show up. His momma says “Come alomg,” and possibly the word son; if we listen to noise they make for son, it would be their name for Chomper.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith