The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anybody want to try this?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now, I saw something like this once online, where the different movements of a charcter are put in such a way that it looks like they're dancing.

Now, I myslef would love to see an animation of Cera pulling off some great break dancing moves.

However, the thing is that I would like someone else to try this.  Reason why is, a.) I've got too many other projects of my own to complete, and b.) I have zero skill in this sort of thing. (I don't even have a program to pull it off.)

So, anyone up to the challenge?  Anyone?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That would be absolutely Awesome, but unfortunately I don't have any sort of 3D rendering software, and my drawing abilities wouldn't even allow a 2D version of an LBT character to look correct.

I'm sure someone with some time on their hands could make a .gif file or something, but I can't draw well enough to attempt such a project (I do have the software to make animated .gifs, but as Littlefoot Fan may remember me saying to him before, I can't remember how to use it very well. :rolleyes: I took a little Imageready course in grade 11...that was almost 4 years ago now :o)

If anyone can do it, we would love to see it. We should sync it up with some music, too, heh heh :D   I'd be willing to take over that part if someone could draw the original animation.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That would be absolutely Awesome, but unfortunately I don't have any sort of 3D rendering software, and my drawing abilities wouldn't even allow a 2D version of an LBT character to look correct.
Oh, I actually thought it was just gonna be takin screenshots from the movies and putting them together somehow to make them look like they're dancin, hehe :P:

This sounds fun :D however I don't really know of any kind of animation making program I could use :/ since that one action9000 mentioned, I don't know how to work, hehe :P: I haven't really ever attempted to draw the characters, but it's worth a try :lol: since I wanna start drawing them anyway :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, I actually thought it was just gonna be takin screenshots from the movies and putting them together somehow to make them look like they're dancin, hehe

That could work too, at least as a start :lol I'm just trying to think what programs we would need to do such a project with sound in it.  GIF files on their own can't contain sound/music.  We'd need some way to make either a Flash movie or an MPG/AVI/other video file.  Flash would be the easiest way, and I do have the Macromedia Flash program, as well as some Flash experience.  I took a Flash course in grade 12. :p  

If we did do it as a Flash movie, we could simply do what Littlefoot Fan mentioned and see what we end up with.  We could crop the characters out of a screenshots, resize and recolour them so they are consistant, and put the screenshots so music.  Any suggestions for songs to sync up the dancing to? (No hard rock, Littlefoot Fan! :P: )

The other possibility of actually drawing the characters would give a Lot more freedom for the project, but we just need someone who can draw :p.  Again, we could draw the characters in Flash and make the movie that way.

A third option, simply taking various screenshots, cropping them, and making them into an animated .gif file, would work as well, but the results may not be spectacular and we couldn't put music to it.  What's dancing without funky music? :p  If anyone wants to do this, however, I"d be very interested to see the result! :wow

To add onto this project, I'm willing to compose the dance music, providing we decide on a method of making the dance. I recently got myself a number of funky music programs to play with, some of which will be very suitable for some interesting dance music :D